• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work!

I like your red/blue color scheme, especially using the boldest colors to focus our attention around his face.

I hope your players enjoyed meeting this fellow (and not an owlbear)!

And I agree, don't seal the flocking.

Derek

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By annexation
      Love me a good Bobby Jackson sculpt and here's two that I finally got around to painting. Darkest Dungeon was the inspiration, and I don't have too many models painted up in green so they were a nice learning experience. I even tried mixing in some green into the NMM which I've never done before and I was ecstatic with how it turned out!

• By Rigel
      Clearing out some old photos from a Beastfolk shoot. Do birds count as Beasts? It depends if you mean Animals, or Mammals; the connotations vary.
      But what doesn't vary is that these little crowfellas are hella rad!

Look at those beady eyes, corvid beaks, samurai armor! I tried to give the rogue's feathers a blue-green shimmer and the fighter a purple sheen using drybrushed metallics. They're very detailed sculpts but still painter-friendly.

A bit shorter than the average Reaper human but a bit taller than the average Reaper dwarf; seen here with O-Sayumi (60191). 

Hope you enjoy; I sure did!
    • By Rob Dean
      I’m away from home (again) with my travel paint kit.  I was experimenting a couple of months back with a Zorn palette of 4 paints.

A rogue seemed like the sort of person who might want to be somewhat subdued in color, so I decided that this Ral Partha rogue from The Adventurers range (set 98-013 Female Adventurers) would be a good figure to paint with the Zorn colors to stay in practice.

It wouldn’t hurt to actually read/watch some theory on NMM, but there’s not too much metal on her besides the dagger, so it should pass on the tabletop.  

She is part of an effort to ensure a reasonable selection of PCs for my planned OD&D ampaign revival.

• By jwitham75
      Black jack painted up as a spellcasting rogue, hence the osl effect on the outstretched hand.
      Painted 90% with oils. Much easier to learn with them when it is essentially monochrome and you can just focus on light and shadow.

• By 72moonglum
      Hello to all the Reaper ladies and gents out there!

So I've finally gotten around to painting my first Bones USA miniature, Fillyjonk the Hellborn Rogue, and I must say it was quite a pleasurable experience.  Lots of good detail, eyes and nose were very discernible, life was pretty good.  The only issues I had were with getting rid of the mold lines, plastic flash reacts quite a bit different than metal flash and as I tried to get rid of the plastic flash, it would not completely separate itself from the mini, but kind of left a little string of plastic. But that's not such a big deal I guess ultimately.

So here she is, first Hellborn figure I've painted as well, so a double debut of all things Reaper:

Oops, think the closeup was a little large, but I'm too lazy to go shrink it down.

Anyhoos, hope you all enjoy! I'm definitely a supporter of this Bones USA material, it was very nice! I wonder how much the oncoming Bones VI is going to be Bones Black, I'm hoping for most or all of it.  I've done some Bones Black figures and the detail was decent, but this is quite a lot sharper.