Chainmail miniatures

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit:  Hmm. I questioned my memory after posting and went and pulled out my Centaur.  He was several pieces but mine fit together so well that I had forgotten that he was not one piece.

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 2

I picked up some of these once the Chainmail game went belly up.  Most of the humanoid figures were quite good but I remember throwing the Centaur away in frustration after failing multiple times to assemble it.  The pieces just did not fit properly and it was, iirc, a 7 or 8 part mini that could have been done in 2 parts.

Thanks for that info.  I have a few of them and have yet to unbox them.

I'm not sure what centaur you are talking about as mine was a single piece model.  Despite being cast in one plane it is a decent sculpt.  This is not my copy, but same figure:

CM88357.jpg

That is the one I got multiple copies of.

• Like 5

They're decent minis. I got several, but since the last version of the game I played was in 1979, it was just monsters I wanted. Still wish someone would make certain iconic RPG monsters regularly available; Reaper's done good with orcs, goblins, eye creatures, armadillo monsters, and owlbears, but a good Burnt Sienna Hulk would be a fine thing to keep in production...

• Like 5

Edit:  Hmm. I questioned my memory after posting and went and pulled out my Centaur.  He was several pieces but mine fit together so well that I had forgotten that he was not one piece.

Mine must have been a miscast as the body didn't even line up properly and the arm with the bow was so thin it bent under the 'weight' of the bow :(

(just trying to dredge up the memory of what was so off about it as i have never actually given up on assembly - painting sure, I screw that up all the time but I can usually put the things together OK!)

Edited by Hellcow
  • Like 2

Well I'm intrigued. Just have to wait a week or two now for them to arrive from the colonies. I was surprised how cheap they're going for on eBay

On ebay Canada they are pretty darn expensive.  They are 'rare' and 'collectible' north of the border apparently...

• Like 1

I have 2 of the Centaurs, both still in pieces. Worse, one was miscast where the molds for the legs did not fully fill...

I have A BUNCH of Chainmail figures, as well as a number of the previous D&D line of figures. Most were pretty nice, some were duds. I think this is the only line I ever encountered that had female ogres in it (or at least I can recall...)

Damon.

• Like 1