Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I almost forgot to put my bad boys pageant entry on the show off forum.
We decided that he was a very vain fellow (look at that cod-piece!), so the horns would be very white with arcane runes glowing on them. The idea for the staff was that it's glowing like Gandalf's staff when he was fighting in the Necromancer's citadel on his own. His fur is supposed be fox fur.
I started a new D&D campaign, and started painting minis for the party. Luckily, I found minis for everyone in my big box of Bones so I didn't have to do too much searching. So far I have three of five finished. First up is the human cleric, 77089: Halbarand, Cleric. I stole the basic colour scheme from another cleric posted here by Hawker: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/57068-77089-halbarand-cleric/
Even though it pales in comparison, I am pretty happy with the white/gold armour look.
Next up is the tiefling warlock, 77149: Damien, Hellborn Wizard. I didn't have a scheme in mind for him, except for the red skin and I wanted to make give the jacket a denim look. Because the jacket was so large, I decided to do the inside a darker shade than the outside for some contrast.
Even though there isn't a lot of high/low lighting on the jacket, I like how it looks. The hair turned out quite good, better than it appears in the pics.
Finally, the rock gnome wizard, 77166: Balto Burrowell, Gnome Wizard. Again no scheme going in, other than the player wanted him to be a redhead.
I like the way the clothes turned out, but I definitely should have more contrast in the hair. It also could have been a little redder. The bases are all just black ink over a grey base for speed, but it nicely highlight's Sandra Garrity's signature on this guy.
I still have to do an elven ranger and a human rogue. Hopefully I'll have them done for next week's game.
By Doug Sundseth
Painted for the Skull & Shackles campaign I'm playing in. He's a transmuter who is actually best at necromancy spells and has been optimized for crafting.
Not really competition quality, but it had some interesting bits. For the skin, I was trying for something that read mostly as black, but ended up with a bit too much purple; reasonably happy, though.
The base was intended to evoke a ship's deck, with, I think, some success.
ps. I have been painting a bit more recently, but some of the figures I'm posting now have been close to done for quite a while. I finally decided to buckle down and do some basing so I could call them abandoned.
Edit: Fixed some missed bits, reshot, and uploaded the new images.
Who's Online 22 Members, 3 Anonymous, 233 Guests (See full list)