Sign in to follow this  
hiddenone32

03321: Damien, Hellborn Wizard

Here's another one I've completed.  I did this one a few months ago for a friend's D&D character.  I forgot to take a picture of it when I finished it so I grabbed a quick photo the next time I saw him.  I'm beginning to realize that pictures are really good at pointing out little flaws all over.

post-13789-0-51292700-1466368268_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Yeah, I find pictures exceptionally helpful for pointing out all my (many) mistakes. :lol: Looks nice! I like the choice of the yellow eyes.

• Like 1

Nice!

I like the gem on top of the SAP and the eyes rock.

You might want to touch up the sleeve on the outstretched hand, there is some paint missing between the hand and the sleeve.

The skin looks very good!

• Like 1

Good job!

And yes, pictures are wonderful for showing off every single little mistake; don't let that stop you! ^_^

• Like 2

Thank you.  I noticed the hand when I was looking through the pictures to post it but it's already found a new home.  I need to remember to take pictures before I hand things out so I can give them another once over.  I was actually proud how the skin turned out for this one.  The eyes were literally slapped on just before I went out the door because I noticed that I had completely forgotten them.  My friend was happy with it so it all turned out good in the end.

• Like 2

The eyes work!

There are  a lot of folks here who make a WIP for a project.

That way you post pics of the progress, get tips and advice and you can see little booboos on the pics.

I find them very useful.

And it's fun, I learned a lot from watching other people's WIP's

WIP = Work In Progress..

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By redambrosia
      I almost forgot to put my bad boys pageant entry on the show off forum.

We decided that he was a very vain fellow (look at that cod-piece!), so the horns would be very white with arcane runes glowing on them. The idea for the staff was that it's glowing like Gandalf's staff when he was fighting in the Necromancer's citadel on his own. His fur is supposed be fox fur.

• By Suden
      I started a new D&D campaign, and started painting minis for the party. Luckily, I found minis for everyone in my big box of Bones so I didn't have to do too much searching. So far I have three of five finished. First up is the human cleric, 77089: Halbarand, Cleric. I stole the basic colour scheme from another cleric posted here by Hawker: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/57068-77089-halbarand-cleric/

Even though it pales in comparison, I am pretty happy with the white/gold armour look.

Next up is the tiefling warlock, 77149: Damien, Hellborn Wizard. I didn't have a scheme in mind for him, except for the red skin and I wanted to make give the jacket a denim look. Because the jacket was so large, I decided to do the inside a darker shade than the outside for some contrast.

Even though there isn't a lot of high/low lighting on the jacket, I like how it looks. The hair turned out quite good, better than it appears in the pics.

Finally, the rock gnome wizard, 77166: Balto Burrowell, Gnome Wizard. Again no scheme going in, other than the player wanted him to be a redhead.

I like the way the clothes turned out, but I definitely should have more contrast in the hair. It also could have been a little redder. The bases are all just black ink over a grey base for speed, but it nicely highlight's Sandra Garrity's signature on this guy.

I still have to do an elven ranger and a human rogue. Hopefully I'll have them done for next week's game.
    • By Doug Sundseth
      Painted for the Skull & Shackles campaign I'm playing in. He's a transmuter who is actually best at necromancy spells and has been optimized for crafting.

Not really competition quality, but it had some interesting bits. For the skin, I was trying for something that read mostly as black, but ended up with a bit too much purple; reasonably happy, though.

The base was intended to evoke a ship's deck, with, I think, some success.

ps. I have been painting a bit more recently, but some of the figures I'm posting now have been close to done for quite a while. I finally decided to buckle down and do some basing so I could call them abandoned.

Edit: Fixed some missed bits, reshot, and uploaded the new images.
    • By Werkrobotwerk
      Just got around to finishing a bones 1 mini that had been incomplete for a year or so. I was trying to add magical nonsense to his coat.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 3 Anonymous, 233 Guests (See full list)