Mistborn: House War

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those wanting a bit more info, it's for a board game based on the novels of Brandon Sanderson.

And designed by the same person that made Arkham Horror and Pandemic...

I don't think he did Pandemic. 

Here's some more info about the game taken from the long kickstarter pages. I'm a huge fan of Sanderson's books and I liked Crafty Games' Mistborn Adventure Game (it was really an RPG) too, so this seems like a no brainer for me. 

Carefully manage countless problems facing the Final Empire as you bluff, coerce, and outwit your opponents in this cunning test of wits and wills.

* Based on the novels by Brandon Sanderson

* Designed by Kevin Wilson

* 3-5 players

* Play as the great Houses of the Empire

* High-quality production and components

* Easy to learn. Play in just a few minutes!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE RULES

GAMEPLAY

A turn of Mistborn: House War has 3 simple steps...

1) Collect Resources: Resources are used to solve problems. Personality cards represent special characters, such as Allomancers, who make immediate changes to the game.

2) Make Deals: Trade resources, threats, and promises with other players to yield the most benefit at the lowest possible cost.

3) Solve Problems: Keep the Final Empire from sliding into Unrest and win the Lord Ruler's Favor. Or don't... and be the only House standing when Vin appears.

For those wanting a bit more info, it's for a board game based on the novels of Brandon Sanderson.

And designed by the same person that made Arkham Horror and Pandemic...

I think he did Descent as well.

I might have to take a closer look at this as Descent is one of all time favourite board games.

I really hope they unlock all of the houses. 8 are available now, but there are still 4 more behind stretch goals. 

It's so cool that you can win either by having the most favor with the Lord Ruler and staving off the collapse or by being far enough out of favor that you survive the collapse. I'm not sure I've ever seen that mechanic before. 

I really hope they unlock all of the houses. 8 are available now, but there are still 4 more behind stretch goals. 

It's so cool that you can win either by having the most favor with the Lord Ruler and staving off the collapse or by being far enough out of favor that you survive the collapse. I'm not sure I've ever seen that mechanic before. 

When you play the card game hearts, you want to either get the least points or all the points.  If you manage to grab all the points, you get zero and everyone else gets the points. It's fun to strategize and you have to be sneaky.

• Like 3

When you play the card game hearts, you want to either get the least points or all the points.  If you manage to grab all the points, you get zero and everyone else gets the points. It's fun to strategize and you have to be sneaky.

I guess I have played that! 

In the Dune boardgame, the Bene Gesserit start the game by secretly writing down a turn number and one of their opponents. If that opponent wins the game on that turn, the Bene Gesserit win.

• Like 1

In the Dune boardgame, the Bene Gesserit start the game by secretly writing down a turn number and one of their opponents. If that opponent wins the game on that turn, the Bene Gesserit win.

That's cool. I like how that fits well into the Dune theme. The Battlestar Galactica board game has some pretty cool thematic play elements too. I used to think board games that tied into other IP were guaranteed to be silly/poorly done, but I've learned that there can actually be a lot of fun in them too. I actually really liked the Star Trek of Catan game too, which thoroughly surprised me.