Sign in to follow this  
AEdge

02295: King Jurgen Heyerdal

I think he looks great.

Hmm, maybe it's that interior of the cloak being too close to his hair color?

• Like 1

You complain too much.  He looks great.  I particularly like the gradient of colors on the back of the cloak -- makes it feel much more like a real animal pelt than a single solid color would.

• Like 2

His cloak is wonderful! I actually think he looks great! Most times we are our own worst critics.

• Like 1

The cloak is beautiful.

His general color scheme might be just a little flat. The shadows and contrasts are excellent, but the basic colors of his tunic, the cloak interior, his coloration and the weaponry all fall within a fairly narrow range of hue, value, and chroma.

But really he is silvery and subtle and beautifully painted.

(Just as a humorous observation, this figure is blatantly a riff on the classic old Marvel Comics Thor from the 1960s and 70s. You can see the echo of Jack Kirby's costume design in his outfit, and his name appears to be a portmanteau of forensic medicine historian Jürgen Thorwald and Norwegian ethnographer Thor Heyerdahl.)

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 2

That fur is marvelous! From the front,the colors aren't as striking as those you used on your other minis.

I'll gladly take him off your hands though, all your minis are amazing. Still waiting for you to make a "how to paint" YouTube. Whatever you're doing, I wanna do that.

• Like 1

***** Ok Buddy, This is the Paint Police!!!***

*** You have been complaining about some excellent work! We cannot have that now can we?***

*** This is your final warning, next time you WILL admit that this is a masterpiece***

***Have a nice day***

• Like 7

You complaign too much! Lol ::): the figure is perfect.

If anything could be improved, it would be the base. The snow is too white and uniform for the awesomely painted mini.ad some variaton in the snow (both level and color) maybe add a tuft of weeds/grass sticking through and you may be hapier about it

• Like 1

He looks great.  If I had to criticize something I'd say he has too much of the grey-green going on and needs a touch of red of blue as a focal point somewhere. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this