Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

Attack of the Insect Woman! (warning nudity)

The sculpt itself is strange and disturbing and not my cup of tea.

But you painted her very well. That base is very well done too.

I like the purples

• Like 2

The sculpt itself is strange and disturbing and not my cup of tea.

But you painted her very well. That base is very well done too.

I like the purples

Thanks!

Yep, she's pretty freaky, but I like freaky.

• Like 1

Oh my! She is both gorgeous and disturbing!
The softness of her facial expression is in total contraddiction with the rest of her body and what she is doing to the fairies.

Awesome paint job! I really like this piece... in a weird - uneasy kind of way....

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nameless
      My first mini painted in 2017. Actually, it's another long time WIP of mine, I'm happy to see it finished.   The snakeman is from Mierce Miniatures and it surely has a weird name, Sss'ths'pfff or something like that (seriously though, it's Vilthiss, Champion of Khthon). Yes, I know it has no proper base, but that's beacause it will be (hopefully) part of a bigger project under the working title of Beastmen of Dark Forest.     ​Oh, if the forum made the pic too small, try my FB page (link in the signature), like and share ;)    
    • By Glitterwolf
      Tuma Windrider from Legendarion.

Another joy to paint with much detail.

For those interested my WIP:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/62313-xherman1964-paints-tuma-windrider-legendarion-bust/

Hope you like him.
      Personally I was more satisfied with my job on the Hyena then on this one, but he was fun.

• By Glitterwolf
      Hi,
      I think there must be a thread somewhere about this, but I can't find it.

Occassionaly I paint busts and large scale figures.
      Until now they were mostly beastmen, undead and such, just one ( it was my first) human and she had warpaint covering her eyes.

I have seen some stuff about painting human faces on this scale, dividing the face in a yellow, a red and a green/grey zone.
      Could anyone explain this some more?
      Do you basecoat the face in 3 different colours and then glaze over it with skincolours?
      What is the right approach?

And if it is a large scale figure with bare arms and legs, do these zones need to be applied on the limbs too?
      And how?

I would really want to learn more about this since I have some more busts waiting ( among others, A French Imperial Guard,A Centurion, A Crusader, A Pirate Girl, A Beserker, A Viking Girl, A Hoplite and A Celt)

I would like to be able to paint more realistic faces with shadows, stubble, and such.
      Preferable using Reaper and Scale 75 paints. If possible give me a hint which colours to use in what stage?

I would appreciate a nice tutorial or examples, if possible mentioning paint colours/brands..

Thanks in advance.

• By aku-chan
      Another project I'm going to slowly nibble away at, when I'm in the mood.

Due to her bare boobies, most of the piccys on this one will have to be linked off-site, but it should still make for an interesting WIP.

http://imgur.com/ngQTQQN

So far she's been assembled and I'm waiting for a bit of green stuff work to dry.
      Super impressed by the casting, virtually no moldlines, only one bubble and most pieces fitting together seamlessly (there were minor gaps on her human arms), it's my new benchmark for what a good resin mini should be like.

Next job will be to get her primed and then start on her skin (without using my Fleshshade Wash, the horror!).
    • By alchemist
      As I threatened last week, here is another batch of old enamel paintjobs from around 15-25 years ago.

Troll

Firbolg

Mind Flayers

Gnolls

Owlbear

Basilisk

Xorn

Finally, some fairies linked here in case anyone has a problem with a teeny-tiny glimpse of fairy flesh.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)