Sign in to follow this  
Patrik Strom

Argia Tholos, Hasslefree Miniatures

Man, I hate learning things the hard way. This is Argia Tholos from Hasslefree Miniatures and the original figure is bald. Which she was up until I saw the result of my second layer of floor polish to varnish the figure. She had been hanging upside down to dry which had created a egg head effect when the floor polish collected on the top of her head. I tried to cut it off but eventually was forced to scalp her completely. That resulted in a mark down to the skull which would have been kind of neat if I had painted her up as a zombie. Since I wasn't doing that I was forced to break out some milliput and use my non existent sculpting talents to try and save the situation. It could definitely have been worse, but it could also have been much much better. Although there's nothing I can do about that now.

Looking past the major varnish failure I was really happy with the result. The resulting miniature post "Project save face" is acceptable. Perhaps abit to much orange all around? Should I have gone for a different hair color?

post-6964-0-61502400-1467415436_thumb.jpg

post-6964-0-41144900-1467415438_thumb.jpg

post-6964-0-07482000-1467415440_thumb.jpg

post-6964-0-26267800-1467415442_thumb.jpg

post-6964-0-90494200-1467415443.jpg

• Like 18

the orange is fine ... you just need some variation in the hair to show strands of hair versus a single solid color.

• Like 3

Thanks! That is not a bad idea. I tried to make some locks in the milliput but I'm not a sculptor at all, but I could have tried to paint some on. Bears thinking about.

• Like 2

She looks good, and nice save!

I think a different hair col might have been better, though.

• Like 1