Where is everyone staying?

haldir

We're staying at the Country Inn & Suites. My wife was able to get the booking for less than the special ReaperCon rates being offered by the other hotels, and it's a bit closer to the event.

The Egg

The two hotels that have ReaperCon rates have free shuttles to/from hotel to the Con. So unless you are renting a car (or walking) that's an added cost.

The venue is more than 3 miles away from the hotels along a busy interstate highway, malls, and frontage road, so I would not suggest walking at all.

You will want to drive or take a shuttle. I am local and know the area well and I would not walk it even for exercise.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're staying at the Country Inn & Suites. My wife was able to get the booking for less than the special ReaperCon rates being offered by the other hotels, and it's a bit closer to the event.

The Egg

The two hotels that have ReaperCon rates have free shuttles to/from hotel to the Con. So unless you are renting a car (or walking) that's an added cost.

The venue is more than 3 miles away from the hotels along a busy interstate highway, malls, and frontage road, so I would not suggest walking at all.

You will want to drive or take a shuttle. I am local and know the area well and I would not walk it even for exercise.

You gonna make an appearance this year Sonic Mike??

Got a room at the Courtyard Marriot. It's less than a quarter mile from the Fairfield, so I should be able to walk over and hitch a shuttle.

There's going to be shuttles from the Hilton and Marriott to/from the event center. No need to walk over to the Hilton unless you really want to for some reason since it's not necessary.

• Like 1

Ermagherd. This is my first ReaperCon. O.O I managed to snag a room at the Texan Inn, which is apparently just around the corner from the event center. I haven't figured out how I'm getting from DAL to the hotel, but I'll Lyft or taxi it if I need to. SUCH EXCITE. MUCH WOW.

• Like 2

Ermagherd. This is my first ReaperCon. O.O I managed to snag a room at the Texan Inn, which is apparently just around the corner from the event center. I haven't figured out how I'm getting from DAL to the hotel, but I'll Lyft or taxi it if I need to. SUCH EXCITE. MUCH WOW.

Something to consider is the local rail system. DART rails from either airport via the Orange line to the Green Line at Bachman Station, and then to the A-train at Trinity Mills Station, and that will get you to downtown lewisville, or at Medpark Station just  few miles from the reaper factory.

Something to consider is the local rail system. DART rails from either airport via the Orange line to the Green Line at Bachman Station, and then to the A-train at Trinity Mills Station, and that will get you to downtown lewisville, or at Medpark Station just  few miles from the reaper factory.

SWEET! Thanks for the heads up! I rock public transit here in Los Angeles. Now that I know what to look for, I'm sure I'll get there just fine. :D

• Like 1

When and what time are you arriving?

When and what time are you arriving?

I am local. You can always ping me if you want contact info. I will be off all week and only have classes after 1PM both Thurs and Fri. Always happy to get folks from out of town where they need to be.

Landing at Love Field at 10:20 PM Friday Thursday. I'm leaving at 06:55 AM on Sunday because I'm a crazy person and those were the cheapest return tickets. :P

Edited by KytheraOA