Sign in to follow this  
wdmartin

Hasslefree Oberon

It is with mixed feelings that I present a finished Oberon from Hasslefree.  (Linked for nudity!)

Oberon Front

Oberon Front Quarter Profile

Oberon Back Quarter Profile

Mixed feelings, I say, because having finished the whole thing -- including a nice base from Micro Arts Studio! -- I find that I have attached his antlers incorrectly.  Apparently if you compare against the pic in the Hasslefree store (also nude, just FYI), they're supposed to be more like moose antlers than deer antlers.  I pinned those suckers on there.  Trying to decide whether it's worth detaching the wretched things to reorient them.  -_-;

• Like 15

I like the paintjob, looks good on that base.

I've seen several people painting this guy, and some attach the antlers like you have done, others like in the store.

To me it looks good what you did. And I doubt if there is a right or wrong way.

It's more ...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I could even imagine that the antlers move up and down due to Oberon's mood.

Overall Good Job!

I wouldn't worry about the antlers.

I did a Google image sewrch on him and found people attaching the antlers every which way, including leaving them off, and in one memorable version curved downwards like a flying bird's wings seen from the front.

I agree, that is a very pretty and fitting base.

• Like 2

Nice job.

My 2c: whether you've attached them like the "official" version is irrelevant. People convert their minis or paint them differently all the time, and get great results. I assume you attached the antlers the way you did because you thought it looked right. If you like, you can think of this as a simple conversion. The only thing that matters is are you happy with it, or do you think it would look better if you changed the antlers. But you should make that decision without being biased by how one version did it.

• Like 1

I think I'd like 'em better in the lower position -- but I don't think I can get them off at this point without damaging things pretty thoroughly.  So I think I'm going to chalk it up to a learning experience.

Thanks for the feedback!  I appreciate it.