CAV Kraken - Space Pope Style, with reversed colors

OneBoot

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should put some glossy sealer on the windows.

Ooo, that's a great idea! I did get a bottle of brush-on Gloss sealer from Reaper's CAV Kickstarter; this would be the perfect opportunity to try it out! ::):

Straight lines are just evil, but you did a great job!

:blush:  :blush: Aw, thanks! They were really good practice, actually, since there's a lot of shallow sculpted lines on the figure itself that work nicely as guides. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

Very nice!  My only suggestion would be blacklining, especially around the cockpit.

Now that you mention it, a simple fine point black sharpie would work very well for these kinds of straight lined surfaces.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1

Both of those turned out very neat.  I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favourite between the two.  I'd be compelled to become a Top Ace just so I could haggle for both as my personal craft, then choose which one depending on whether it felt like a Purple Death kind of day or a Teal Death.

• Like 2

Both of those turned out very neat.  I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favourite between the two.  I'd be compelled to become a Top Ace just so I could haggle for both as my personal craft, then choose which one depending on whether it felt like a Purple Death kind of day or a Teal Death.

:blush:

Well, since I can't have anything but the best for the Boot-1 Mech Force, I decided to take all of the the good suggestions people made into account.

Here they are blacklined (thanks, Froggy!) with Grey Liner, and with one layer of Reaper's Gloss Sealer (thanks, Cranky Dog!) on the cockpits. It was a struggle to not use it on ALL THE THINGS when I saw how shiny it was, lol.

20160608_162225.jpg

20160608_162333.jpg

It's not the neatest in places, but painting on a sealed figure is a bit different from painting on a not-sealed figure, so both the paint and the brushtip didn't always behave as expected.

I also took the opportunity to tidy up lots of wobbly edges and little spots I missed, but even so I can still see things that need fixing in these photos.  :rolleyes: Ah well; I'm happy with them, so I'll leave them as they are. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6