Sign in to follow this  
Thrym

Battlemech Phoenix Hawk

45-ton Battlemech Phoenix Hawk

Command Conversion, Yellow/Maroon Paint Scheme

post-7739-0-80351500-1465709889.jpg

post-7739-0-52459900-1465709910.jpg

I will take better pics later.

Vallejo Japanese Uniform, Reaper Maroon Red, Reaper Red Shadow, Scale Color Thrash Metal, and Scale Color Black Metal.

• Like 14

I like it a lot!

Striking colours!

It does deserve some gravel of sand on the base though.

• Like 2

Nice! I like the addition of the Shadowhawk's (I think ?) backpack. And the base model is the Stinger right? Great idea to mash those up and make it a Phoenix Hawk!

• Like 3

Nice! I like the addition of the Shadowhawk's (I think ?) backpack. And the base model is the Stinger right? Great idea to mash those up and make it a Phoenix Hawk!

I believe it's really a Firebee from Battledroids which is bigger than the Stinger.  So I use it as a Phoenix Hawk in game.  It came with Phoenix Hawk like jumpjets originally but by the time I acquired it, they were missing.  So he got a Shadow Hawk/Griffin backpack.

• Like 2

I like it a lot!

Striking colours!

It does deserve some gravel of sand on the base though.

Nice work!

I agree with Xherman about the base.

I bought a dry riverbed stamp from Happy Seppuku and his base will be stamped with that and painted to look like some alien terrain.

• Like 2

Don't forget to show him off again with the base then!!

*** Waits patiently, like a good Wolf***

• Like 2

Here we go.  Not completely happy with these.

post-7739-0-20812800-1465937501.jpg

post-7739-0-74947800-1465937501.jpg

post-7739-0-25410300-1465937502.jpg

post-7739-0-65459800-1465937500.jpg

post-7739-0-74012300-1465937502.jpg

post-7739-0-27610900-1465937503.jpg

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Werkrobotwerk
      I mentioned this in randomness. I've been building an urbanmech style grot bot as a present for a friend's birthday. 

Since I won't be the one painting it, this is as done as my part gets. 

This was the bot last night. The big gun is a Tau weapon, the legs are from an ambot, the other arm is a mix of random bits, and the body is a stack of bases and part of a TV mount. 

Then this morning I added the Ork details. 

A bunch of horns, a face, some more bits, and a lot of those triangles orks like. 
      And a back shot. You can see the exposed fuel tanks.

And a detail shot of the gun. Which I would like to point out has three different ammo feeds, none of which are correct for the weapon type. 

• By Standifer
      So I finally fell into the temptation and got my first ground based sci fi minis!(I do have spaceships.) 
      A Cataphract, conquerer , and a halberd by Reaper minis came in with my horsman today! Sadly the halberd is missing a piece so it may in end up being returned. 
      So my first order of business was a small conversion to the cataphract
      Before conversion

And the conquerer has donated the necessary parts for said conversion, specifically his smaller missile pods.

A bit of work with an exacto knife removed said weapons.

And a bit more exacto work to make a spot for the pods on the Cataphract.

Some super glue to assemble the cataphract and voila! It is time for paint!

And don’t worry about the Conquerer, I have a conversion in mind for it too. It just might not be a true mech when I’m done.......

More sci-fi stuff to come soon I hope!
      And maybe just maybe I’ll try to make a backstory for these guys.
      Thankyou for looking! 

• By WhiteWulfe
      Witty title not found.  Honestly couldn't think of one, not even a unit name.  I blame cramped up from assembly paws.  Didn't want to go with "rides again" or something, that feels too silly... or something 

A while back another forum member here sent me what I've playfully called a "welcome back to the hobby" package which had a number of things in it, but specific to this thread would be five mechs - A Masakari Prime (aka Warhawk), Black Hawk Prime (aka Nova), Ryoken Prime (aka Stormcrow), Uller Prime (aka Kit fox), and Puma Prime (aka Adder).  Now that I have an extra 3' of hobbying space that I'm hoping will be reserved as a "build-out" area, I figured it was best to get that particular use started out.

But first, a soft lil "farewell, but this is not goodbye" set of pics to the previous use of the space - a hobby I was involved heavily in for over five years, and will return to at some point, but for the time being it just wasn't providing much in the way of joy.  Skip the spoiler if not interested 

Okay, now what we're all really here for, the minis.

^As previously mentioned, I have enough to make an initial star of mechs.  For those that don't know BattleTech, a star is what the clans use for their unit sizing.  In this case, it's five mechs.

^First three, assembled!

^Ryoken/Stormcrow

^Blackhawk/Nova

Uller/Kit Fox

The other two will see assembly once my paws stop feeling so cramped up from holding tiny, tiny pieces and cleaning many mold lines...  In short, things begin.  Oh, and odds are I'll be going with Alpha Keshik for the paintjob.  Sure, it's the "traditional" colour for them, and it's also hot rodder's delight, but eh.  Such is life :P
    • By Shadespyre
      Two more members of my hill giant tribe, obviously the one on the left is the original. The one on the right has a totally seamless hair piece (!) and obviously a modified club based on one stolen from another giant. He also has a slightly more upright stance which required an extension of his furs and was probably more trouble than the effect is worth, to be honest.

• By Standifer
      This is a Cataphract mech by Reaper minis from Cav with added missile pods from a conquerer mech.
      Paints used: 
      Vallejo paints
      white surface primer
      Olive Green 
      Dark Brown
      Oily Steel,
      Gunmetal
      Testors paints,
      Gi. Red
      Flat steel
      Model Masters paints,
      Gun Metal,
      Burnt Iron
      Other colors
      Burnt Umber 
      and Black.
      Man! I didn’t realize I used that many colors on this thing!
      Enough about paint! Time for pictures!

I have enjoyed painting this up and even got to try something new. 
      Thankyou for looking and feel free to offer constructive critiques!
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)