Operation Commencing (CAV City - Full Table! - Pics!)

Vytau

Alright, tonight is my first proper large game of CAV - Two buddies and I are playing tournament-style, "pick-your-force," that is to say I've built three, 6000 point forces (Adon, Templar, Malvernis) all with distinct playing styles.  

BUT ALSO  we are fighting it out on a 6x4 sci-fi city!  I haven't made any major changes since the last time I posted pics of about 1/3 of this thing, so the roads are still unmarked, but honestly I just want to get playing.  Battle report to follow (probably), but pictures NOW!!!

Full%20Battle.jpg

Battle%20raging.jpg

Wide%20City.jpg

• Like 14

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool!

Are those varying types of electrical boxes?

Indeed they are!  Electrical boxes cut, filed (hastily LOL), and spray painted.  Windows painted in with blue paint.  A few rooftop air conditioners & vents & such. 

Road is styrene painted with stone texture paint. 

The rest is pretty much just plain ol' normal terrain stuff: sand, spackle, flock, paint, plastic trees. 

• Like 3

Those look nice with a whole town full of them, giving it a distinct and consistent architectural look.

Thanks! Commercial railroad N-scale terrain is not only super expensive, it's also almost all made to look like it's from the turn of the last century.  There are companies that make some great, inexpensive sci-fi or modern structures out of matte board or plaster, but if you get the right kind of electrical box, these are basically 1-2 bucks a piece. 

And that "distinct architectural look" is just what I was going for - I was inspired by some pretty uninspiring architecture: I live in Detroit and I'm watching it be rebuilt from a lot of Gothic and romantic revival into boring pre-fab stuff...the same color brick, big bland walls, wide glass windows.  I was in Houston this year and I think the medical center perfectly exemplifies the look.  I figured it's probably what the future is going to look like:  nondescript and neutrally colored. 

• Like 3