Sign in to follow this  
Guyscanwefocusplease

CAV SO: Terran Wolf (Reaper 94075)

Hey everyone!

Finally got around to finishing up the final details on my terran wolf tanks.  This is my third real attempt at using OSL on these guys and I think I could have done a better job.  I just can't seem to make the light reflections "pop" on these models like I could do on the other ones.  OSL gurus, any tips for making mine look better?  Maybe having more of a gradient?  Tried for awhile to get it to look right but I am missing something.

post-14043-0-17734300-1465178468_thumb.jpg

post-14043-0-50201700-1465178485_thumb.jpg

The only thing I struggled with was where to put the star.  All the stars are going on red sections and are centered on the models, but the wolf didn't really have a good place to do that.  I originally went with stars on the back hatches, but I would have had to do 2 to get them to look right.  I am happy with having them on the main gun as you see here.

Overall, I am happy with these guys, who now get added to my budding terran force:  

post-14043-0-60701100-1465178502_thumb.jpg

I think it's coming together pretty nicely, but I'm drowning the CAVs in treads now... Simba is next!!!

• Like 14

Good work!

I think the star looks fine on the top of the turret like that.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      Private Chapman has been in stasis for 1,538 days and awake for two. Private Chapman is wondering where she is, when she is and what her mission is. Private Chapman is also pondering why she hasn't been issued desert pattern armour.

Private Chapman has just spotted something up ahead. Private Chapman's life expectancy is four minutes.

(Again, sorry about the photos which were taken on my phone.)

• By Pingo
      https://siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/news/still-snarling-after-40000-years-a-giant-pleistocene-wolf-discovered-in-yakutia/

The intact head of a gigantic wolf has been discovered in Siberian permafrost. The head is 40cm long, as large as a modern donkey’s head (fully half the body length of a modern wolf!)

• By Brianuk
      Enjoyed painting these but can't say I applied any great magic or too much time to them. They were all really quick to complete, working up from coloured primer with washes then bone or cream or pink for details. 

• By GlenP
      Here's another bit of ordnance - a WW II Japanese Type 97 Shinhoto Chi Ha Tank from Tamiya. 1/35 scale, all plastic, with flexible tracks. The kit dates back to the 80s. Fairly easy cleanup and assembly. Paashe VL airbrush and Tester's Model Master, et al, paints. Colored pencils for the paint chips, scratches, abrasions, etc. Reaper acrylics for the various oil, gas, dirt, and dust stains. Finished off with chalk pastels (old school). The base is a cutup, sanded, and stained oak plank from Home Depot. Name plate from a local trophy shop.

Now everyone can join in the fun in RC's Ordnance Category.

Qs and Cs welcomed.

Glen

• By Adrift
      Terezinya was painted up to be a vampire character in my dnd game, the rest are fairly self explanatory. 

The translucent green Bones were given a coating of Grass Green India Ink and then had details highlighted out. They're retained their translucent quality while having better detail visibility. 

• Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 67 Guests (See full list)