Fantasy & SF Music Videos

The Dropkick Murphys aren't doing their live St. Patrick's Day concert in Boston this year - the first time in 24 years it has been cancelled.

But they are live streaming a free concert, on YouTube and other sites.

I'm from Boston, and married to a Punk - I don't get a choice. ::): We are inviting Megan's Mum to the event - we were anyway, we have corned beef that needs eating up. (Though not as much as we wanted - I will try to buy more again, tomorrow.)

The Auld Grump - our own St. Patrick's Day school concert was cancelled - along with school. Damn it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I'd never heard of this man's oeuvre until the pandemic started and I started checking out more YouTube recs.

(aside from the snippet of The Mob Rules used in Heavy Metal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lvs2FzF64o

(on the plus side it means I have a 40+ year career from a metal god to really just delve into)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BlazingTornado said:

Can't believe I'd never heard of this man's oeuvre until the pandemic started and I started checking out more YouTube recs.

(aside from the snippet of The Mob Rules used in Heavy Metal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lvs2FzF64o

(on the plus side it means I have a 40+ year career from a metal god to really just delve into)

In that case, he also sang with Ritchie's Blackmore Rainbow.

Did a few Albums with Black Sabbath ( Mob Rules, Heaven and Hell, Dehumanizer and Live Evil)

Also had a band named Elf.

And he was the Lead singer on Roger Glover's ( Deep Purple Bass Player) Love is all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW9OYsMn4ds

I have seen Dio in concert during the Sacred Heart Tour.

Awesome.

Yeah, I've been spending the past handful of months just checking out all his works, not just his DIO act.

Blackmore and Dio are definitely a powerful combo, shame that there was too much butting of heads for it to last, but at least we still got 3 great albums out of em.

S'funny, long long ago I heard some cover of Kill The King but never really sought out who it was originally by.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Yeah, I've been spending the past handful of months just checking out all his works, not just his DIO act.

Blackmore and Dio are definitely a powerful combo, shame that there was too much butting of heads for it to last, but at least we still got 3 great albums out of em.

S'funny, long long ago I heard some cover of Kill The King but never really sought out who it was originally by.

If you like that style of rock ( Dio/Deep Purple/Rainbow)

I can recommend a few bands/Projects to check out, if you haven't already..

• Lords of Black
  • Voices of Rock
  • Bob Catley
  • Silent Force
  • Jorn
  • Tony Martin
  • Iommi
  • Queensryche
  • Gillan
  • Whitesnake
  • Uriah Heep