Getting to Know Each Other - June 2016

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question the 23rd of June: Do you have some sort of fitness regimen?

Sure do. Jogging my memory, jumping to conclusions, and running off at the mouth. ::P:

Work keeps me moving constantly, though my old position kept me in shape the most. Unloading ten thousand pounds per day by hand usually does that.

• Like 7

Mostly just walking these days. Had to stop lifting a couple years back because it was aggravating an old sword-fighting injury. Haven't gotten back into lifting, but the desk job is making me want to get the bench set up again...
  • Like 6

Mostly just walking these days. Had to stop lifting a couple years back because it was aggravating an old sword-fighting injury. Haven't gotten back into lifting, but the desk job is making me want to get the bench set up again...

Now that's something you don't hear everyday...

• Like 5

No, I used to work out all the time, but have had a hard time trying to get back into it again. I'm hopeful that with a devoted work-out room in our new home and a few pieces of gym equipment that I'll be able to work out again on a daily basis as I never seem to want to leave the house to go to the gym.

• Like 2

Now that's something you don't hear everyday...

Actually, it was practice swords, so the injury wasn't from that (bruises don't count!). It was falling 12' onto blacktop and then getting pancaked by a 8x8" wooden beam. Fractured me pelvis!

Had to be held down by my friends because I tried walking home, screaming in pain :)

• Like 5

Largely a matter of not eating until I have to. My job keeps me on my feet to the point where the last thing I wanna do when I'm not working is go work out...

• Like 3

Nowhere near like I did 18 or so months ago.  ::(:   :down:

That's changing though.  :grr:  I've lost 10 lbs in the past month due to modifications in diet and a resurgence of exercise.  ::D:

Edited by VitM
  • Like 2

Question the 22nd of June: Do you have any hobby related conventions/events you are attending this year?

I've already been to PaizoCon, won't know if I'll be going to PAXPrime until closer to the con.

Then, if I have the money and the time, there's VCon a local SciFi/Fantasy convention that usually features some elements of gaming that I might pop into as well as FanExpo which is a larger SciFi/Fantasy con that I've been to a couple of times and enjoyed but aside from a few vendors selling gaming items it's mostly not hobby repeated.

• Like 2

Err... conventions. I usually manage to attend a few of the local ones. This year it was Orcacon and Paizocon... um, and Gamestorm. Although with my RPG preferences, it's looking like Gamestorm is sliding off the list. :/

Fit.. ness? I don't think I have a pool big enough for Nessie.. oh! Exercise! ... I go for a walk in the pocketpark occasionally? I also herd chickens a lot. Hens do not understand the concept of a fence. Other, house-work type things happen as needed. Including hauling bags of food hither and yon.

• Like 2