Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Sokar's Disciple, Nefsokar Mage - 14243

Well, he's clearly bad to the bone and drinks alone--so, an immortal George Thorogood?  :devil:

• Like 1

The glowy eye on his standard is amazing, but my favorite part of your paint job is his cape. I just love the colors you used. They make it look magical.

You really brought out the best in this figure. 

• Like 1

The glowy eye on his standard is amazing, but my favorite part of your paint job is his cape. I just love the colors you used. They make it look magical.

You really brought out the best in this figure.

cape was tougher than the eye. I wanted it to have a dirty look, but also new he needed some color. So I did a very dark blue and tried to highlight where I could. It was a very different look for me.

Also, every which way I studied it, the cape appears to end/attach at his shoulders. I was trying to figure out what that cloth was on his chest..leather armor? Some kind of undergarment? I went with tattered undergarment and brought in a little more color with purple. Sometimes I just see things differently too. Not a whole lot of reference material with this guy!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      Bob Ridolfi's Graveflesh Servant (aka Bride of Frankenstein) in Bones.  I tried to get some different flesh tones on her various parts, do some bruising at the wounds, and not-exactly-sheer fabric effects.  Spent far less time on it than I should have.  

• By Inarah
      Sculpted by Patrick Keith.  Having fun experimenting with yellow shading and GW Contrast paints.  No basing yet, all my stuff is packed. 

• By Darcstaar
      This was one of two figures I painted for @Fealron for the Secret Sophie this year.

His ideas were Metal, minimal basing for gaming use, a woodland creature, usually considered good but turned to evil, and a minion of a necromancer.

After thinking a while, I decided I could knock out all his ideas with some evil unicorns.

Here is the second.  Maybe once the prior unicorn charmed by a necromancer does, he raised it as a skeleton, and put another minion on top.

Here are the WIP shots:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/90618-02631-skeletal-cavalry-project-2-of-2-for-fealron/

I magnetized the mount and rider.
      I had a lot of fun with these, and definitely bittersweet to part with them!

Thanks for looking.
      C&C Welcome
    • By TGP
      Subtitle: Whaaaat!?  Pendrake painted something?

This was an exercise in improvisation. People like to use the google hangouts to have painting sessions. But, all my painting stuff normally lives in the next room away from the computational machine. But some of it had gotten waylaid and dropped off in the wrong room so I decided to see if I could manage something. @knarthex was in the hangouts painting tiny CamelFlag patterns on tiny NATO troopers at the same time. 

Here is Galladorn getting a bath in Simple Green diluted with water. The plastic bag is the type I use mostly for sorting Miniatures. File this under: how to mess with gooey-green cleaners and stuff near expensive equipment. 

Next he got buried in paper towels to dry off. 

#Searchwords
      TGPTGP;  Wizard, Flaming Sword; tabletop; Bones;
    • By NyarlaBcn
      Sartzanek, the mad archmage! Twisted like an iron pole struck by lightning. On another world, on another time, he says he was Blackcloack, the lord of an infinite dungeon. On sundays he is Zifnab and White Jenkins, the small aberration on his shoulder, secretly a dragon. For a while he liked to play games with adventurers and claimed his name was Penthos. 
      Who knows, really. He may just be an old lunatic. Or maybe a sorcerer like no other... you decide. At your own risk. 

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)