Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Lost World Project Glitterwolf Paints Coldblooded Creatures and Conquistadores

More story ( Hobby Room is almost ready for painting and printing just a few more days, hopefully I can hobby again next week).

I named the ship before the crisis, how odd..

Close Call

Bosun Suero and Miguel the Deckhand walked to the Captain's Cabin, the Captain of the Santa Corona was a reasonable man albeit a bit stern at times.

Suero knocked on his door, ENTER! he heard the Captain say.

The Captain was standing over his table looking at the charts.

Ah! Bosun what is it?

Sir! Miguel here spotted something suspicious, we think we're being followed by ships.

Captain Marcello looked up from his charts, ships?

Aye Sir! Tell him Miguel!

Miguel described what he had seen, the Bosun added his thoughts and they waited for the Captain's reaction.

I want to see that for myself, he said, come on!

Together they walked to the stern of the ship.

Captain Marcello took his spyglass and watched the Sea.

At first he saw nothing strange, but he knew the Bosun was a reliable man, he wouldn't bother him for nothing.

Then he noticed it, a few small black dots on the horizon.

He nodded, you're right, we're being followed.

What shall we do Captain? Suero asked.

We will signal the Santa Isabella, the Admiral will decide how to deal with this.

I can see a few dots, so there are at least three ships out there, maybe more.

We have no idea who they are and what they want.

Could be the British or the French, pirates or maybe even merchants.

Now! No time to lose, signal the Admiral.

Bloody Bess shook her head, something was not right she could feel it.

Just a minute ago she had spotted another glint.

The Spaniards are looking at us, she thought, 

She turned around to give orders, we need to slow down!

Her First Mate agreed, maybe if we slow down we create more distance, that way they won't see us anymore.

Will it be enough to convince them to leave us be? She asked.

Bess shrugged, I don't know.

We should be prepared for anything.

Aboard the Santa Isabella the signals were noticed, the Admiral was warned.

Confident that the Spanish fleet was stronger than anything following them he decided to stay on course.

Just signal the ships at the rear to have their guns ready, should anything come to close we will deal with it, he responded.

Hidalgo asked if there was a problem, Admiral Pargo smiled, laying a hand on his friend's shoulder, rest assured, we can outgun everything.

I'm not sure who's is following us, we will keep an eye out, our guns ready, if anyone wants to attack our fleet they will be sorry.

But it might as well be someone who wants to know where we're going.

If that's the case we will deal with them when we've reached our destination.

Don't worry my friend.

Bess had her fleet slow down, so far no response from the Spaniards, no ships headed her way.

She let out a sigh from relief.

From now on we need to stay further behind, she instructed her officers.

The moment we see the land they're looking for we will need to change course so we can make our landing on a different spot, away from them.

Let's hope they won't confront us before then.

Hunting Paleskins

Sssllthr was excited, finally he could show his talents again!

Playing an Officer was nice, but he wasn't a Royal Assassin for naught.

He hid in the bushes while letting the paleskins pass him by.

Colonel Alvarez and his men didn't notice him at all.

He heard them talk, they seemed to be excited, after years of listening to slaves, Sssllthr had learned enough of their language to understand them.

They were looking for the same thing as he was.

He decided to follow them, those fools might lead him to the rebel headquarters!

Maybe they would march a little faster if they were scared a bit, he thought.

And with that in mind he choose a target.

The men were in a cheerful mood.

After all their hardship there was finally a spark of hope, they would search for the rebels, join them and that way they would be safe again.

Maybe they would even find a way to return to Hispania after all.

Father Escolano was in a good mood as well, the Lord was with them!

He turned to Colonel Alvarez to speak to him when they were interrupted by a scream.

They turned around, one of the men at the rear of the group laid dead on the ground, his face in the mud.

The men drew their weapons and looked around for the enemy.

Alvarez, pistols drawn, approached the body, poor Luigi! He pulled a small silver throwing dagger from Luigi's back.

A small snake decorated the handle.

Reptiles! He grumbled.

We need to be careful men! We're being followed, we must make haste!

From now on everybody keeps an eye on each other and keep your weapons at the ready!

We will march at double speed!

Sssllthr smiled, exactly the reaction he had hoped for.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7

Right! After a little setback I have sorted stuff out, bought a 3D printer ( Resin Elegoo Mars) and I have pledged (again) for the Lost Kingdoms STL Kickstarter.

This guy pulled me in again!

Now I have part of a song from 10cc in my head ( I like it, I want it, i'll take it from your hands...::P:)

image.png.2af05fc187d371f13752a3a73157a69d.png

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Standifer said:

Lizard riding a bigger lizard!

I’ll be interested in how the resin printer works for you.

I opened a thread, just printed my first mini, that one was a succes.

Now trying another one, I will know in over 3 hours..

• Like 4

Printed a statue.

It's from the Lost Kingdoms Printable Files KS, this was a freebie.

Cuetzpal Empire-Statue.

After I took this pic I noticed some remnants of supports which I removed.

This one was hollowed out before printing because it is actually meant for FDM printing, but it worked like a charm on my resin printer.

Just had to lay it on it's back to reduce print time.

20200427_151815.jpg

20200427_151823.jpg

20200427_151837.jpg

• Like 9

Also printed this lovely Amazone girl from Artisan Guild.

I think she might make an appearance soon.

20200428_211855.jpg

20200428_211958.jpg

20200428_212038.jpg

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Standifer said:

At your current rate of 3D printing your going to have a lot of minis to paint!

Yeah, it's not that I don't have a backlog of hundreds 20 minis already.

Luckily I didn't do anything foolish like becoming a Patreon for Artisan Guild so I get files for a whole warband every month...oh wait....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Standifer said:

Sounds like your in trouble now.

4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

These 3D Print kickstarters are going to be very dangerous for you. :ph34r:

No, no, no...

No danger at all.

So...I..ehhh... went to Myminifactory since I got discount on Artisan Guild stuff for being a Patreon now..

And I bought some STL files for both this project and the shifting Sands Project..

The printer has work to do.

Especially since this month's tier is Oni so those are for my Nippon project.

For here:

( The Tarrasque will make a cool Living Lizard God model, I also have Khanjira, but since Bones white tends to bend after a while...dunno, maybe replace him or paint both)

image.png.7faf086a44aa9ebf008d8d8cc61fcd03.png

image.png.9b1c84e177d6796dd6d6b8ad9c33faba.pngimage.png.b66a3788b3139e1099cfd48638636447.pngimage.png.e335972bfecc40c670995323d11a2cfb.pngimage.png.54c0f01c882210aa43d37b432976d300.pngTarasque - The Legendary Devourer image

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

No, no, no...

No danger at all.

So...I..ehhh... went to Myminifactory since I got discount on Artisan Guild stuff for being a Patreon now..

And I bought some STL files for both this project and the shifting Sands Project..

The printer has work to do.

Especially since this month's tier is Oni so those are for my Nippon project.

For here:

( The Tarrasque will make a cool Living Lizard God model, I also have Khanjira, but since Bones white tends to bend after a while...dunno, maybe replace him or paint both)

image.png.7faf086a44aa9ebf008d8d8cc61fcd03.png

image.png.9b1c84e177d6796dd6d6b8ad9c33faba.pngimage.png.b66a3788b3139e1099cfd48638636447.pngimage.png.e335972bfecc40c670995323d11a2cfb.pngimage.png.54c0f01c882210aa43d37b432976d300.pngTarasque - The Legendary Devourer image

My friend just bought the tarrasque, and I have to say that it's rather impressive. The detail on it is top-notch.

• Like 3

Storytime 

Calm before the Storm.

The Frogking was in a trance, contemplating the recent events, so much had happened that he felt like he was missing something, even his magical vision didn't see all.

Something in his Empire was not right, but what?

The arrival of a large army of Paleskins had been a bit of a surprise, usually there would be a single ship that accidently found their way to his lands, those were dealt with quickly, providing slaves and food.

This large fleet was unusual, but it didn't matter that much, his troops had defeated them and all in all that had been dealt with.

The few survivors would surely perish in the jungle.

Then there was the case of those upstart rebels, it bothered him that he couldn't figure out where their hideout was, something obstructed his magical gaze, but he had sent Sssllthr his Royal Assassin to find the rebels, with a crude idea of which direction the barrier to his gaze must be, he was certain Sssllthr would not fail him, he never had.

Soon those rebels would be history and the Empire would be at peace again, although it had been a disappointment that Mayor Uzcapalli of the Turtle Tribe had turned out to be a traitor, Sssllthr had dealt with him, but how many other Kings and Lords were not to be trusted in his Realm?

Some of the human natives had heard the rumours about the rebels, some might get ideas, and maybe the Serpent Lord was getting a bit too ambitious?

The Frogking knew his Lizardmen and Frogmen were utterly loyal, but there were many races and people in his Empire, all joined in their faith in the Living Lizard God.

He realised the Empire needed a show of power, after all he was the High Priest of the Religion, if things went well then Sssllthr would also be able to find the Orb of Tanith.

The rebels got hold of that somehow, if he could get that Orb then he would be able to summon the Living Lizard God himself.

That would show the Empire who was in charge, it would restore faith in anyone who got doubts, and the manifestation of the Living Lizard God would surely wipe out all opposition for once and for all.

This brought a smile to his face.

Yes if he was able to summon the Living Lizard God, he would even be able to search for the lands where those pesky Paleskins came from, wipe them out and finally have peace forever in the Empire.

And with that pleasant thought the Frogking awakened from his trance.

He turned to a servant, bring me Cantor and the Transmuthor!

The Thrill of the Hunt.

Sssllthr enjoyed himself while he tracked the small group of humans, he had instilled fear in them by killing one of them and now they were in a hurry to lead him to the rebel's camp.

They had no idea that he was right behind them.

Should he take one more out?

After all he only needed one or two of them to reach the rebels, hmmm, that leader and the religious looking guy needed to stay alive, those were the ones who seemed to know the way.

Another death would scare them even more and maybe they would run to their friends faster, he smiled at the thought.

Let's see which one could be missed?

Colonel! Could we please stop for a moment?

Annoyed Alvarez turned around to see who made the request, Diego, a corpulent older Corporal.

He slowed down a little, what is the matter Diego? We need to make haste, we have to find shelter with the rebels, the enemy is near, we already lost a man.

I know, Diego replied, it's just that I...well I...I need to take a bathroom stop Colonel, I'm so sorry!

Alvarez sighed, oh for God's sake! make it quick will you?

Alright Men! HALT! Anyone else need to water the plants or something?

Go in pairs and guard each other!

Salvatore went with Diego, the others stayed with the Colonel and the Inquisitor, the last one led them into a prayer.

If we're going to take a little rest stop we might as well praise the Lord, he said. We need his help to get through this!

And so while the others were praying, Salvatore and Diego wandered into the vegetation.

Right, Diego said, give me some privacy please? 

The Colonel said we should guard each other, Salvatore said.

Yes, but I ehh can't go, if you're watching, Diego said, I need to take a big one see?

Salvatore looked around, yeah, I don't want to be near you when you're doing that!

I'll take a few steps back and watch the jungle, it looks safe enough here.

Just be quick okay?

Diego nodded, thank you! I will be in those bushes over there!

Sssllthr couldn't believe his eyes, were those Paleskins that stupid?

Two of them had left the group and now one of them even turned his back to his friend.

Hmmm, which one to choose?

A shame he would need to make a quick kill, he would love to take his time with one of them for a change.

Wait what is that fat paleskin doing? Repulsive! Seeing how Diego went to do his business, Sssllthr made his decision.

A few minutes later Diego emerged from the bushes again.

He walked to his friend, Salvatore! Your turn my friend, I'm done.

His friend just stood there his back turned to Diego.

Didn't you hear me? Diego asked.

He walked to his friend and laid a hand on his shoulder, Hey Salvatore!

The moment he touched his friend's shoulder Salvatore fell on his face.

Diego bend over to see what happened and realised his friend was dead.

A green foam had formed on his lips, a small dart in his neck.

As fast as he could Diego ran to the group, ALARM!!!! Salvatore has been killed! 

Alvarez was furious, I told you to watch out for each other!

It was just a minute, Diego cried, he didn't even make a sound, he just stood there, dead!

We must go on immediately before we all get killed, the Colonel said.

And Salvatore's body? Escolano asked, we need to perform the rites, give him a proper burial?

If we do that we might as well dig our own graves while we're at it, the Colonel answered.

We go NOW! No more stops, I've had enough of this! MARCH!!!

Sssllthr smiled, the fast working poison had done it's job.

Now let's find the rebels!!!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8