Sign in to follow this  
hiddenone32

08906 Learn to Paint Bones

For the record, some of us are NOT safe to be around... But I'm all the way over in Norway, so... 

So, now that you've proven that you can paint minis, what are you painting next? 

• Like 6

Welcome to the forum!

Have a lot of fun and steal any idea we got to improve yourself!

I like the minis,

You're off to a good start.

The skeleton could be even more awesome if you applied a little brown or black wash.

That way you will get the shadows between the bones and ribs.

Just a little advice...

And we're very safe to be around here...

Sure, we got the occasional hunt for Bacon, slaughtering Frost Giants for Skullmugs, firing glittercannons, pushing red buttons of doom, destroying planets from orbit..

I mean, yeah, it's safe...

Come out and play :ph34r:

• Like 5

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad that you realized that we're the good kind of bonkers!

I think these guys look great and I love that you have them displayed on your monitor at work!

• Like 3

Welcome... I particularly like the knight.   As you may have noticed, while lurking this forum is filled with friendly advice and the occasional thread jack into insanity!

As long as you have virtual bacon for the technicolor wolves and barbarians you should be relatively safe!   

oh yah,, Use Orange on your minis...  its  a really nice color.. honest!

(that will make sense... someday    :devil: )

• Like 4

Welcome welcome! Glad to have you here aboard the crazy train! :lol:

Your figures look great, hard to believe those are your first painted minis! :)

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, please feel free to ask. If you want feedback on your pieces, be specific; asking "How do the highlights look?" will get more responses than "Advice and comments welcome!" ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3

Welcome, it wasn't too long ago that I finished my learn to paint kit. They all look great! It'll take some practice to get a quick even base coat and doing eyes but there are some great guides available on this forum.

Give your sweet skeleton a nice dark wash for some extra definition in his bones.

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome and compliments! Bacon, red buttons of doom, and planetary destruction? I think I have found a home!

I have a few more pieces that I'll post when I get a chance tonight or tomorrow.

As of right now I'm working on 03197: Thelgar Halfblood for a friend.

I've painted a few more of the orcs and I have another copy of Mangu and some of the archers. I was thinking about having another go at them.

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum!!

You're off to a great start; keep it up.

Like the others have mentioned, if you have have a question/need some help, please don't hesitate to ask. There are lots of friendly people here who are happy to try and help.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forums, Great Start on your Mini's.

You will find a megilla amount of information about miniature painting, anything associated with it,

and a myriad of unrelated topics also.  We all started out with our first mini, for some it is a distant memory,

for others it was opening a door to a new world of fun, pleasure, and new friends.

Don't be afraid to join in, we all mean well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fire_Eyes
      I decided that with my Bones 4 refrigerator box looming on the horizon, I should just get some of my old Bones painted. I knew I wouldn't devote the time to getting any of these ultra pretty, so they had just been sitting in a bag unless I needed to throw some placeholders on the map during a game. One Sunday, I powered through as many as I could just to get them done.

Vandorendra (NSFW)

Funnily enough, I was just as proud of some of these as some of the nicer paint jobs I've done, since I was able to let go and just let them be imperfect, and they were done and out of my to be painted pile. 
    • By DankDungeonMaster
      Finished my version of Mangu Timur just now. The pictures may not be that great 'cause i'm a bad photographer. Would like you guys to say what you think of it.

• By WhiteWulfe
      I've had these pics on my camera for a few days, and keep forgetting to upload them...  Keep getting distracted by other projects, but nothing wrong with that I say...  ^_^;;;;;  These photos were taken using my previous way of doing things, and I definitely prefer the "newer" way even if it means a bit more work up front, but there's less editing, and my kit lens is a LOT easier to work with for such up close pictures.  Kind of can't wait to get that Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro that's on my wishlist, but right now it's a debate between miniature supplies and camera gear, and the camera gear isn't currently on sale, plus we really could use a wider selection of paints in the house, so..... 

Ingrid was definitely an....  Interesting challenge to paint, to say the least.  She has a great deal of smaller details to her, aaaaaand she's pint shot glass sized, which adds to things.  Interestingly enough, the biggest issue I kept running into was with her gloves, boots, and especially belt.  Cloak also gave some issues, even having me somewhat frustrated at first that my initial shadow layer looked a LOT like vertical red and black stripes, I kept it as it was, and added additional layers on, which seems to have partially corrected itself, but looking at the photos, at the right angles it... Still kind of shows that way.  Oh well, we learn as we go, right?

This was also the first mini that I attempted something resembling eyes, and I did my best to have it look like she was looking right at the gem itself.  It took a few tries, but I managed to get some sort of hazel-brown eye going, although with just the one colour hazel eyes have (not the brown-green mix).

• By WhiteWulfe
      Couldn't resist the silly-ish title - it was originally going to be "Novice Painter, versus LTPK:Core!" but I changed it a touch at the end..  Bonus points if you read that as the Innkeeper from Hearthstone. :P 

While I have painted miniatures in the past, I've first and foremost never shown such results to anyone, and secondly went in blindly with those ones, and while I was happy with them at the time, I wanted to improve.  Other things in life took over for a while, and then finally I said that's it, I'm either going to FINALLY paint my primered army of doom that was at Doom In June 2005 or I'm going to sell the minis I've had sitting in boxes for over a decade.  So glad I found out about the Learn to Paint Kits, because that pretty much solidified that decision right then and there :P

Anyways!  At some point we were all at this stage, and while looking over the pictures I can see a number of things I can improve on (*cough* like my up close photography skills *cough*), but for most things...  I'm happy with them.  Especially the chain mail on the Orc Marauder.  I just might have to retake some of these photos, because I realize looking at them that, uhm, first and foremost f1.7 blurs half the model, and secondly, I didn't get a shot of the backside of the Marauder's Shield, which I was also happy about.  Oops.

But before I ramble on for three pages......!

Drybrushing feels sooooo weird, but it was starting to click once I got to Magnu, even if I wound up overdoing it in a few areas and it so wasn't a dry effect anymore.  But that's life, we learn from our actions!
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 3 Anonymous, 95 Guests (See full list)