So I picked this up from the $5 box at Sarge's Comics in New London, CT....

Just an exercise in GW metallics so far, starting with Tin Bitz, Brazen Brass, Dwarf Bronze, and Shining Gold, with MSP Leather White on the coals...post-14271-0-46026000-1467173316.jpg post-14271-0-41669600-1467173317.jpg post-14271-0-45794800-1467173318.jpg post-14271-0-57774500-1467173319.jpg 

Thanks for looking!

George

• Like 11
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!

I own all of those GW paints too, but I must say, they look good, but the coverage is so-so.

Nowadays I prefer the Scale 75 metallics. Much better coverage.

That being said, nice job!

• Like 1

Nice!

I own all of those GW paints too, but I must say, they look good, but the coverage is so-so.

Nowadays I prefer the Scale 75 metallics. Much better coverage.

That being said, nice job!

As a rule, I much prefer the Scale 75, but I had some of the GW out for the Xorn, so I decided to run with it.....

The GW seems to be blending nicely to!....

More practice......

• Like 1

Pretty much finished, until I looked at these pics,,,,

post-14271-0-70569900-1467775745.jpg post-14271-0-39767600-1467775746.jpg post-14271-0-10058600-1467775747.jpg

I was trying for 'the Charcoal brickettes in the grill' look for the 'flame' but it looks like I am going to have to go back to the drawing board....

Suggestions??

Thanks!

George

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 2

I'd give those bricks a black wash.

See how that comes out, then highlight some reds/orange for the glow.

You want to show smouldering ashes, but you need a touch of black still.

So I went back and re did the coals after looking at images of charcoal and coal burning....

Still didn't come out the way I wanted, but passable enough for table top use....

post-14271-0-26181800-1468051113.jpg post-14271-0-36176600-1468051114.jpg post-14271-0-09345800-1468051115.jpg post-14271-0-96097100-1468051117.jpg

Thanks for looking!

George

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knarthex
      So....
      Cinder didn't work out for my return to hobbying, so I decided to try something a bit less ambitious....

Reading back through past projects, I saw one of the hangout minis of the month was Blacktounge, Gnoll Ranger from Reaper, and remembered that I had picked up this set at a paint day with the New England Miniatures folks at the Citadel games store....

I figure if I can follow my old WIP, I won't be stressing to much, and I will have another figure to add to the Frostgrave warband that was started so long ago,,,,

So the 2 got assembled and puttied, and now the never ending search for minor mold lines can begin when the putty is dry...

thanks for taking a look!
      Wish me luck!!!!

• By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...

On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.

• By Chaoswolf
      I just finished painting this figure yesterday. It's from the old Grenadier boxed set 'Fighting Men' #2005. Not really a whole lot to say about him, I spent about 3 hours painting him to a good tabletop level. I got a little burned out on painting for a while, feeling like I had to paint everything to a competition level. Well, sometimes it's just fun to slap some paint on a figure in a few hours just to take your mind off of other things. I had just forgotten that somewhere along the way.

Anyhow, here he is, let me know what you think.

• By knarthex
      SO....

Due to Brain Weasels and other Real Life Issues, I haven't been doing much, really almost no, fantasy painting...
      One of the things I have been doing is looking at old WIPs, and suddenly the desire to paint a DRAGON, came over me....

So here is the start of my new work on Cinder, #10014, in METAL...

Hopefully, I can keep up the sudden burst of enthusiasm....

So planning on mold line hunting, and trying to decide what color to paint this dragon...
      As I am old school, the webbing between the back spines is leading me to green, but need to check the books to see which way to go....

About time you returned from the place I couldn't reach you minion......

OMG, please not again....

any and all comments gratefully ignored....
      Knarthex
    • By Glitterwolf
      This is a vintage mini, Grenadier Dragonman Sorcerer, I got it from a BOGW a few years ago.

I will use him as a Demon Officer in my Children of the Grave army, because I think he looks a bit like a classic Demon.

WIP
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/&page=4

Enjoy!

• Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)