Glitterwolf

Lost World Project Glitterwolf Paints Coldblooded Creatures and Conquistadores

50 minutes ago, Corsair said:

He turned out nice!

Thanks!

Are you all safe there?

I read something about Texas having trouble with floods?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, vegascat said:

He really does look quite wonderful, very much the champion!

Thanks!

I would hate to be his opponent!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Thanks!

Are you all safe there?

I read something about Texas having trouble with floods?

Several hundred ,iles from us thankfully. @malefactus may be down that way.

• Like 3

Now that we have another finished recruit it's time to see what everybody's up to in the Jungle.

Reunion!

Fillippa and Mitla were patrolling in the mountains, they were just talking how they missed their friends when suddenly Mon-Ark let out a roar.

They followed his gaze and saw the dots in the sky.

The Dragons! Mitla cried out in excitement, they're back!

Fillippa smiled, the shapes were getting clearer, it was them! I hope they found the Orb, he said.

It didn't take long before the dragons landed, happy to see their friends again Mitla hugged Alsnia.

You're all safe!

Alsnia smiled and showed them the Orb, and we have this!

And we have him to thank for it, she said, pointing at Cpt. Aguilera.

Fillippa shook the vampire's cold hand, let's go inside and meet the others, then you can tell us all about it!

Once inside they headed to the main hall where Xolotl and Apo-Mayta welcomed them back.

This is very fortunate, Xolotl said when he saw that they brought back the Orb of Tanith.

Let's sit down and eat and drink! Then we will discuss our next course of action.

Visions and Dreams

In the Citadel the Frogking let out a cry of anger, he had just seen the death of Archelon in his vision.

One of his favorite pets had been killed by those upstarts paleskins! At least he had destroyed many of them and the last surviving ship seemed to be sailing away from his lands now.

He reached out with his mind and put a mental image inside the minds of his trusted Assassin and the Transmuthor.

At the beach Sssllthr turned to the Transmuthor, time to go home my friend, he said, taking a last look at the disappearing ship.

It seems the paleskins have had enough, they are fleeing, he said.

The Transmuthor nodded, let's return to the Citadel, it's a victory after all!

Aboard the Barracuda the men worked hard to repair the damage caused by the monstrous turtle, Cpt. Rodrigo Gonzales stood at the bow and looked at the sea before him.

He clenched his fists around the railing, all that gold for the taking, and those fools had ruined it all!

His dream was shattered!

If only that stupid Colonel hadn't taken command of his expedition! 

He should have been in command, it was his idea all along! Gonzales turned his head and looked at the jungle behind him.

I will return! He vowed to himself.

No matter what it takes, but I will claim that gold!

All I need is more men, more weapons and this time I will be in charge! 

A New Hope

Colonel Alvarez felt great, the barren land had somehow turned into a wonderful green landscape with pools of crystal clear water.

Fruit grew on the trees and his men had indulged themselves, they we're able to hunt again and the smell of roasted meat filled his nostrils.

He was convinced that their fortune had changed, the Lord was with them, he thought.

Inquisitor Escolano led the men into prayer, and Alvarez joined them.

After that he took the opportunity to talk to the men.

MEN! We're saved! Our good Lord has saved us from our enemies and from starvation!

Our situation is no longer hopeless!

Now, to get out of here, we don't know if there is a ship left to take us home.

The men fell silent.

I know that does sound bad, but I've been thinking!

Not so long ago we had an alliance with the Rebels. Things went sour and we ended up on our own.

Their leader is one of us, a Conquistadore like us!

We need to find them again and join them!

That way we will have a chance of defeating the enemy and then we will be able to build a ship and sail home, and...he paused for a moment...with gold!

The men cheered.

HURRAY FOR THE COLONEL!!!!

Predicament

Rosetta watched how Bonita and Neith seemed to get along better with each day.

She walked to the Captain's cabin, James sat in his chair, his feet on the Captain's table, drinking rum.

JAMES!

Hello love, James replied with a  blush on his face.

YOU'RE DRUNK! Rosetta yelled.

So? James said, taking another gulp. What else can we do here than drink?

The ship is beached, we're clearly being held prisoner and we have nowhere to go.

Hmmm, he said looking at Rosetta, maybe I can think of something else we can do, he said reaching out to her.

Don't even think about it!  Rosetta said.

If those two get too friendly they will soon wonder why they keep us around.

What do you think they will do to us? Bonita still wants her revenge, we need to think of something.

James? What do you think? JAMES?

Loud snorring was her answer, she almost burst out in tears when she realised he had fallen asleep, stupid rum!

Alone

Cerdo had climbed into a tree, just in time, he looked down at the predator passing by, a large bipedal beast with huge claws.

He had been lucky to spot it from a distance and he had made his escape into the tree.

Plucking a piece of fruit from the tree he tried to relax a little, calm down man, he said to himself.

You escaped death before, there's still hope!

The beast disappeared into the jungle, Cerdo decided to wait a little longer till it was certain the monster was far away.

He looked around, from this point he could see the jungle from above.

There was smoke in the distance, a fire? or maybe even a dwelling?

He tried to remember where he came from, could that be the Citadel itself?

In what direction should he go?

Alone, he wouldn't survive for long in this godforsaken place, he needed to find people, but he knew he had to stay clear of the reptilians.

Where to go?

He took another bite of the fruit, it was sweet and juicy, nothing like he had tasted before, this would sell well on a Hispanian market he thought.

Thinking about Hispania made him sad, would he ever see his homeland again?

He threw away the last piece of fruit.

Think! You fool! He said to himself.

You need to find allies!

Bon Voyage

Andres Segova enjoyed the journey, by now he had developed proper sealegs and the movement of the Santa Isabella no longer bothered him.

Looking at the Dolphins swimming alongside the ship, jumping out of the water every now and then filled him with joy.

He and Hidalgo had become good friends with the Admiral as well.

Amaro Pargo was actually quite friendly despite his appearance, Andres figured he had to act a certain way to keep the men in line, but when they were together enjoying a glass of wine, the Admiral turned out to be good company and a great storyteller.

He thought about Esmeralda, Hidalgo's sister who he had left behind, he would propose to her when they returned to Hispania.

Thinking about the unknown lands they would visit excited him, who knows what he would find there.

Hidalgo and the Admiral would claim the land for Her Majesty, but he would seek out new species and make a name for himself!

The skull he had studied still baffled him, such a enormous creature, and that Captain who gave it to the Vizconde had told them he had killed that creature!

What else would live in that unknown jungle?

His thoughts were interrupted when Hidalgo tapped him on the shoulder, Come on my friend, the Admiral wants to have a drink with us!

Nobody noticed the tiny dots on the horizon behind them.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7

Thanks to the Kensei Katai Army Kickstarter I was able to get some more stuff through their PM on a discount.

Conquistadores:

DSCN1829.JPG

DSCN1830.JPG

DSCN1824.JPG

• Like 6

The pistoleers are SPLENDID looking Fellows, all set for a caracole or two. Enjoy the painting & basing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's been a while and I still can't paint much right now, no time.

So instead we will continue the story.

Entrepeneur.

The HMS Barracuda laid anchor close to one of the smaller islands a few miles away from the mainland.

The Captain knew they had to forage for food and water before setting sail, a landing party had left the ship and would seek fruits, hunt for game and collect fresh water.

Other men were making repairs and a few more had taken a small boat and went fishing.

Captain Rodrigo Gonzales looked around, he consulted his friend and First Mate, Toni.

What do you think Toni? Did we give up too soon?

No Captain, you made the right decision, Toni replied, we are outnumbered, the ship is powerful but it won't do us no good in the Jungle.

Besides, we really need more men, we can barely man the ship as it is.

Gonzales nodded, Aye, more men!

Where will we find those? If we set sail to the Old World we might lose some men due to diseases and accidents, this is almost always the case.

He stroked his beard, maybe, just maybe.

Captain? Toni asked.

Well, Rodrigo said, there are a lot of natives here, right?

Suppose we could convince some of them to join us?

Toni shook his head, I doubt they would be interested in gold, the stuff pours out of the mountains here.

Why would they risk their lives as pirates for that, and I think they don't even understand the value of it.

Gonzales turned to Toni, a gleam in his eyes.

My friend, you're brilliant!

Captain?

We will not sail to the Old World, we're going to get that gold!

Toni looked shocked, not again Captain! We can't conquer that Citadel by ourselves, he protested.

Of course we can't! Gonzales yelled, but we don't have to!

SEE? You said it yourselves, that gold pours out of the mountains!

We have handled this the wrong way from the start!

Why wage war if we can get that gold without any effort?

Toni muttered, no effort? Mining is hard work!

Well who said we would have to do the mining ourselves? Gonzales said.

He laid his arm around Toni's shoulder, as soon as we're done here, we will sail along the coast and find a nice fishing village, I'm pretty sure we can raid that, maybe take some hostages and I'll bet the local population will be happy to mine a little gold for us in return for the wellbeing of their loved ones don't you agree?

We will stay safely on the ship, our cannons can handle everything that comes our way.

Now let's inform the men of the good news!

We're going to get rich after all!!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

You greedy barstards!! 

Great story as always.. Looking forward for more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LarsM said:

You greedy barstards!! 

Great story as always.. Looking forward for more. 

Happy you like it!

There will be more, both stories and minis!

Soon..

• Like 1