Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Efreeti Emir - 03322

Really love what you did with the red being stronger in the recesses and then the brighter surfaces. Also like the red on his sword, excellent touch. He looks fantastic.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      Thanks to this thread I finally figured out how to assemble this mini. If you are at all hesitant, please look at it, especially the excellent step by step on page 2 (h/t @Mad Jack).
      Things have been scrubbed,  and I have some idea of the color scheme.
      Dusky skin triad and maroon red/cinnamon red for the skin, and hexed lichen/witchcraft purple/warlord purple for the tabard. Not sure about the metal yet.
    • By Rigel
      Click for even more turnaround!

"O Amahd, can it be you? Surely when I saw you a month ago, you were a beggar in the marketplace. And now you are dressed in fine raiment and weighted down with jewels! Allah has surely seen fit to bless you! Tell me, how did this come about?" 

"Indeed, the Compassionate One has blessed me greatly! And it is as you say. I was a beggar, and an unlucky one at that, for few of those with riches gave alms, and those with little could give little. I was companion to dogs and vultures. At length, starving and alone, I thought, 'Why not make an end of yourself? Surely what comes after will be no worse than such a life!' And I took myself to the ruins beyond the graves, out to the east, to cast myself down a dry well, and there perish." 

"But then a marvelous ocurrence befell me! Down in the well, at the bottom, was a glint of brass, lit by the mid-day sun! Instead of dashing myself down, I climbed carefully into the well and retrieved the object, thinking to sell it to a merchant for a few weeks worth of money to sustain my miserable existence. And as the evening approached, I climbed out with--a lamp!"

"The top of it and the spout were sealed with wax, and this wax stamped with strange designs I knew little of. Thinking there might be further treasure inside, I peeled back the wax on the spout. And then--as surely as Allah lives--thick smoke in a multitude of colors began to spill out!" 

"The smoke then condensed into a pillar of iridescent cloud, which took on the form of a woman, majestic and terrible of aspect in her beauty!"

"It was, it told me, a DJINN! One of those spirits of air and fire bound into service and contained in the lamp by Sulimein-bin-Daoud, who had power over all such spirits. In gratitude at being freed after many centuries, it offered me three wishes in the space of a day."
      "Being a beggar, my first thought was, of course, for riches. I wished for wealth like that of a mighty sultan or a merchant prince. The djinn laughed at this in derision, but in an instant brought me heaps and mountains of gold and silver, orichalcum and emeralds, the treasuries of empires buried and forgotten a thousand years."

"But I have heard that even princes grow tired of riches without company, and remembered my loneliness as a beggar. So I wished for women of great beauty and trustworthiness, who would prove true to me and to the Faith. At this, the djinn outright sneered in contempt, but obeyed with great haste. She was able to find four such women, sultanas and khatuns from far-off lands, skilled in every art." 

"But then I bethought me, 'Ahmad, having wealth, will not others try to possess it? And will not other men of power be jealous of me, and seek to steal these women away from me? How can one safeguard oneself against calamity?' Long I thought, perplexed. Then--praise be to the Merciful One!--I thought to enquire of the princesses, who had spent their days in gentle discourse rather than in scrabbling for alms! And the wisest of them counseled me to wish for the wisdom to know who would deal honestly with me and who intended ill towards me. And at this, the genie smiled, saying 'IT IS DONE' and vanished, leaving me clothed in princely garb and endowed with the stately beard you now see."

"And as you, O my friend, were always one to give when you had in abundance, and I see no guile or trickery in you, take this sack of flawless rubies in thanks for your alms in former time--for such charity is pleasing to Allah!"
      "This is a wondrous tale indeed, Ahmad! Surely there is neither might nor majesty save in God the Most High and Wonderful."

(Special guest appearances by a RAFM egyptian assistant as Ahmad the beggar, an Artizan Afghan warlord as Ahmad in good fortune, Almah the Merchant Princess (60052), Jasmine Silverveil (02497), Nemesra (03767), and Bombshell's Qadira.)

Bonus content! Let's see the two sisters, Ashana and Ziba, reunited: 

• By Auberon
      Ziba got started some time ago now as an excuse to try out the scale 75 fantasy and games copper nmm set that I had purchased and not really used.  TBH I like their original line of paints better and I'm not sure I'll buy more of the F&G line.  So after the copper, she got some red skin, firey hair, and then proceeded to sit until I decided to finish her up this weekend. I tried something I don't usually do for the sword hilts, and am not excited by how it turned out, but she is ready for the hypothetical tabletop none the less.

• By boldfont
      Speed paint! I’m happy with it though. There’s a lot to paint from the Kickstarter. 

• By DocPiske
      So I've been painting a lot of character models and low level monsters lately, so I decided to tackle a large monster. I pulled out the bag with Bones manticore, chimera and sphinx and lost my mind, deciding to paint all three. Then I acquired the Bones Black efreeti and could not resist painting her as well.

First up the chimera 77257. I should have taken another photo of the front of the model from a higher angle so that you could see the eyes of the dragon head but I was too lazy.

I did not notice the blob of white paint until I uploaded the file. Isn't that how it goes? Maybe I'll get around to fixing it, but I'm already plotting what to paint first from Bones 4. I spent all that time painting the striations on the wings and didn't do any highlighting on the belly scales of the dragon, either.

Manticore 77577. I have another, older manticore model (I know, shocking) from Grenadier that I painted with the more traditional dark bat wings. I wanted something different and I have been itching to try an idea I had for bright new copper, like a shiny new penny. I painted the wings and scales with Reaper MSP Coppery Orange and then over painted the webbing on the wings with the old Ral Parta Metallic Red. I like how it turned out, and Iron Wind Metals is again selling this paint, however only at conventions so far. In retrospect brass dragon wings would have been better, but I can always buy another one...

Oh, and this model is the one I used the Culture Hustle Black 2.0 as a primer on the base. No difference in performance from Reaper MSP Black Primer.

Sphinx 77576. Not much to say about her except be careful when trimming the mold lines on the ears; I lopped off half of the left ear and had to do reconstructive surgery.
      I really like the sculpting on the wings and the base is a really neat small bit of terrain. The nice thing about Bones is that they are cheap enough to by them for just parts.

And finally the efreeti 44003. My color scheme was heavily inspired by (shameless stolen from) Wren's magnificent work on the store display model. You can't improve on perfection.

If anyone is interested in boring technical details I did something different with the skin tones for this one. I wanted the bright red skin to appear almost like it was glowing, as befits a fire spirit. I primed the model in black and then painted the skin with a burnt sienna color. I then did my first layer of high lights with Reaper MSP Pumpkin Orange (because it was the first orange I found in my bin), and then the second high light with an ocher yellow, and the final high lights with a pale yellow, Ral Partha Blonde as it turned out. Once that had dried I over-painted the entire area with Ral Partha (sorry, IWM) Red. One of the interesting properties of the IWM paints is that they are rather translucent. This gave me fits for years back in the 80's when I first acquired them as RP paints at Gen Con; I paint for table top and prefer my paint to be opaque for quick coverage. However I slowly learned that I could get pretty smooth transitions with the RP paints by applying several layers of the paint in smaller and smaller areas. It also works pretty well out of the pot for glazing over a pre-shaded area. Overall I'm happy with the result.

The cloth was painted with a burnt sienna, high lighted with MSP Runic Purple, edged with MSP BCA Pink and glazed with MSP Clear Magenta.

For the sword blades I was going for obsidian; seemed appropriate for a fire creature. Painted dark gray, edged in white, and glazed with black ink.

I hope you like them and thanks for looking. I wonder if I can call in sick tomorrow to stay home and paint...

• Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)