Sign in to follow this  
Kuro Cleanbrush

Star Wars T-70 X-Wing Repaint

Hi everyone!  My wife and I have been playing quite a bit of X-Wing lately around doing some painting, and so I whipped up a quick T-70 X-Wing repaint between steps on the minis we are painting together!  I hope you get a kick out of it:

post-7158-0-42201600-1464825944_thumb.jpg

post-7158-0-55904400-1464825979_thumb.jpg

post-7158-0-45179400-1464825993_thumb.jpg

Including my Y-Wing from last year, I've got the starts of a little squadron!

post-7158-0-46117600-1464826032_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!  ::):

• Like 22

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      I'm very new to airbrushing but I've been working hard to get better at it.  Here is the Star Spawn of Cthulu, from the board game Mansions of Madness.  The plinth with the flame on it used to be the stand from a Bones Giant Scorpion.  Now used to hold sacrifices in place for the consumption of the evil ones.

• By Watchman
      This is a continuation of a thread started in "More X-Wing Fun", covering stories for a start until some new pilots are trained.  I gave out "The Force Awakens" to a few guys for Christmas and Birthdays in the hopes of expanding the player base.  The group at the local game store seems to have vanished.  So continuing...
      This is the Rebellion News Network (R.N.N.)
      Watchman reporting from somewhere in the Distal Reaches.

We encountered a rather strange cosmic anomaly that has thrown us off course; no one seems to know our present whereabouts.  The emergency transmitter has been broadcasting our location since we lost our course lock-on. It has been only forty-five minutes but we have been informed of a locating beacon that has started transmitting a positional fix to home in on.  Evidently this is not a standard type beacon, not matching anything on the Galactic Navigational Charts…             We are, finally, approaching an uncharted planetary body…

We have been instructed to close all view ports before we land.  I am placing a Remote Optical Pad on the port that should pass all but the closest detailed external inspection. I plan to activate a Randomized Signal Receiver just before touchdown, and possibly obtain some external video…             So, a Military base of some sort: a Gozanti Cruiser taking off (?), and Y-wing bombers.  Looks like about two squadrons of Kihraxz fighters landing.  Here are two rows of Z-95s, which I am unable to determine how many are present. Looks like a standard type of base construction seen elsewhere.  Hmmm, there is no visible activity of any kind currently, which I can pick out, inside the installation.  
                  Okay we are going down and swinging around just past the base.           
      We have an interesting development, looks like I am picking up stray video signals close by from someone doing a visual scan of us.  They seem to be interested in our weapons mounts. Sorry guys nothing new or special here, same-o, same-o.
      Could this be a dual function base?  I see three Jumpmaster 5000s, an YT1300 and a HWK290.  Also an air patrol of Protectorate Star fighters. Okay feed was terminated.

I will complete the report when we liftoff.

Watchman reporting,
      Good Day
    • By Kuro Cleanbrush
      Hey all!  Here is just a super quick Y-Wing conversion (additional armor plating) and repaint.  I've been having a ton of fun playing the X-Wing Miniatures game with my brothers and wanted to have my own unique Y-Wing to use.  

Thanks for looking!
    • By Delnaran
      Hi everyone.

After lurking for a while, and enviously admiring everyones skills, I have decided to finally try my hand at painting some of the miniatures I have. Hopefully it will make both my boardgames and my tabletop roleplaying a bit more interesting if one stops playing with gray and white blobs.

So I got some brushes, and some paint, and started to slap it haphazardly onto a couple of miniatures out of my Mansions of Madness box.The reasoning behind this was that I could get away with some slightly lower quality on miniatures for a boardgame.

A couple of miniatures in and it if fairly obvious that no amount of reading is going to substitute for experience, and that is where I turn to the people of this forum for critique and suggestions.

the first miniature I decided to try was one of the shoggoths which got a green coat of reapers muddy olive with a drop of black in it, and then got got coated with some glazes of pure muddy olive. I tried then to highlight with some olive green, but the contrast with the previous layer was way too high, and it looked quite off. the eyes obviously suffer from my inexperience with every single one having some wobly lines.

These are where I am with the miniature currently, and I am unsure how to progress with this one.Hopefully there will be some advice for how to improve it further.

The images link to my Flickr account to allow for larger images.

The second miniature I tried to do was the Dhole from the same box. I tried my hand at mixing my own colors here in order to get something a bit different from what comes in the box of paints from Reaper.

The body was painted with a mixture of Rainy Gray, Sunset Purple, and Deep Twilight. it then had shades done with a darker mixture of the same colors, (basically with more Deep Twiligh).
      The tentacles are painted with a mixture of Pale Violet Red, and Blood Red. There is an atempt at a gradient from Blood Red to Pale Violet Red, but it does not show all that well.

Not sure how to move on with the highlight for this one, if I should add more of the sunset purple, the Rainy Gray, or perhaps a completely different purple or gray.

Sorry for the long post, and thank you for all advice, even if it should be "stop it you noob!"

• Who's Online   37 Members, 3 Anonymous, 395 Guests (See full list)