Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This is a bunch of minis in one. I was looking at my pygmy mammoth mini a couple of months ago and I just felt the need to dangle something from its tusks. I found some little bottles I had bought years ago from a Michaels or Joann and the rest of the ideas followed smoothly. I chopped some phosphorescent plastic from a little dino model you find in Fred Meyer and put those in the bottles and they do glow in the dark. I wasn't able to take a good photo of that, alas. I first saw the idea of a large pack animal with lanterns on it, traveling into an uncertain world, years ago when I saw this art: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/7638820 and fell in love with it.
List of materials
- Pygmy mammoth https://www.reapermini.com/search/mammoth/latest/44111
- Shadoweyes Catfolk rogue https://www.reapermini.com/search/cat rogue/latest/44118
- Adventuring accessories https://www.reapermini.com/search/02638
- Adventuring accessories II https://www.reapermini.com/search/02963
- green stuff (I used the silicone sculpting brushes and vaseline to get this level of detail)
- little bottles from Michaels or Joann
- phosphorescent plastic (I used the plastic support for the dino pieces from JARU, Inc. Dino World Glow Fossils - no dino pieces were harmed in the making of this mini)
Here are more close up photos.
And here is the making process.
He even has a uvula :)
I chopped off the platform and the swords from the rogue cat. And then I cut off its legs and tail so i could reposition them on top of the mammoth.
And then I summoned the green stuff.
It was really hard to detach the sacks from their metal anchor. I was basically chewing away at the metal with my pliers. But eventually they came off.
Priming this was challenging.
I sealed the base with a heavy layer of gloss sealer later on.
Invoking more green stuff, this time for the cape, blanket edges and the harnesses.
I used the cap on one of my new brushes to support the rolled up corner of the cape overnight otherwise it would have fallen flat. I smeared it with vaseline so it wouldn't stick and become a problem once the green stuff dried.
Sculpted the edges of the blanket because just painting the dangly threads on the mammoth looked flat and most unsatisfactory.
I think I'll name her Shen. And have her wreck havoc for my players in my D&D campaigns.
I don't have photos for the harnesses because after staring at this mini for so long I got dizzy and had to lie down. And then I forgot to take pics and I finished the piece. The harnesses are just twisted long strips of green stuff. I measured the distance from the tusk to the hand and then made them and let them dry before attaching them.
Hope you enjoyed this build :)
After assembling the Graveyard Golem I decided I wanted to adjust the warp of the gates on the golem's back.
So using two copper staples, I shaped them to an arch and gouged a notch on each wing. Then cut the staple to leave a sharp point. After that, I insert the staple using pliers and force.
Next I will secure the wire to the gate posts with superglue and then shape the wire and wing to the desired warp. Once setup I will glue the wire to the remaining gate bars.
With the main new bars secured, I will intertwine some floral wire to dress up the bars and gate wings.
Stay tuned and Enjoy. Please stay safe.
To complement my Ent I wanted to sculpt a small toad man. None of yhe available miniatures really fit the bill, so I started from scratch.
After bulking out the body with greenstuff and milliput (to make it less bendy) I made good progress with the skin texture. The combination of micro beads, poppy seeds and super glue applicator tube produced a really nice warty skin texture.
Next are the arms and legs. He will be a plain toad, only a hand weapon will be added inspired by Polynesian arms.
Who's Online 13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)