Scale 75 Sol Yellow

20200510_221341.jpg

20200510_221351.jpg

20200510_221403.jpg

20200510_221556.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 11

Red and Yellow / Kill a Fellow.

Great work on the snake, and that lady is a fine sculpt. Look forward to seeing more!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Printed this lovely lady and her mount and also as a dismounted version.

She's one of the minis that made me want to buy a 3D printer.

20200514_194936.jpg

20200514_194959.jpg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Really like the pattern you have going on on that snake.

Thanks, I often try to paint snakes like real ones.

Nature is the best painter.

• Like 1

Used Reaper Weathered Stone to give a new basecoat to mouth/teeth and eyes so it will be easier to paint those in lighter colours later.

Also did this with the Amazone's skin,

Bases:

Reaper Muddy Olive

Reaper Olive Green

Reaper Pale Olive

Reaper Olive Shadow

More greens for the Salamander

20200516_173557.jpg

20200516_173637.jpg

20200516_173700.jpg

20200516_173723.jpg

20200516_173654.jpg

20200516_173308.jpg

20200516_173322.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10

Scale 75 Elven Gold

Decay Black

Reaper Burgundy Wine

Clotted Red

Dark Skin Highlight

20200525_163636.jpg

20200525_163645.jpg

20200525_163652.jpg

20200525_163716.jpg

• Like 11

Storytime.

Safe, or...?

Colonel Alvarez marched his men through the jungle.

He felt terrible, a handful of men, all that's left of a mighty army he thought.

They've lost almost everything even the ships to take them home.

Their only hope was to reunite with the Rebels, maybe then there would be a chance to find a way to return home.

At least they would be safe for a while!

Suddenly Diego shouted, LOOK! While pointing to the sky.

Alvarez looked up, a dragon! We're close! The Rebels had dragons!

Escolano prayed while seeing the monstrous creature.

Sir? Are you certain that Dragon is friendly? Diego asked the Colonel.

Alvarez nodded, as far as I know those are the only dragons in existence.

Move on! We're close!

Ignis the dragon had already seen the small group heading to the ruins.

He roared to warn his brothers.

Draghor was alerted by it and he gathered a few of his dragonmen to welcome the intruders.

And so, when the group of conquistadores arrived at the ruins they were met by spears pointed at them.

Diego fell to his knees, don't kill us! We're friends!

Alvarez walked past him, get up you coward! He marched to Draghor and saluted.

You remember us? We fought side by side against the Reptilians, our amry was defeated, this is all that's left, we seek refuge.

Draghor looked at the human before him, I do remember, I also remember your people betrayed us and left us on our own.

The battle was lost because of you and we lost many friends that day!

Why should we help you?

Alvarez nodded, I understand your reaction, but we're still on the same side.

Every man counts, can we speak to Sgt. Fillippa? 

At that moment Xolotl arrived, what do we have here?

Draghor explained the situation.

Xolotl turned to Alvarez, Firebeard is not here at the moment.

You better come inside so we can talk, you're sure you weren't followed here? Xolotl asked.

We're not sure, Alvarez replied, we have lost a few men on our way here, we haven't seen the attacker though.

You fool! Draghor grumbled, you might have led the enemy right to us!

Quick! Get inside!

Sssllthr observed everything from the bushes, so, this is where they were hiding all that time!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

Some more story to bore you all with.

Discovered!

Colonel Alvarez and his men were seated around the large table in the main hall of Xolotl's chambers, here they were joined by Alsnia, Nahuatl and Draghor.

Xolotl looked worried when he spoke, You're welcome here of course as allies against the Reptilians, although your actions during the last battle speak against you.

We're not entirely certain if we can still trust you!

On top of that you might have been followed and this could mean the enemy will finally know our location!

This is a terrible situation especially since our friends are on an expedition and we're not at full strength yet.

Alvarez replied, I understand your feelings, I'm not sure if your location has been discovered, we did lose some men on the way here, we were followed for a while but we're not sure for how long.

I apologize for the events during the battle, such is War, unexpected things happen, we had no choice than to retreat at that time and we couldn't warn you in time.

As you can see this is all that's left of our army, we ask for asylum here, we will help you in any way we can and offer our swords and muskets.

One day we hope to be able to return to our country, for now you're our only hope for survival, we lay our lives in your hands!

Alsnia whispered something in Xolotl's ear.

Right! Xolotl said, I wonder if this is all that's left of your forces, where are your ships?

Alvarez looked down at the table, we where betrayed by Captain Gonzales, he took command of the ships together with the Pirate Captain James Alday and they left us on the beach.

Another ship was destroyed by a monster.

MORE BETRAYAL! Draghor bellowed. These men are not to be trusted!

First they marooned Firebeard, then they left us during the Battle, they betrayed each other stealing ships, and now they might have led the enemy to our door!

I say we finish them here and now! Why should we put our trust in them?

What good will a handful of them do?

Colonel Alvarez turned pale, Father Escolano softly started to pray, one of the men clenched his pistol, Alvarez shook his head, and the soldier let it go.

It went silent for minutes when Alsnia stood up.

We're their only hope, we should not let them down, they came to us in time of need, let them prove themselves!

We can use any men in the fight, if we kill them we would be no better than the Reptilians!

Thank you My Lady! Colonel Alvarez said.

We're willing to prove ourselves to you, let me remind you that Captain Gonzales not only betrayed us, but was also the man responsible for marooning Sgt. Fillippa who you call Firebeard!

This one man has caused more trouble than we could imagine, but he's not an example of our people!

He turned to Draghor, I hope I can convince you that we're reliable men, I understand your doubts, ask of us what you want, and we will do it to prove our worth to you.

Draghor grumbled a bit, I may have overreacted, he admitted, I still think it was foolish of you to come here like this, if the enemy has found our hideout we're in lots of trouble.

You want to prove yourself?

Help me putting up the defenses, I'm afraid we will need those very soon!

Alvarez nodded, of course!

From what I've seen in the short time here, I think a few musketmen placed in strategic positions might turn the entrance into a cul de sac.

Seeing that Draghor didn't understand the term he explained, an enemy would be hemmed in from all sides except the behind, it's basically a kill zone.

With some muskets and bows we can hold up the enemy for quite a while if we narrow down the entrance.

Draghor nodded, now that's good thinking, maybe you're useful after all.

Xolotl turned to Nahuatl, how is the breeding program going?

The Beastmaster smiled, quite well! I already have five raptors who've reached maturity and they're being trained as we speak, the strange thing is they only accept female riders.

Escolano looked shocked, Raptors? You mean you breed monsters?

Of course Nahuatl replied, we will need to fight the enemy with their own weapons, properly trained these beasts will be a great asset to us, you have no need to fear them.

Alvarez laid his hand on Escolano's shoulder, worry not Father, the Lord works in mysterious ways doesn't he? I'm certain we'll be fine here, while saying that he gave Escolano a look that made the Inquisitor understand he'd better be quiet now.

Good! Xolotl said, it's decided then!

You can stay and help Draghor, I just want to warn you! At the first sight of betrayal we will not hesitate to feed you to the Raptors!

No need for that, Alvarez said, we will prove it to you!

And with that the meeting ended.

Outside hidden in the bushes Sssllthr watched the entrance of the dungeon.

So this is where the rebels were hiding all this time, he thought, there must be some sort of magic at work here, the Frogking would have seen this in his visions otherwise.

Now how to proceed? For a moment he found himself clutching the small silver flute around his neck.

Would it still work? The giant demonic worm he summoned with it last time was killed, did this mean the flute was now useless or would it just summon another one?

He fought the urge to try it, the Orb of Tanith was somewhere in there, if he unleashed the creature it might get lost, no...this asked for a more subtle approach!

The Orb first! annihilation later!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6