Sign in to follow this  
knarthex

Wolf Demon (77307) Hangout Airbrush Tutorial Mini

So as some of you may have read, I am going to try to do a basic airbrushing tutorial on Friday night, June 24, 2016, starting at about 2100 (9pm) EST on google hangouts.

The idea is to show folks the basics and beginnings of how to use an airbrush...

This is the mini I chose:

post-14271-0-70445500-1466568971_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-84180700-1466568972_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-75894800-1466568973_thumb.jpg

I started the clean up, assembly, gap filling, because folks already know how to do that stuff....

I chose it because it is large enough for people to see what is going on when it is being painted, but not so big it takes over my table, like a dragon would...

I have done a Type III Demon before, so I won't have to go to crazy figuring things out, and there are some semi advanced things I can try to show as things progress....

So Thanks for looking, and hope to see you at class!

George

• Like 10

I need to post pics of the work I did still, but...

OKAY...

It seems that there was enough interest for me to continue with this, so I will do some cleanup Paint work on the mini this Friday,  1July19, at 2100 hrs EST.

Will cover some masking tips that I started last time and continue painting. I will try to have all my paints pre mixed to save time on that part....

Not sure what other colors to work with yet, but....

I will use the link found in the first post in this thread.

George

So here are pics of what got done Friday during the Hangout Class....

The whole mini was primed with Grey Liner, mixed 2 to 1 with water / flow improver.

The Light Grey is Tamiya Neutral Grey XF53, mixed 1 to 1 with Tamiya X20A thinner.

The Brown is Scale 75 African Shadow, Mixed 1 to 2 with Scale Color Acrylic Thinner.

The places where I over sprayed onto previous areas is pretty evident, and I plan on starting the next class with fixing those and showing some masking tips / tricks.

post-14271-0-80403100-1467172566_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-30145300-1467172568_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-78368400-1467172569_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-26423700-1467172571_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-75489500-1467172572_thumb.jpg 

Thanks for looking, and hope to see you at class!

George

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 4

Sorry for the Necro,

But as I am back to life and painting, and have noticed quite a few folks have recently gotten airbrushes, would there be any interest in doing this again?

I am not any kind of expert with an airbrush, but have been using one for about 8 years or so, and am willing to talk about things, and answer questions etc...

Chime in if interested!

George

• Like 4

I’m interested, but you may want to wait a little while to start this again. Reaper is working with Badger and have a new airbrush in the works.

I imagine a lot more Reaper fans will have airbrushes SOON(tm) and something like this would be a great intro.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this