Sign in to follow this  
redpiano

FeR Spirit of Adventure Hobbit

Well done! and a nice plight to boot. I really like how in the first picture you can see the reflection of his foot. Good job.  ::):

I'm going to paint this figure one day. I really like him. Have to get through my other miniatures first.

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 1

On the whole, everything is outstanding. I love the basing and composition of the piece. The painting is also top notch.

The only visually off-putting aspect, to me, is the grey hair on the feet. I don't know if foot hair on hobbits greys at the same rate as on the top of the head or not; however, the brightness level of the hair on the feet is the same value as that on the top of the head. Your universal light source causes that touch of grey to really stand out. If you had used a zenithal light source, or even a mid-morning/late-afternoon sun at an angle, the feet would be darker overall and I think the feet wouldn't pop out as much.

• Like 2

I laugh at the request for criticism...

I only wish i had the talent to begin to find fault with this ;)

Truly a magnificent paint job.  Inspirational blending and shading.  Thia makes me want to be a better painter.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1