• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, we had a choice as to which faction we would be a member of? I also just got assigned to Maggotcrown (there may have been a pointy talking hat involved) when I registered. I assume that I still am due to the purple skull background when I log in.

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but browsing for and registering for my classes on my phone was a bit tricky due to the purple background covering large parts of the charts, making reading very difficult. I managed, but I assumed it was cool Reaper themed background until I saw that it was a faction pattern.

Of course, I have no problems keeping this faction. I don't want to make a hard job even harder for Bryan. Perhaps I made a newbie mistake when I was registering?

You can still change your faction, just go to reapercon.com/factions and choose one.

And I became aware of the unreadability of the class grid on mobile the day *after* they went online, it's fixed now and I'm sorry for that.

Wait, we had a choice as to which faction we would be a member of? I also just got assigned to Maggotcrown (there may have been a pointy talking hat involved) when I registered. I assume that I still am due to the purple skull background when I log in.

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but browsing for and registering for my classes on my phone was a bit tricky due to the purple background covering large parts of the charts, making reading very difficult. I managed, but I assumed it was cool Reaper themed background until I saw that it was a faction pattern.

Of course, I have no problems keeping this faction. I don't want to make a hard job even harder for Bryan. Perhaps I made a newbie mistake when I was registering?

You can still change your faction, just go to reapercon.com/factions and choose one.

And I became aware of the unreadability of the class grid on mobile the day *after* they went online, it's fixed now and I'm sorry for that.

There is nothing to be sorry for! You guys are fantastic!

• Like 2

Go to the first post in this thread and click on the link to choose your faction...

It confused me on how official this was.

I finally registered today, and I had no idea how to choose your faction. And clicking on the "choose your faction" link only changed the background, so I have no idea of knowing if it was a real faction choice or just a cosmetic one.

Go to the first post in this thread and click on the link to choose your faction...

I finally registered today, and I had no idea how to choose your faction. And clicking on the "choose your faction" link only changed the background, so I have no idea of knowing if it was a real faction choice or just a cosmetic one.

Cranky Dog, it's an Official Thing and the choice makes a small difference in your swag bag, you'll get the min for your faction though the rest will be for sale and will boost your faction's numbers for UnOfficial Bragging Rights .

P.S. Duskwardens is where it's at and you should join us in the fight against EVIL.

P.P.S. Although if you like underdogs, Maggotcrown currently has the fewest member.

• Like 1

Cranky Dog, it's an Official Thing and the choice makes a small difference in your swag bag, you'll get the min for your faction though the rest will be for sale and will boost your faction's numbers for UnOfficial Bragging Rights .

Oh, I know all that. (Go Go Team Space Madness of Unnameable Horrors!)

It's just that I don't see anything in my account that says what I chose aside from the background picture.

Edited by Cranky Dog

And if it doesn't show up in your itinerary, you might be able to log out and log in again to get it to show up. (I've only been able to see it on the second login of a session.)

Well look it that. Mine now says "You are representing the Disciples of Cthon".

Mind you, it doesn't exactly stand out.

Side question: Anybody know where I could find a tentacle to shove up my nose? Preferably I'd be able to breath through it.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1

And if it doesn't show up in your itinerary, you might be able to log out and log in again to get it to show up. (I've only been able to see it on the second login of a session.)

Well look it that. Mine now says "You are representing the Disciples of Cthon".

Mind you, it doesn't exactly stand out.

Side question: Anybody know where I could find a tentacle to shove up my nose? Preferably I'd be able to breath through it.

Ask Buglips....

Anyone know what the games for the official factions are? they are mostly on thursday.

There's 3 on Thursday, 3 Friday, 3 Saturday, and 1 Sunday.

All of the events on the "Chaney" table.

So we are aware that when you buy multiple tickets on one account, they are all "linked" to the same faction. This has raised a lot of questions about the faction minis, and who gets the points for events, etc.

Here's the solution (there will be a more comprehensive write-up posted on reapercon.com, here, Facebook, tumblr, etc. once TPTB have approved the final wording):

At the registration desk, you will be asked to confirm your faction miniature selection. We will then give you the appropriate mini(s) for the faction(s) you specify. If you have 2 badges, you may tell us 2 factions, 3 = 3, etc.

When you participate in activities which award your faction points, like wearing a costume, or taking a class, plying a game, or so on, you will receive a token. We will have, near the registration area (probably!) 4 faction scoreboards. Simply take your token(s) to the faction scoreboard(s) you support, and apply them. (tokens are pretty much stickers).

In this way, you can apply your tokens to whichever faction you like - and other guests may do so as well. This also means that yes, you can apply your tokens to multiple different factions, if you want.

So in one example, you and your partner and your child might have each earned 100 points. This would be 10 tokens each. You might take your 10 tokens and apply them all to Disciples of Cthon. Your partner can take their 10 tokens and, feeling impish, apply 7 tokens to Duskwardens, and 3 tokens to Bonehenge, because your partner is particularly fond of both. And your child might take their 10 tokens, and apply 2 to each board, reserving the final two to add one extra to Bonehenge and one extra to Maggotcrown, in an attempt to rebel against you both. When it's all said and done, then, your 300 points were split as 120 points to Cthon, 90 to Duskwardens, 60 to Bonehenge, and 30 to Maggotcrown. Looks like Maggotcrown has some catching up to do, else the Dreadmere will fall beyond their grasp and cthon will prevail!