Some Soldiers for Prince Rupert

Actually Rupe was a cavalry commander but I didn't want him hanging on his lonesome.

Part of the preloved horde I purchased, I have had to take them off of their single figure basing (for a different rule set) and while they were free from earthly (mdf-ly) constraint I decided to jolly them up a bit and repair chipping and other battle damage.

post-9146-0-23058200-1466037694_thumb.jpg

post-9146-0-80512200-1466037719_thumb.jpg

post-9146-0-91356500-1466037736_thumb.jpg

So there it is, I have been painting ^_^

post-9146-0-26850600-1466037934_thumb.jpg

OK one more.....

• Like 15
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to do ECW with Foundry figures, and a smattering of other ranges (Matchlock, I think being the best blend with the Foundry guys). Looks good. What rules are you planning to use?

Baroque by Dadi & Piombo, we have been using their Impetus rules (ancients and medieval) and like them a lot. Foundry wouldn't have been my first choice but the figures had a reasonable paint job so saved me a lot of time under painting and they were a reasonable price. There is also the odd Essex and Perry mixed in as well.

• Like 2

A few more troops for the English Civil War (ECW) army officers, two standard bearers and an important looking chap, and some shotte in a mock up of the basing.

Ye Kings Foote Regiment of the Lifeguard.... or sumpin like that.

post-9146-0-12569400-1467377932_thumb.jpg

post-9146-0-20226000-1467377953_thumb.jpg

post-9146-0-45921100-1467378012_thumb.jpg

post-9146-0-80951400-1467378052_thumb.jpg

post-9146-0-13952600-1467378173_thumb.jpg

post-9146-0-75147500-1467378196_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Needing some Dricheans for Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago, I figured I'd use what I had on hand.  These are all Greek and Roman pieces from Wargames Foundry

• By Lidless Eye
      Here's a big batch of miniatures, no common theme, that I finished recently.

The "Eyedra" assembled as the more generic Hydra option, from "Dark Platypus Games".  Thanks to the Reaper Box of Goodwill for this one.

A Ral Partha "Dwarf Thief", more suited as a Gnome to modern scale, also acquired from the Box of Goodwill.

To celebrate their return to 5E in "Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes", a Giff, 3D printed from designs from the wonderful DM Workshop.

A Goblin Monk.  I believe he's originally an Orcling from Foundry/Warmonger.

Another Goblin, perhaps an Alchemist.  A Warhammer Snotling.

A Dire Pillbug, originally intended as a Myconid Mount, from "Ganesha Games", in their "Fightin' Fungi" range.

Also of note is the backdrop, which are my in progress 3D printed Caverns set from "Printable Scenery"
    • By Glitterwolf
      I painted an OOP GW metal Stegadon for my Lost World Project and added Foundry Aztec Crew.

WIP here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=123

First some pics against neutral background
      And then some against my Jungle Photo Board.

• By Lidless Eye
      The last trio of my recent paintworks, a bunch of NPC types who would fit around an inn of ill repute.

First, we have the Serving Girl from the Reaper Swine Prince set:

Then, a Greek civilian from Foundry:

And last, a Dwarf barmaid, who I believe was manufactured by Fenryll.  It was bought in a pack of other female Dwarves at a convention many moons ago.

And the group:

• By Lidless Eye
      I found myself lacking native islander types for my ongoing Isle of Dread game, so I had to improvise a bit.  I tried to pull together a bunch of pieces that could work for encounters with the locals.

Grundor was the one I had already tried to give a different spin to, with an African theme and a lionskin cloak.  I figured I had enough Nordic Viking/Berserker types and could use him for something else, having gotten him with the second Kickstarter.

The rest were pulled from varying bins.  

First, the Reaper minis:

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)