Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Converted Scorpion CAVs

I'd say this took a total of 20 minutes for both models.

*throws his brushes down in rage*  :blink:

I QUIT!  :wow:

• Like 3

...with a frayed, abused, end-of-life size 1 Reaper Kolinsky.

ARe you TryIng to mAke mE more RaGeY?!?  :rock: 

• Like 2

(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»
  • Like 3

Very cool warmachines!

WOOF might be interested in purchasing such weaponry, we got a Drow problem..

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joinordie/sky-shards-the-arrival?ref=discovery_category_newest

Story
      Welcome to our second Kickstarter campaign!
      We are 3DBreed Miniatures and after our first successful kickstarter campaign '1775 Join or Die' , we are happy to present 'Sky Shards: The Arrival', a collection of 6mm scale mecha models and terrain objects, created to be printed at home in resin printers such Anycubic Photon or Elegoo Mars, or in FDM printers such as Ender 3 or Prusa. 
      ** We remind you that this Kickstarter is for digital files (STLs) to make all these items on your own 3D printer, such as Anycubic Photon or Ender 3. These are not physical models **
      The models have been designed in pieces to allow an easy printing and removal process of the supports. They are ideal to be adapted to any RPG or Wargame.
      The pledge consists of 4 different factions with their unique style. Each faction has 2 Heavy mechs (40-70mm high), 5 Medium Mechs (30-40mm high) and 5 Light Mechs (20-30mm high). Besides, a basic terrain objects' pack is included in the pledge, along with 6mm scale infantry units, an APC vehicle, a tank and a generic excavator to extract the valuable 'Sky Shards'. 
       In 3DBreed Miniatures we firmly believe that the best way to show the confidence in our work is to give you the opportunity to download the THOR'S HAMMER squadron's free 3D printing files to make a printing test. They will give you a good idea of a finished miniature in your hand.
      DOWNLOAD THOR'S HAMMER SQUADRON 
      'Sky Shards: The arrival' has just a pledge of 40€ and with it, you'll get all the miniatures and terrain objects of the basic set and all the stretch goals' aditional content that we manage to unlock:
      SCALE REFERENCE

• By djizomdjinn
      It's been far, far too long since I sat down and painted a mini. Too many other life priorities. But anyways...

So, I painted a Sisters of Battle terminator, and I decided I wanted her as a mini. Games Workshop does not sell SoB terminators. And so began my long conversion process, spending far too much money on bits for a model that probably can't be ever fielded.

A ton of plasticard cementing, ProCreate sculpting, and general hackery later, I came out with this. Proportions are somewhat wonky, but I think they're beyond my capability to fix short of sculpting everything from scratch. Plus GW's proportions have always been wonky, especially for terminators.

A coat of primer and I'm feeling better about this whole project already.
    • By SamuraiJack
      About
      The long awaited follow up to the successful Star Legion Kickstarer. This project will expand the focus of the previous one by fleshing out the heavy armored forces of the Star Legion, as well as introducing the new Colonial Army! All new 6mm scale vehicles ranging from the reliable M-75 personnel carrier to the behemoth Actium Super-heavy Battle Tank!
      Stretch goals will be announced when the project reached 75% funded.
      The Project
      Successful funding will secure the introduction of 7 new model kits:
      - The Star Legion -

- The Colonial Army -

Stretch Goals
      Successful stretch goals will unlock variant kits for certain models. Backers will be able to swap variants for vehicles in their pledge levels, or purchase them as extras. The Stretch goals will be revealed as the Kickstarter progresses.
    • By Froggy the Great
      Smaug the Golden, 6mm scale, needlepoint mesh / granny-grating, here shown about to burninate the dwarves of Erebor:

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      So - my next small project - I cannot keep with just one ... errrr.

After having a small but nice talk with @SGHawkins09 and being sent home by the doc to cure a sickness I recently picked up, I had to decide what to do next.

As all those wonderful and enthusiatic responses to my previous projects (I mean it - I never had so much response in such a short time) made it near to impossible to just sign off from the forums and disappear into the wilderness, I agreed to take on a different plan.

I just grabbed into my miniature box and took some figures to paint them and get them done. And then it struck me: I am at the Reaper Forums yet I missed to paint a Reaper miniature.

So I picked out ... errr - let me see ... Troll Slayer Sophie! Yay! - hey! Hooooraaay! Who the heck is Troll Slayer Sophie and when did I buy her?

It seems I already started to paint her, but then decided otherwise, stripped *chuckles* her and put her away. Hm. Good point to start her all over again.

As I chose her to be the figure I wanted to paint next I had to think about the color scheme I wanted to use.

Well. I had no idea. I never really cared about fantasy style, so it never meant anything to me. The things I know about are modern or sci fi. I played a lot of Warhammer40k back in the days. I even wrote fanfiction stories which included the Imperial Guard and the Sisters of Battle ...

... Sisters of Battle ...

hm. that could make a great colour scheme. Works well with the flesh tones and still contrasts it. And as Sophie is a demon, the demon/witch hunter theme fits her rather perfectly.

I'll take it!

Well then - primed her and started painting.

But I am not sure - do I want to give her skin the grim dark appearance of an Adepta or a more Succubi-like appearance like ... this one:

Succubus

Suggestions?
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)