Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Buglips Candy?

Been meaning to post this for a while.  Saw it in the grocery store and was astonished nobody in marketing said "Er..." about the name:

worst-named-candy_zpslrgkjcjb.jpg

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 18

I've seen those and just thought it a bad pun on Vermont, meh.

that;s kind of what I am hoping, because frankly, minty fresh vermin doesn't sound very appealing to me, OR the goblin

• Like 2

I kind of like them (conceptually, I've never seen, or tasted, them before).

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 1

Did you try them? :upside:

Yes, you must try them for Science!

And now I have. Got some for the epic road trip.

Overall judgement is ... Eh. They are the chalky sort of mint rather than the chewy or the boiled sugar, and as they are "natural" the chalk looks a bit careworn to tea-dyed. The texture is okay-to-soft. Dried bits of brownish-green mint leaf embedded in the chalk matrix do not add to the appeal.

As I get a slight reaction from cinnamon oil (but not from natural cinnamon), I skipped that flavor.

I found the Wintergreen underpowered and rather lacking in flavor. The peppermint, however, was strong to the point of bitter burning. The ginger had a pleasant kick to it and proved helpful at settling queasy stomachs.

The name choice does seem even more peculiar, though, upon finding that VerMints are made in Canada and distributed by a company in Massachusetts.

• Like 6

Funny name, but not gross enough...

They sell some candy here with the name 'Søppeldynga', which literally translates to 'Garbage Dump'... And the commercials were all about the grossness.

Yeah, they're targeted at young children...

https://www.google.no/search?q=søppeldynga+pose&client=opera&hs=quj&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjI4qXU6d_OAhWJYZoKHTI4CXwQ_AUICCgB&biw=1093&bih=526#tbm=isch&q=bonbon+s%C3%B8ppeldynga

It's got to be better than the Bacon Mints... those are awful!  The things you'll try out because it was a gift from an RPG friend and given to you in front of the group...

• Like 2

funny, We Canucks generally know how to make good sweets. Oh well, now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Are you saying that Buglips is an EPIC FAIL attempt to make something sweet?

• Like 2

funny, We Canucks generally know how to make good sweets. Oh well, now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Are you saying that Buglips is an EPIC FAIL attempt to make something sweet?

I'm the sour of sweet n' sour and the bitter in bittersweet.  I'm the lieutenant of flavour, the second-in-command of taste. 

I'm the yin to the yang, making the whole by being the contrast and the complimentary.  I'm very complimentary.  You look nice today, Georgeous.  Did you get your hair done?

• Like 7