Ever since I first saw this mini I have wanted to try my hand at painting it.

AS usual, I will ignore what colors they have used in the original only view of the mini.

I want something different, and I have a few ideas about how I want to base the Hawkman already.

Just priming, and putting the coat of brown liner on it was a terrific intro into what can be done with this one.

Love the folds (thinking rich shadows, and great highlights).  That Hawks head.. hmmm... its a birds head to me,

though at least a Raptor.  This is going to be a fun bumpy ride.. Yee-Hah !!!

Here is what he looks like to begin with.

Jay

post-12655-0-14322300-1466643403.jpg

post-12655-0-64427400-1466643403.jpg

post-12655-0-14568700-1466643404.jpg

post-12655-0-61519100-1466643404.jpg

post-12655-0-09462200-1466643405.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 15

I'll be watching this one with great interest as he's one of the first Darksword miniatures that I saw that I immediately wanted to paint.

• Like 4

Another Anthro from Jay!!!!

*** Grabs popcorn ...hmmm this should be mixed with Bacon..****

• Like 3

He would be good as a Jedi. :D May have to pick this one up and do that. 

Jay, what type of raptor are you planning on painting him as? 

Haven't made that decision yet.  Bald Eagle, Black Eagle, Golden Eagle, however; considering all the magnificently colored birds out there,

I could just find an interesting Budgie, and paint him that way.  So time to sit down with my book of North American Birds !  This Mini looks like

it is going to be a ton of fun !

• Like 3

Has been a rather productive morning.  I've narrowed down the Raptors to two hawks. 

I just want to see how the color scheme on robes is going to work out to decide which of them to do.

I've ruled out the Eagles.

I decided to do the robes in Red, the cloak in Green.  Which gave me a bit of a surprise.  I'm using two complimentary colors

with each other.  If I paint the red shadow first, I can just put a dark layer of green down to give my red shadows a lot of depth; and the Green can be my dark green for my green shadows (or I can mix some red in with the green for the same result) !

So I've been playing for over an hour.

Here he is with a bit of color tossed in to the mix.

post-12655-0-88780500-1466701530.jpg

post-12655-0-41385900-1466701531.jpg

post-12655-0-90483900-1466701531.jpg

post-12655-0-38253500-1466701532.jpg

• Like 6

Oooooo That is a nice figure Mr. Jason!

• HAWKMAN!!!!! New Seasons starting this Fall.
  • Like 1

Thanks Arc.

I REALLY am getting into the "brooding" sinister look of the mini, plus it is soooo dynamic.

This is going to be a fun paint, I can feel it already !

• Like 2

Thanks Arc.

I REALLY am getting into the "brooding" sinister look of the mini, plus it is soooo dynamic.

This is going to be a fun paint, I can feel it already !

• New Season of Hawkman: "I have come to kill the one they call Hawkman" "Then you have come to the wrong place for I am Hawkman and I am the enemy of thy enemy. None shall defeat me" 

Is he a villain or the villain of villains. Watch to find out, this Fall!

::P: I"m looking forward to seeing what you do with it Mr. Jason.

• Like 1

I don't personally like to paint anthro figures, but I do like to see others paint them up for their own pleasure, so it's always fun to see you paint these up Jay!

• Like 2

Do you not use primer on your minis? That would help a lot for your paint coverage. Then you can use thinner layers to build up your colors. :)

I use primer on my miniatures, and put down a coat of brown liner. 

Uh.. Darius, if you go to the top of this page,  you will see a bunch of tags about this mini..

Click on Jasonator, and it will give you a list of all the mini's I have painted.

The tabs are a great tool to learn about.  I use them on my miniatures all the time.

Jay

• Like 2