While we're finalizing the details that will enable us to get the admission tickets online, we've added some information to the site about the factions that are vying for control at this year's ReaperCon, and made a mechanism to allow you to choose a side!

https://reapercon.com/factions

There's 4 teams out there each with their own heroes and agendas, and you can choose a side to represent at the show! Every event (class, game, panel, seminar, etc.) that you participate in will earn points for your faction, and at the end of the show, one team will be declared the winner!

So go check out who's fighting who, and check out the thumbnail sketches that will very soon become concept art for 4 all-new ReaperCon2016 themed miniatures!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pat pat TGP. Copied and pasted-ish for those that cannot access the link properly. More information hidden behind the spoiler buttons.

Factions Choose your side!
2016Factions.jpg
BonehengeTitle.png

Covenant.jpg

"Be careful where thou wilt tread, for the light is just as blinding as the darkness, and terror most foul awaits within both.â€
- Andowyn Thrushmoor, Bonehenge Witch

The Bonhenge Covenant takes its name from a windswept tor topped with rings of giant fossilized bones of some forgotten primeval beasts. This mysterious coven is devoted to maintaining balance in the world through any means necessary. They walk in the shadows between light and dark, dabbling in forces divine and malignant, for their own inscrutable ends. Members include a fair number of witches and warlocks but also include pragmatic druids, unhinged shamans, and sorcerers of dubious pedigree.

CthonTitle.png

Cthon.jpg

"Suffering. Pain. Hunger. Death. These are the things of which my Masters know nothing, nor do they comprehend."
- The Red Herald

In the gulf between the stars and space, beyond human comprehension, terrible, slithering things writhe and twist. There are some who seek the secrets of these monstrous beings. Nothing good can be said of this cult whose members are malevolent, corrupting, and alien. These servants of darkness summon and wallow in otherworldly energies, consorting with beings beyond time and space. In time their flesh melts, and their minds shatter leaving naught but hostile, monstrous flesh.

DuskwardensTitle.png

Duskwardens.jpg

"We are all that stands between you and the slavering jaws and grasping claws of the ever-hungry night." 
- Jakob Knochengard, Duskwarden Captain

This band of slayers attracts all manner of folk to their ranks: noble knights and paladins, vengeful lovers, adventure-hungry sell-swords, professional monster hunters, pious exorcists, and religious fanatics. All share one thing in common - they have lost someone dear to a creature of the night. They travel the length and breadth of civilization protecting villages, homes, and caravans from sunrise to sundown. These grim-faced pilgrims are pledged to run Evil to ground and eradicate it with fire and steel.

KnightsTitle.png

Knights.jpg

"Come to me, caress me as you would a lover, and let my kiss send you to the never-ending darkness…"
- D'Vandra Lukeisa, Seneschal of the Maggotcrown

Life is fleeting, death is eternal. The realm of living flesh is at best a diversion, at worst an abomination, unnatural, and superficial. The Knights of the Maggotcrown counts many varieties of spook and fiend among their numbers - revenants, wraiths, vampires, liches. However, not all members of this faction are undead. Those who still live include morbid necromancers, ruthless mail-clad barbarians, cunning assassin cultists, and dirge-crooning skalds.

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 3

So many to choose from!! Hopefully this year the factions will have a more even amount between them. Granted it is by people's choice but that year with the pirates theme with almost everyone choosing the female pirate's faction it felt off. Razig!!!!

I will admit I was hoping for a familiar faction, like Razig was that year. Will make choosing a bit harder this time. ::):

• Like 1
  • Reaper User

Oooh, this is cool! So there were factions in previous years? I'm torn between two at the moment, but I think I know my final choice...

Yup, for the past many years we've created four distinct factions to rumble in our official tabletop rpg events. The first year I wrote/ran the events it was fantasy pirates, the second year dark steampunk carnival, then fantasy western, last year was sci-fi. This is the fifth year.

>>ReapaerWolf

• Reaper User

So many to choose from!! Hopefully this year the factions will have a more even amount between them. Granted it is by people's choice but that year with the pirates theme with almost everyone choosing the female pirate's faction it felt off. Razig!!!!

I will admit I was hoping for a familiar faction, like Razig was that year. Will make choosing a bit harder this time. ::):

Stormchasers were led by a woman but weren't exclusively female. :)

• Like 1