• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By snitchythedog
      Well mostly scenic base.  Made a town centre that will get dressed up as a market once finished. Basing material is foamex with a plastic receipt spool covered in Milliput.  Painted with a mix of craft, PP and GW paints.  Further tinted with a treatment of oils. 

• By Jordan Peacock
      Online, from a certain market of miniatures, I found some "Kaosball" team expansion packs on clearance (for a better price than what they're listed at now, as of this writing).  Each pack contains 13 32mm-scale minis in 2 poses (6 of one pose on 25mm square bases, and 7 of an alt pose on 25mm round bases), a "bust" that represents the "team coach," and a game-specific 12-sided die (which I suppose isn't much use for anything, unless I actually wanted to play the game).  Anyway, this worked out to being under $1 a figure, and the sculpts looked interesting, so I got a few packs.  (I find it hilarious, though, that while most of the packs are marked down, the "Felinia Hellcats" -- scantily-clad gun-toting cat-girls -- are specifically marked as "[CLEARANCE]" and yet they're priced at about 3x the asking price for each of the other teams.)

I originally picked these guys up (the "Samaria Barbarians") with a vague intent that "someday" I would run a Savage Worlds convention one-shot scenario heavily inspired by the "Brütal Legend" video game ... but it occurred to me that few if any of my players would have heard of that game, and I'm no particular "expert" on anything rock-and-roll-related, so maybe I'm not the best person to GM such a setting.

However, I could always use a few more post-apocalyptic wastelanders.  The "big hair" style here doesn't necessarily look like it would fit the current Fallout aesthetic as established in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, but I think these guys wouldn't look terribly out of place in the original Fallout 1 & 2 (what with all the "Mad Max" and "Fist of the North Star" wannabes wandering about in those games).  I removed the figures from their bases, putty-and-texture-stamped the 25mm round bases, putty-and-texture-stamped some plastic 25mm rounds for the remaining figures, and did a few hand swaps and bit-add-ons to give a few of the figures visible ranged weaponry.  (I figured that would give me a little more buy-in if I were to field a gang of these guys for an encounter and then they start FIRING on the PCs, versus what pushback I might get if they *appeared* to only be armed with axes.)

I used some paper printed license plates to add some "junk armor" elements to further reinforce the "post-apocalyptic" vibe.

Each team pack also comes with a "bust" to represent the team coach.  I went with a bronze-and-verdigris scheme for each.
    • By lexomatic
      Came across this article. Oh to have money, time, and space.

"The scenery and structures are his forte, rather than the locomotives and tracks. "I find beauty in what everyone else sees as ugly - rugged skyscrapers, beaten-up warehouses, things that are very run down."
    • By Pegazus
      Yes, a 2020 ReaperCon WIP! And a massive undertaking at that. I'm trying very hard not to nerd out and put this whole project into, er, Project. There's just so many pieces to keep track of, that maybe I'll just use this first post to keep track of things.

Some background stuff, starting with a quote from the "Paint a giant robot! Group WIP" where I wrote some of what's planned:

You can read the rest of that post here: Paint a giant robot post and a second one to see where I'm going with this: PLA print post in same topic

Biggest takeaway is that, while useful, my PLA printer can only do so much. I have a resin printer backed on Kickstarter, but considering it's now 3 years late, I don't think I should hold my breath on it ever showing up. Especially when I can get a new Elegoo Mars resin printer with more capability for relatively cheap (<$300). The PLA machine was bought with both hobby and household goals in mind, and it's served well. But the resolution just ain't there! More on that down the posts.

I also had the chance to gain some experience on  paper plants at ReaperCon (Main post for that in the Terrain section post here: Vellum Paper Plants - Alien Jungle (WIP)

Basically, I have the scrap booking machine to make my own alien plants:

Which now leads me to this WIP. This is going to tie all those pieces together. The robot WIP will still be to get a good camo scheme, but that print job is not going to be used for the final diorama. Instead, that will be the resin printer's job. So, let's break down the WIP work that I can see so far, and will be edited later to add things and mark completions.

Tasks to be completed:

Figures Needed
      Wight (being pulled down backwards, caught by hidden lines) Gremlin Unit 01 (stole a supply crate and ran; actually just bait to get the larger CAV to follow) Gremlin Units 02 and 03 (trip line pair, successfully snagging Wight across the chest) Gremlin Units 04 and 05 (trip line pair, successful across another part of the chest) Gremlin Unit 06 (burner unit, cut Wight's left gun in two) Gremlin Units 07 and 08 (trap door unit, hiding entrance to jungle path with camo doors strapped to them) Gremlin Units 09 and 10 (trip line pair, successful across right thigh) Gremlin Units 11 and 12 (trip line pair, broken cable across chest, possibly falling over from sudden jolt) Gremlin Unit 13 (ECM unit, some large radar dish looking thing) Gremlin Units 14, 15 and 16 (cargo units, loaded up with stolen supplies and headed out) Gremlin Units 17, 18, 19, and 20 (gun units) Gremlin Units 21, 22, and 23 (missile units) Gremlin Unit 24 (large gun unit) Gremlin Unit 25 and 26 (junked units; scavenged for parts?) Gremlin Unit 27 (2nd style missile unit) Gremlin Unit 28 (personnel carrier unit)  
      Wight Conversion
      Right Leg: cut from pelvis; reposition Feet: cut off both feet and swap positions since the tread is only on one foot Base: cut away from right foot, possibly keeping full base around left foot Left arm (maybe): cut gun into two pieces, having one falling to the ground after being cut by a heat lance/chainsaw rope  
      Details to be included
      Camo doors at front leaving marks on the dirt path, but hiding the ambush from the main trail Pieces of old broken larger CAV units around Wight gun cut in two, maybe showing inner details. May have to 3D print an add-on piece Dust being kicked up by the stolen crate (going to try using dyed cotton) IN WORK One cable snapping dynamically, with several bends and twists (superglue on thread?) Multiple vehicle tracks around camp Campfire and tents for people A latrine Other camp details (laundry, chairs, sports equipment, bored carvings, etc)  
      Jungle Plants (V=Vellum cuts, B=bought, S=Sculpted, F=Found, P=Printed)
      Large lotus flower like plants, but dry land and maybe odd colors with a large conifer cone growing from the middle (V) Jester hat plant (balls on stems around a central point) (V) COMPLETED Spiky yucca like plant (V) Jagged leaf plant (V) Tentacle plant (V) Tripod trees (three spoke trunks) (V) Large palm fronds (S) Coral like trees (P) Horn tree (lots of horn shaped leaves from a central trunk) (P, V) Ball vine (like ivy but with odd leaf shapes) (V) Cabbage-like jungle plants with large wrinkled leaves (V) Fuzzy vines (thin wire coated with static grass) (S) Anything I can buy from N/HO scale train setups and painted alien-ish (B) Reaper figures that can be clipped and painted to be plants (B) Odd trees with strange leaf shapes (onion shaped) (V) IN WORK Random grass-like jungle plants (V) IN WORK Stem ends from mandarin oranges (seriously, pull one off and look at it, stem towards the ground) (F) Anything and everything else (VBSFP)  
      Base mounting system
      Design and print modular tiles with bristles on top (basically, Bristle Block toys) Allows mounting of all the above jungle plants Fill in around plants with thinned plaster via a syringe to create the ground surfaces
    • By Talae
      Clorehaven & the Goblin Grotto, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/clorehaven-and-the-goblin-grotto

The picturesque town of Clorehaven  
      A lively tavern, a variety of interesting and useful stores and fine lodgings is all the weary adventurer could ask  for.
      The locals seem polite and friendly. The beautiful stone and wood buildings tell you this small town is prosperous and will someday grow into a much larger city. But under the surface of the town, Clorehaven keeps a dark and foreboding secret.  
      Beneath the neat hedgerows and well-kept homes there lies a sprawling complex of caverns. 
      The deep goblins are a sniveling race of green-skins, plying their trade in the strange flora and fauna they gather from around mysterious pools. 
      Design and build your own medieval buildings using the Clorehaven OpenLOCK system. From simple houses to huge complex structures, anything is possible. 
      Explore the Goblin Grotto using the modular Grotto cavern system. Walls and floors can be combined to create a huge variety of underground caverns or above ground structures. 
      Who knows what’s in store for those above and what lies in the depths below. Clorehaven and the Goblin Grotto - By Printable Scenery - the best 3D printable scenery in all the worlds. 
      All the models from Clorehaven & the Goblin Grotto are delivered as optimized STL files to print on home 3D printers.
      If you take the All-In Pledge, you also receive the free bonus items.   
      Clorehaven Pledge :   Clorehaven is constructed using the OpenLOCK tile system where quality detailed modular and functional buildings can be constructed in any shape and size whilst maintaining the true 1" grid system used for most role playing games. 
      This pledge contains the models to build the Townhouse, Cottage, Homestead, Grand Hostel, Cabin, Tavern, Chalet, Watchtower and Schist Stone Fences.  The Clorehaven Pledge includes the stretch goals labelled Clorehaven.
       As the Kickstarter progresses the free stretch goals will grow and expand Clorehaven from a town into a city.
      Goblin Grotto Pledge:  The free form caverns create natural and expansive cavern maps and tunnel systems quickly and dynamically. The cavern floors are designed to have a comparable 1" grid system for RPG whilst still maintaining the natural rock form.
       PLAY This pledge contains the Moon Effigy, the Goblin Cavern Floors, The Cavern Walls, The Cavern Tunnels, the Cavern Bridge, Rickety Bridges and the Gloom Creeper. The Goblin Grotto Pledgeincludes the stretch goals labelled Goblin Grotto.
       All of our 3D-printable models begin their life as hand drawn concepts. From there we digitally sculpt the models to create high detail STL files. The models are test printed and painted before released so that you know each model from Printable Scenery will print perfectly. 
       Printable Scenery created the OpenLOCK system in 2016. Since then it has become the standard. Its innovative seamless locking system revolutionized dungeon system. Printable Scenery open-sourced the design and it allows for free commercial use to third party designers such as Open Forge.
      The Free Stretch Goals are a big part of our Kickstarters. The more stretch goals we hit, the more models you will get. So join us in this grand adventure and discover the stretch goals beyond.  

The bonus items listed below are free with the All-In Pledge.   
        If you want  an add-on you need to add the amount to your pledge or you can add it in the pledge manager at the end of the campaign.
      Note: If you want to get Add-Ons but not any of the main pledges then you can make a pledge for the amount for the Add-Ons only. To do this: 
      1. Select 'Back this Project'  2. Select '$1 or more -  Add-Ons Only' 3. Enter the amount for the Add-Ons.  Once the campaign closes you will be sent a link to the pledge manager to select the add-ons that you picked.
        Ruined Winterdale II Add-On NZ$30
      Back by popular demand, the Ruined Winterdale II Add-On contains 5 never before ruined buildings. To claim this add-on package you need to add the amount NZ$30 to your pledge or you can add it in the pledge manager at the end of the campaign.
      Dungeon Booster Add-On NZ$50 
      The Dungeon Booster Add-on contains walls and floors that are designed to boost your Rampage dungeon encounters.  To claim this add-on package you need to add the amount NZ$50 to your pledge or you can add it in the pledge manager at the end of the campaign.  
        Previous Kickstarter add-ons are bundled items that have been requested by backers from previous campaigns. 
      Click on the links below to see the list of models that are part of each Add-On.  (eg. the Lost Tribes contains 13 models)
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 3 Anonymous, 206 Guests (See full list)