Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Where is everyone staying?

With the announcement of the HGI block being filled up for RCon this year, thought I'd I ask where everyone will be staying for the con this year. Helps with getting together afterwards or even during the Con.

I'll be staying at Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) this year.

I have no idea...I need to find out where R Con is going to be held first...and if rooms are available

Or are you meaning the hotel it is at is already filled up and we lost out on the chance to book?

Edited by Sirithiliel

Edit: After a brief moment of panic my wife pointed me to the update, which is not necessarily panic-worthy. That one block is booked up, but there's another available.

Relevant posts: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63573-official-reapercon-2016-dates/?p=1384635

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63573-official-reapercon-2016-dates/?p=1385687

Looks like we're going to the Fairfield Inn!

Edited by terminalmancer
  • Like 1

i didn't realize we had to book months and months in advance ><

where is this info posted? i'm apparently so far out of the loop i'm hurting our RCon experience and chances

Edited by Sirithiliel

Heisler posted it in the Excited thread and the pinned Dates thread. Marriot across the street from the HGI. And there will be a shuttle from the HGI to the convention site from what I understand.

Edit: Con will be actually at the Premier Event Center. Page 1 of the pinned Dates thread.

Edited by Pegazus

oh okay so there are no events at either one

>< i don't like things of importance going into the excitement thread, that is a LOT of 'fluff' posts to find important information in

Heisler has posted another hotel across the street from The Garden Inn. The Con isn't at the hotel this year. Go check out the two other ReaperCon threads that are active.

ReaperCon this year is being held offsite from the hotel. Lewisville Event Center or something like that. Right now the 2 "main" hotels are Hilton Garden Inn (last year's hotel & Con site) & now the Mariot (pretty much across the street from HGI). (At least, Reaper Rate hotels)

I'm surprised the block filled up as quickly as it did. Thou it may have only been a few rooms, since the HGI is a big hotel.

• Like 1

don't worry.  it'll be ok and you will have a wonderful time no matter where you stay.  There are a lot of hotels nearby all within walking distance of the shuttle to the event. reaper always takes good care for con attendees. fear not!!  ::):

• Like 3

Actually we might just stay with a friend. He's about 28 mins from the convention site, and while that is a bit of a drive, we also would save the money from using a hotel (and thus have more spending cash at the convention itself)

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ludo
      Only 359 more days till the Meet and Greet!!!

Per the magnet from the swag bag, ReaperCon 2016 is April 28-May1.
      (Like most timey wimey physics type sciences, this is is only an approximate time frame and may be subject to but not exclusive the following conditions: The chance the hotel might lose the reservation. Important holy days on the Space Calendar, Quantum Mechanix,  Faster than light travel, Goblin invasions, Paint shortages, Bones III release announcements, Brian's hat achieving world domination,  Ryan Reynolds announces that he is Deadpool in real life, Pingo licks a brush, Chitauri invasion,   Soonâ„¢)

Goals for me for next year:
      Enter a piece into painters worthy of 3 bronze votes 
      Take Teh Girlfriend
      Costumes
      Custom ribbons
      Run late night survival speed paint
      Build an orphanage for all my excess dice. (I gave away lots this year but I still came home with at least a pound of excess)
      Hang out with Doc Bedlam for at least an hour. 

Bonus Goal(s):
      Enter a piece into each of the paint contest
    • By NomadZeke
      Like last year, this thread is to find roommates and transit. Being the con isn't at the hotel rides may be more important.

My situation: Room full at 4 Wednesday through Monday.
      Rides unknown as flights not booked, but looking at noonish arrival Wednesday, into dfw, out if dfw Sunday around 7, maybe Monday if I can get the time off then. Either way I'll need help with transit if possible.

On your marks...get set...
    • By Heisler
      The ReaperCon painting competition is open to miniatures and models from all companies, In light of that fact we have started to invite other miniature manufacturers to provide prizes for the best painted version of their products at the show. In 2015 we had the following manufacturers provide prizes for the best painted versions of their company's miniatures: Red Box Games, Dark Sword Miniatures, DGS, Hasslefree Miniatures and Secret Weapon Miniatures.

I will use this thread to let folks know which manufacturers will be providing prizes in addition to those you can earn when entering the ReaperCon 2016 Painting Competition. I'll update this first post with additions to the list as we get closer to the con.

2016 Manufacturer Awards List:

Dark Sword Miniatures - Jim is really expanding his ReaperCon Support this year
               Dark Sword Diorama
                        $150 in Dark Sword Online Store Credit for Best Overall Dark Sword Diorama
                        $100 in Dark Sword Online Store Credit for 2nd Place Dark Sword Diorama 

Dark Sword Single Miniatures
                        $150 in Dark Sword Online Store Credit for Best Overall Dark Sword Single Miniature
                        $100 in Dark Sword Online Store Credit for 2nd Place Dark Sword Single Miniature

Ares Mythologic
              Best Ares Miniature
                     New product to be given out at the show
              Best Draconia Miniature
                    New product to be given out at the show
              I'll provide further details when I can.

Kabuki Models
              Best Kabuki Model 
                       300eu gift voucher for their online store.
                       There is a caveat here. If the judges feel there are not enough quality Kabuki entries then, at their discretion, it will be awarded to the Best piece in the Open                  Category.

Bombshell Miniatures
              Is offering their brand new and highly coveted Bombardier Pin and gift certificates good for our web store to the following winners.
              Artists who Bombshell Miniatures has previously paid for commissioned painting work for their own studio models will be exempt from the Bombshell manufacturer's prizes.          1st place Overall - Bombshell Gold Pin and $100 Gift Certificate        2nd place Overall - Bombshell Silver Pin and $50 Gift Certificate        3rd place Overall - Bombshell Bronze Pin and $25 Gift Certificate
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 3 Anonymous, 100 Guests (See full list)