Sign in to follow this  
Rickdraco

recent paints. Sir Conlan, Malek and Goldar

It's been a few days since I last posted new work, and now I have three miniatures to show off. First up is my take on Sir Conlan.. I kind of wanted to make him look as if he could be a hero or a villain, to have some ambiguity in the paint scheme regarding his possible allegiance, I also attempted to make his sword's blade look as if it is made of an amethyst crystal.

post-14997-0-82591600-1465331812_thumb.jpg

post-14997-0-73382700-1465331814_thumb.jpg

Next up is my take on Malek, the necromancer. My initial idea was to try and make him look as if he could be heroic, but it did not necessarily work for that, he still looks evil to me, but a LOT brighter than most necromancers!!!

post-14997-0-19975700-1465331817_thumb.jpg

post-14997-0-19278700-1465331819_thumb.jpg

And lastly, Goldar, the male Barbarian. I just liked the sculpt of the miniature, and tried my hand at giving him face paint and a tattoo on his back, all freehand.

post-14997-0-94811700-1465331808_thumb.jpg

post-14997-0-81487500-1465331810_thumb.jpg

post-14997-0-84280000-1465332355_thumb.jpg

Feel free to look, Comments and advice are always happily received!! (edit, close up of barbarian's face added.)

Edited by Rickdraco
  • Like 14

Great job on all of them! I like your barbarian the best, he looks gritty and the tattoo is nicely done.

Looking really good.

You have chosen to do three difficult mini's.

There is quite the learning curve in them.

We all have done them, and have fond memories of the challenges.

I noticed that you have tabbed them by name but you haven't added YOUR name in a tab.

Please start doing that.  If you always tab you name I can click on your name and see what you have done,

and give you more meaningful feedback ! 

Keep on improving !!!

Jay

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By CaptMini
      I'm a noob (about 5-6 weeks of painting) but am happy with this guy and his rusty armor!
      Would love some C & C from anyone though!

• By jonaas33
      This is the very first fig that I ever bought, 8 or 9 years ago.  It was for my first D&D session with some close friends, and I fell in love with the game on the spot.  This character has gone through a lot: demonic armor possession, lost both of his eyes, had a hole punched through his chest, died 3 times, came back as a zombie, body taken over by a lich, and currently resurrected in the body of a half-ogre.  I have a new fig for the character and his new body, but this one will always have a special place in my heart.  I finally got around to painting him over the weekend.  His eyes are a little googly, and the attempt at highlighting didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but I'm glad he turned out OK.  Tips on highlighting would be most appreciated, as that's what I was trying out on this one.  Thanks as always!

• By Rickdraco
      It's been ages since I posted on the forums, so I decided I needed to get back to my roots.. As such I got myself one of what I remember as the very first miniature I ever painted, way back in '89!  I haven't decided on all of the colours to use, but one thing I knew from the start was that back then I did the mohawk in all the rainbow, and this one I just had to do the same!

Well, thiese are my progress pics so far, I don't want to rush this as it's honestly now a really important mini to me.  Comments and advice for how to proceed will be gladly accepted!

• By KruleBear
      I am still not happy with the skin tones I have come up with for my basic Zombicide zombies... Most have been too green. So I wanted to try something more of a pale skin to grey color.. And believe it or not I am out of Bones zombies and that's to experiment on. So I found Goldar who is my proxie zombie. 
      What do you guys think? I am actually happy with this one for two reasons: I painted him I about two hours total and I think this skin tone will work for my standard Zombicide zombies. It is VMC 2 parts basic skin tone to 1 part sky grey. Then a light wash of Army Painter dark tone Ink. Btw... I am going to stick with their ink since it dries in less than an hour, rather than two days for their quick shade dip.

Once I get a Caucasian zombie skin I like, then I will have to work on an African zombie skin tone to add some variety.

• By Rickdraco
      I have been away from painting for what seems like ages, but the other day I went back to Duke Gerrard and completely repainted him.   I kept it pretty simple, and the face is as basic as they come (I could not even paint in his eyes)  but I think overall he is better.  The main armour was painted using the palest purple I could find, a craft paint called Iris, followed by a simple wash with army painter purple tone quickshade ink. The cloak I used Golden yellow followed by a wash of army Painter Strong Tone.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 132 Guests (See full list)