Sign in to follow this  
Rickdraco

Reaper warlord marilith/ Snake Demon

Here is my latest work, the metal Reaper Warlord Marilith snake demoness. I tried to give her an otherworldly appearance with smooth blue skin and lava-orange serpentine scales. For her clothing/armour I used gold as it has something of a Mayan or Aztec look.

post-14997-0-63886000-1466765465_thumb.jpg

post-14997-0-91531900-1466765507_thumb.jpg

post-14997-0-07051300-1467024588_thumb.jpg

post-14997-0-28508200-1467024613_thumb.jpg

post-14997-0-38261200-1467024646_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rickdraco
  • Like 21

Nice!

Don't forget to post a picture or 2 after you do that.

Edited by Chaoswolf

I have this figure and it's very awesome.  I had been toying with the idea of doing it in the same scheme you did (apparently also a colour scheme found in one of the Final Fantasy games, if my memory of my color scheme search remains accurate).  It's a good look for a marilith.

• Like 2

I have edited the first post to add pictures since sculpting and painting the base. It is painted like sandstone to give the impression of a ruined temple.

Edited by Rickdraco
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Samedi
      Finished!

This is another one of my long term residents of my shelf of shame. Stripped, re-primed and re-painted after an unsuccessful first attempt. 
      I tried for a somewhat mayan color scheme by googling pictures of mayan art and choosing the paint closest in colour that I had.

Fun fact 1: The mayas produced a special blue-green pigment which they used in their paintings. This pigment is very resistent to weathering. It's known as maya blue.
      Fun fact 2: Mayas used the same word for green and blue, meaning different greens and blues were seen as shades of ONE colour, not as belonging to two different categories, like for example in the English language.

I had a lot of fun with the water effects. But next time I have to cut back on the sea foam, it definitely looks better when applied sparingly.

Enjoy, c&c welcome, as always!
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I completed this model last night. 14124 Kevis the Overlords Mage was sculpted by Chaz Elliott. This guy will be an evil evoker NPC in a campaign I'll be running.

• By Gantrell
      Dark Haven Legends Borley, Male ghost.

I had a lot of fun this this one, On top of making him fly, I really wanted to make it look like he was from a black and white movie. Doing that but keeping everything  distinct with such a limited color palette was challenging. I really enjoyed this project.

I hope you like it.

• By Rat13
      Like the title says this new year marks the start of my fifth year of miniature painting. Though I've managed to learn a lot both through this forum and the internet at large I still haven't learned proper layering. To anyone who has ever stumbled across any of my projects I'm sure this comes as no surprise. So armed with a Reaper gift card, obtained over the holidays, I decided it was time to finally learn layering. 

If it wasn't clear I picked up the 2nd Learn to Paint kit.

With the instructions in hand I started work on the first model (77068 Anirion the Elf Wizard). Oddly enough after four years of painting this will be the first wizard I've ever painted.

Just like the first Learn to Paint kit the instructions are great. I actually got so caught up in going through the steps painting the robe that I completely forgot to take pictures. That may not sound like a compliment but believe me it is.

After just an hour or so I ended the night with a very nice looking cloak. Though I must admit I didn't push the shadows or the highlights nearly hard enough it is still a great improvement over my usual results. 

• By The Steve
      So, a few questions:

Mercenaries.
      There was a post about how if we take so many mercenaries we will lose our faction benifits? is that true? if so, where do I find the limits and who can go in what force? Going to a shop with plentiful reaper next wed and want to have a shopping list in hand for what I can use in my necropolis and crusader forces.

SO, we can have:
      0/1 warlord
      1/3 captains(assuming no duplicates with UNQ?)
      ?/? sgts?

So after that, elites as many as fill the slots, soldiers, I am assuming we can mix and match as we darn well please?

I'll have more questions, right now I am painting up a storm, just did 8 battle nuns, 4 characters last night. so today I start basing my other solidiers and elites.
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)