Sign in to follow this  
AEdge

02295: King Jurgen Heyerdal

I think he looks great.

Hmm, maybe it's that interior of the cloak being too close to his hair color?

• Like 1

You complain too much.  He looks great.  I particularly like the gradient of colors on the back of the cloak -- makes it feel much more like a real animal pelt than a single solid color would.

• Like 2

His cloak is wonderful! I actually think he looks great! Most times we are our own worst critics.

• Like 1

The cloak is beautiful.

His general color scheme might be just a little flat. The shadows and contrasts are excellent, but the basic colors of his tunic, the cloak interior, his coloration and the weaponry all fall within a fairly narrow range of hue, value, and chroma.

But really he is silvery and subtle and beautifully painted.

(Just as a humorous observation, this figure is blatantly a riff on the classic old Marvel Comics Thor from the 1960s and 70s. You can see the echo of Jack Kirby's costume design in his outfit, and his name appears to be a portmanteau of forensic medicine historian Jürgen Thorwald and Norwegian ethnographer Thor Heyerdahl.)

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 2

That fur is marvelous! From the front,the colors aren't as striking as those you used on your other minis.

I'll gladly take him off your hands though, all your minis are amazing. Still waiting for you to make a "how to paint" YouTube. Whatever you're doing, I wanna do that.

• Like 1

***** Ok Buddy, This is the Paint Police!!!***

*** You have been complaining about some excellent work! We cannot have that now can we?***

*** This is your final warning, next time you WILL admit that this is a masterpiece***

***Have a nice day***

• Like 7

You complaign too much! Lol ::): the figure is perfect.

If anything could be improved, it would be the base. The snow is too white and uniform for the awesomely painted mini.ad some variaton in the snow (both level and color) maybe add a tuft of weeds/grass sticking through and you may be hapier about it

• Like 1

He looks great.  If I had to criticize something I'd say he has too much of the grey-green going on and needs a touch of red of blue as a focal point somewhere. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iridil
      So my fellow players wanted to get Hero Forge custom characters, and as the only painter in the group I did them up. The bard was in metal, the other two in resin. My goodness are the surfaces rough and the detail shallow! I was a bit embarrassed to hand them over, but they really liked them - it was super important that the figure was exactly the design they wanted. It was an interesting bit of calibration for me and how to enjoy the imperfect. I think the barbarian came out the best and my favorite bit to paint was the violin.

• By Glitterwolf
      Artisan Guild 3D Design.
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars.

Part of my Horde of the North Project.
      WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79398-horde-of-the-north-glitterwolf-paints-barbarians-and-mammoths/&tab=comments#comment-1686478

Here she is.
      For those interested she is a free sample on Thingieverse.

• By Vytau
      So here is one of two converted Kang, Half-Orcs (02514) I've done.  Pretty sure I posted the other one around here somewhere...maybe I'll try to dig it up later for a side-by-side. 

Anyway, here goes:  

Kang Half-Orc converted to carry a Reaper Bow in his left hand  and a battleaxe in his right (the plastic Bones 3 weapon sprues).  Also has a shield (a GW bit from a really old Brettonian knight) and a GW quiver (Mordheim / Empire free company).   Shield painted purple and yellow because I like color and I get bored painting "realistic" neutrals & darks & such.  As always, my mini photography skills are complete butt thanks in part to using a really cheap light box and a really cheap camera phone.  

99% reaper paints:  Olive triad mixed with scholar flesh, pure black and white, woodland brown, ashen brown, white metal triad, various washes. 

This mini actually has kind of a weird story.  

This mini represents my character Zarkosh Bowyer in a short Wildemount campaign.  This campaign is being played 100% online thanks to COVID-19, so he is 100% unnecessary.  Same goes for another mini I painted (Duke Gerard in Bones and Metal) which was for a DIFFERENT 100% online campaign.  But that's only part of the backstory. 

I actually BOUGHT this miniature back in like 2004.  I bought two of him - my friend & roommate and I decided to play Barbarian brothers from the same tribe.  I converted and painted mine to carry a war hammer and a shield.  My roommate never got around to doing anything with his, and so it went back in my "Someday" box.  

For sixteen years. 

Anyway, I finally got around to doing something with the mini - hopefully, Zarkosh does better in this campaign than the previous character incarnating the mini did in his!  

May come back and tidy up some edges & half-tones, may not.  Don't know how much more time I want to give this one.  Probably won't get TONS better than it is now, so here we go. 

• By primeval
      I just finished up this miniature - it is sculpted by Reaper veteran Matt Gubser and is based on concept art and ideas from myself and Byron Roberts (the creator of Caylen-Tor in his fiction and his lyrics for the mighty Bal-Sagoth).

• By Citrine
      Been on a painting spree these last few months, in fact Cassie is mini 52 painted so far this year, out of my original goal of painting 50 all year.

First up is Elliwyn Heatherlark, Gnome Bard (SKU 77164) which is the bones version.  The details were a bit soft, but she is totally serviceable for table-top.

Next up, Blink Berenwicket (SKU 3689), the super spunky female gnome warrior in metal.  The sword didn't really turn out, and I should have had a side view...  Metals are shaded metallics.

And last but not least, Cassie, Female Gnome Wizard (SKU 77031) in bones and mini number 52 of the year.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)