• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well done Jay...an Orange Tabby priest..puuurrrfect!

You have definitely been stepping up to the plate lately.. nice OSL and fancy base.  How did you do the flowers?

::o:

Thanks RobihH;

The flowers are from SCENIC EXPRESS.  They have a whole pile of flower sheets to select from.

I was originally planning on painting the grass, using a toothpick with glue to create nubs, and then paint

them into different flowers.  This was a lot easier/quicker. 

The tabby was a lot of fun !

• Like 1

Wonderful work, Jay!!

Love seeing you continue to get better and better and push yourself.

Thanks UB3R !

I have to admit that it is wonderful that my son is a fan of my painting of Miniatures.  I can experiment, and challenge myself on his dime...LOL

The anthropomorphic mini's are a great learning tool since it combines what you KNOW, with what you DON'T know.  I know what clothes and cloaks etc. look like, but how am I going to paint this hedgehog, tabby cat, Lion ?  The myriad of things you can do with them is mind boggling.  Then toss in the basing.  Ever since I started clipping off the broccoli base my enjoyment of this hobby has really magnified.  Playing with techniques gives me an added sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.  So thank you, I'm enjoying all these challenges !

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 2

Random comments:

Nice color scheme, excellent basing, love the fur, details on the edge of the robe are quite nice as well.

Quick suggestion:

Flames tend to be dim near the tip of the flame rather than brightest there. (It's more complex than just hot at bottom and cool at top, but it's related to that.) If you were to use yellow near the middle and reds and browns at the tips, I think the flame would be more convincing.

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice Doug !  Really appreciate it.

Besides the Yellow/Orange thing going on, the hot/cold..so much to remember doing flames.

Appreciate your sharing your experience with me.  Noted in my note book now...

Thanks again !

• Like 1

SPLENDID! The Little Spell Slinging Feline is rich with character...BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. You just keep getting better with each new piece. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank You Malefactus.

Your inspiration and kind words always eggs me on to try another miniature, and see how much fun I can have bringing him to life.

Your zest for our hobby also contributes to my delight when I see your zany and evocative creations.  You spur me on to keep trying new things also.

Thanks again.

Edited by Jasonator

One of your best!

I like the OSL, the fur and those flowers on the base are a great touch!

Keep those Anthros coming!

Thanks Xherman1964;

I am actually totally enjoying doing these little critters.

They are NOT easy. Cute may look simple, but it isn't.

My next Miniature that I started working on today is "The Hedge Hog Bard"... its small;

but it has such fantastic details, and magnificent basing opportunities.  I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Your enthusiasm is so greatly appreciated !

Jay

• Like 1

One of your best!

I like the OSL, the fur and those flowers on the base are a great touch!

Keep those Anthros coming!

Thanks Xherman1964;

I am actually totally enjoying doing these little critters.

They are NOT easy. Cute may look simple, but it isn't.

My next Miniature that I started working on today is "The Hedge Hog Bard"... its small;

but it has such fantastic details, and magnificent basing opportunities.  I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Your enthusiasm is so greatly appreciated !

Jay

I know they can be deceivingly difficult. But they're a lot of fun!

I have painted the Rabbit Ranger, the Mole Alchemist, The Tortoise Cleric and the Newt Warrior.

I also made a diorama with the Frog princess, Prince and Jester.

Great minis.

From the BOGW I got two Oathsworn minis, a Tortoise Centurion and an Armadillo Maya Warrior.

So I'll be following your work.

I love the way you handle these!!!!

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 1