I like her!

She looks good.

About that freehand, if you want to do one, do it!
Practice is all that you need.

Take a look at Saxon and Viking shield designs, not all are extremely difficult.

Practice a bit on paper and do it!!

You will feel that you get better with every time!

• Like 2

Thanks!

About that freehand, if you want to do one, do it!

Practice is all that you need.

Take a look at Saxon and Viking shield designs, not all are extremely difficult.

Practice a bit on paper and do it!!

You will feel that you get better with every time!

Yeah, you're right. Mostly even a poor free hand is better than no free hand at all on a shield (unless it's already got something else going on). My only "worry" right now is that I'm trying to get stuff done pretty quickly and screwing up something with a fugly pattern can off set a fair bit of work.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Finally got back on to some painting.  It was a minor win, but just basing this dude feels good to be done.  One cool thing i thought was fun is that i put a footprint in the mud under his left foot.  Kind of a small, but cool detail. 

Done. 
    • By Iridil
      Finally painted her up! Is that a wolf head, an elf head, or... your friend's head in the sack? Can't see too well in the photos, but I did add some blood...

• By Inarah
      This is a Patrick Keith sculpt  from the Warlord range and I have loved it since it came out years ago.  She would be a really cool player character, I don't know why we don't see her more often.  Great dynamic movement with this one.  Anyway, I threw some color on her, so maybe she'll end up on the table one day. 

• By Inarah
      Here is Lashana, bad-elf female warrior-wizard. I was inspired by a movie I saw recently.  Really enjoyed working with the red and orange colors.  I like how non-traditional and energizing the color scheme is. 

• By bblythe84
      I painted her up as a fun project. Let me know what you think. 

I am trying to improve my painting abilities.

The purple marking on her thigh was supposed to be a skull tattoo, it didn't really work as well as I had hoped.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 2 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)