Jump to content

77397: Logrim Battlefury, Dwarf Paladin [converted with axe]


Jessie
 Share

Recommended Posts

I really liked this dwarf ever since I saw him in the Kickstarter art. Only problem was, why was he wielding a sword? Dwarves should use axes and hammers obviously. So I decided to do a conversion on him. Past that I decided he might be a good candidate for some of the scibor basing bits I had wanted to use. I selected a good face for part of a fallen statue and then wanted to sculpt a column to the other side of it. The part I sculpted didn't turn out as nice as I wanted, but I think it gets the effect across. Anyways, hope you enjoy, comments and criticism always welcome!

 

post-13639-0-10863400-1465844441.jpg

 

post-13639-0-61481000-1465844441.jpg

 

post-13639-0-13290000-1465844442.jpg

 

post-13639-0-53806000-1465844440.jpg

  • Like 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. He looks like he needs an axe or maybe a maul to be properly dwarfy. Nice job! Looks awesome. Where is the axe from?

 

Axe is/was from the boneyard. I'm not sure now which one it is since I can't look it up, it came with the hand already on it. There was a 2nd hand on the bottom that I chipped off to match the fact that this figure isn't actually grabbing it with his other hand.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By planetmut
      Painted this guy in an aquatic theme.
       

       

       

    • By Inarah
      One of Bob Ridolfi's sweet little undead monsters from earlier this summer.  I tried some grey skin tones to give her a "definitely not human" look, with the contrasting pale yellow funeral dress.  It's all right, and there's nothing you need to be concerned about here....
       

       
    • By solomon_kane
      Or, as I like to call him, Smaul Hollywood. 
       
       

    • By Pancakeonions
      Got my Reaper Bones V goodies a bit ago, and slapped some paints onto the Pumkinhead beholder.  I used Citadel Wraithbone primer, contrast paints, and Army Painter Matte varnish and...  months later it remains slightly tacky.  It's not...  awful.  But it's enough that if I put it away in a box with other minis, I'm afraid it won't mix well.  I've left it out in the sun for a day, thinking that might 'bake' the stickiness out of it...  It did not.  
       
      I got Reaper Bones because I figured I could paint, varnish and throw into a box with all my prepainted minis.  Some of my older bones remain slightly tacky too.  But I figured that with this new round of Reaper Bones, they would have got that figured out.  I've painted up the undead giant, but not yet varnished him and I'm afraid to!
       
      I've read the various Reaper Bones help threads, many of which are very old (and one sent me to Facebook, though it looks like it's no longer available.  I don't do social media anymore, so not sure?). 
       
      Does anyone have any advice to help a guy out?  I'm pretty sure I shook my rattlecan varnish adequately.  I do live in western San Francisco and wonder if the humidity (fog, it's often cool and misty regardless of the season) may affect this.  I try to wait until the weather is clear.
       
      What are you doing to keep your Bones stickiness-free?  Any advice you might have would be helpful.
       
      Update 3 Nov 21: over time the tackiness was getting worse; I could no longer pick up the model for fear of leaving a nasty finger print...  (In particular, the elements that had GW's "Nurgles Rot" technical paint for some reason reacted really badly, and were quite gooey!)  But I finally got a pot of Testors brush on Dullcoat/varnish and it worked like a charm.  The figure is no longer tacky.  If that changes, I'll come back to update again!  🙂
    • By KevvyR
      Hi all, just thought I'd share a couple images of my first Reaper mini painted up. It definitely seemed strange not priming something before getting started (typically print my own lately in resin, so have to prime those), but I wanted to try one of the Reaper products.
       
      I am by no means a pro, but each mini seems to get a bit better - constructive criticism welcome - I know I need to get a better photo setup sometime - maybe when the basement reno is done 🙂
       
      Next up is Boerogg Blackrime the Frost Giant...I love doing monsters so they're on-hand when needed for our D&D campaigns 🙂
       
       

      20211031_141414.mp4
×
×
  • Create New...