Sign in to follow this  
Kuro Cleanbrush

Wood Elf Couple

Incredible, and the basing is just awesome !

Beautiful job!

The WIFE is a quick learner, and is an adept !

Together you will make some amazing miniatures !

You may have to change name to "Kuro CleanbrushERS"...LOL

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 3

She's doing great! It's curious to see her style is more crisp transitions, and yours is more gentle blends. But both look fantastic.

• Like 2

Your wife is new to the hobby and paints that well? I hope you're prepared for her abilities to surpass your own very very soon. Women have a habit of getting good at this hobby far quicker than most men. I've seen this before and soon you will too...

Edited by AEdge
  • Like 3

Thanks so much everyone!  All your encouragement is doing a great job of keeping her motivated to paint!  :;):  (Which, as we all know, can often be a battle during the beginning phases!)  So thanks a bunch!!!

Incredible, and the basing is just awesome !

Beautiful job!

The WIFE is a quick learner, and is an adept !

Together you will make some amazing miniatures !

You may have to change name to "Kuro CleanbrushERS"...LOL

lol, indeed!  ::):

Your wife is new to the hobby and paints that well? I hope you're prepared for her abilities to surpass your own very very soon. Women have a habit of getting good at this hobby far quicker than most men. I've seen this before and soon you will too...

I've seen that too; I think most women have better fine motor control than most men, and therefore they start with quite the leg up!  ::):  I guess I'll just have to work extra hard to keep up!  :lol:

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hotdogthebarbarian
      Painted yesterday with LTPK: Layer Up bought with Xmas monies. Followed directions from booklet with the exception of the shirt sleeves. The guide has red sleeves. I went with Heather Blue, and shaded with a wash of 1p Dark Highlights/1p Ebony Flesh/5p water. Layering is a tough skill for me. Several adjustments of shade and base back and forth. I skipped the lining; too cartoony for me. Highlights came easier. (Also bought MSP Starter Set) Tried to shadow Anirion's face on the left more as it is deeper in his cowl. Not the effect I was looking for, but it's time to move on to another mini.

Primer: None
      Paints: Reaper LTPK paints
      Finish: Testor's Dullcoat

As per Reaper's suggestion: I did not primer the mini, but I will in the future. I did wash it thoroughly with a toothbrush in hot soapy water. If you look at the right bottom hem of the cloak on the pic of the back you can see a chip out of the  paint. That was the fourth such chip I had to retouch. Mini was never dropped or scraped. The paints simple didn't bond well. (All Reaper paints)
    • By darkangelx387
      Here is another I did, please let me know how I can improve! Thanks! I know the basics to put a base coat, wash and drybrush to highlight. Looking to expand my knowledge and techniques.

• By Wikkidcrow
      This is my first mini ever. Some feedback would be wonderful. Thanks :)

• By Coleford
      So here is my take on Anirion, Wood Elf Wizard from the Vampire set from the first Kickstarter.
      I will be the first to admit that I might have gone a little crazy with the GW Agarax Earthshade wash on the robe (Especially on the back, you can see it just clumped and got goopy), but this was my first foray back into painting in about a year, and was kind of rushing it to get him finished for play.
      I know he doesn't look much like a Wood Elf, but that's because the player in my Campaign who I painted this for is quite fond of Fire Spells, so I used alot of hot colours, and then used the ice blue to sort of oppose the colour scheme and add some contrast.

Doing the yellow line was also my first attempt at free hand painting. 
      Like... Ever.
      I think he turned out a-okay for table top quality. Tell me what you think!

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)