Where is everyone staying?

haldir

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be at the HGI and am driving so can give rides back and forth.

Hello my new favourite friend! ::P: I can pay you back with silly comments and diabolical laughter (I actually have two fantastic diabolical laughs I can do - one of them is from Bowler Hat Guy from Meet the Robinsons).

In other words: I'll be at the HGI. ::): 

• Like 5

under a table at the events center, or a bench in the park....I really should book tickets

& remember to secure your passports this year!!!!

duct taping it to my chest this time

I hope you don't have chest hair......

• Like 3

I am sorry, but the hotel should not be open before any info has been released about the con.  I didn't even know it was open.  Poor planning here.

They released the dates for the con (as well as the block for the hotel) back in August of last year. The only info that hasn't been released yet is the schedule of events and classes.

• Like 1

Yes, it is all my fault--not.  The ReaperCon site should have this info too for those you don't live on the forums.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't still miss it, and I will survive, but alternate sites should be suggested now to see what is best for others to stay at as we have to be shuttled (i guess) to the site since it is off-site.

I am sorry, but the hotel should not be open before any info has been released about the con.  I didn't even know it was open.  Poor planning here.

Umm, the Con site has had this information up since it was known and released almost a year ago. They haven't put up the newest hotel venue across the street (which was just added last week after the Garden Inn was booked up entirely). 

It's not Reaper's fault, they put out the information via the forum, their websites, and their social media. The Garden Inn isn't going to "hold off" until the end to sell their rooms, that'd be silly. People like to reserve early and the hotel wants a FULL capacity establishment, which is just good business. Now Reaper has negotiated another hotel (the Courtyard by Marriott across the street from the Hilton).  Now if you didn't see it, that's not their fault either, it's unfortunate and sucks, but you can still easily book a room at the ReaperCon negotiated Courtyard prices (or any other hotel nearby on your own) OR wait until the Roommate thread opens up in a month or so and bunk with someone at the Garden Inn.