• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Snake Guy turned out SPLENDIDLY. I love your color choices AND the brushwork is TERRIFICOUTSTANDING WORK!

Thx Al, Glad you appreciate him!

Looks great. Nice patina on the shield.

Thx, the Verdigris is from Vallejo, That and a few different metals from P3 and Scale 75 made a nice worn shield.

I think I will do this more often in my Lost World Army.

Thx people,

Your comments are very motivating, appreciated!

Serpentmen are second only to barbarians for me, so......instead of barbaric splendor - Ophidian Menace!

Then you're in for a treat, I'm building an Army ( see my sig - Lost World) Many reptiles, amphibians, dinos and even some mammals and terrorbirds will find their way to the forum.

Many snakes and serpentmen among them.

I will paint every single warrior as an individual, so the army will look like a very colourful bunch.

I love reptiles, I used to keep lizards, turtles, newts and frogs in my youth.

So I'm heavily inspired by nature.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Samedi
      I love doing WIPs. And I've got a lot projects I should finish 😊. And since there is still no progress with Barros and Tempest (this time because I'm still waiting for a new base to be shipped), why not start something new?

I've yet to paint my first dragon, so I'll use this opportunity to do it. I confess, I'm cheating a bit here, since I'm going to paint the white dragon by Dark Sword Minis - that's a very small dragon. But still, he's got wings and teeth and claws and scales, so definitely a dragon, yessir!

I absolutely love this mini. I bought it many years ago, but the horns went missing. Fortunately, when I ordered some more minis from Dark Sword a while ago, I was able to order some spare horns, so now I'm good to go.

Here he is, assembled and prepped:

Now I have to decide on a paint scheme, which I can't bring myself to do. There are three ideas I have at the moment:

paint him up as an ice dragon. I'm thinking white with pinkish/greenish undertones and a base made with transparent crackle paint. There was a very cool version of an Ice Dragon a while ago on this forum, but I can't seem to find it any more.  paint him up as a star dragon using the technique I learned at RVE in Kevin Holderny's class. I used it on a coat so far, maybe it looks very cool on the dragon's wings. paint him up as a real world snake. Now there are so many possibilities...  
      Decisions, decisions...

Some more work on the base.
    • By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here's a two-piece model I painted for my current D&D campaign. Strongly attached to the Halloween theme 77540, Large Sarcophagus sculpted by Kevin Williams. A place of eternal rest, unless there are ghouls around.

• By Glitterwolf
      I will paint and create a Reptilian Army pure for fun.

It will consists of many different kind of Reptiles and Amphibians.
      Mostly Snakemen, Lizardmen, Frogmen, Dragonmen, Turtlemen, Fishmen, Dinosaurs and Insects.

I will happily include any monster I think will fit.
      A Tarrasque will be the centrepiece at some sort as the Living Lizard God.

I do not play any games, so this will be pure for my own and (I hope your)  fun to create.

EDIT: The above was my original plan, over time and thanks to the comments made by other Forumites, this has developed into a story.
                This resulted in more Factions I wanted to build and paint, so this Project now also includes Pirates, Conquistadores, Native Warriors based on Inca/Aztec/Maya cultures.

EDIT: And now it will also include Undead!

Captain Luigiano and his army had been travelling through the jungle for weeks now.
      The sunlight was blocked by the dense canopy of trees.
      Some of the men had contracted fever, and those darn mosquitos were a big nuisance!

He looked at the golden plaque he had obtained.
      Gold, with a snakeman made out of gems on it.
      With this he had convinced the men to follow him.
      Somewhere in this accursed jungle there was a city made of gold, he was sure of it.

They would conquer this city and become rich beyond belief.
      He looked at his army, they even had a few cannons.
      Nothing would stop them!

Finally they reached a clearance.
      The men were pleased, at least they could see the sun again.
      They took a rest and a drink, tended to the sick.

Suddenly they heard a loud roar from the other side of the clearing.
      Birds flew away, trees where falling!

Some poison darts flew and two soldiers fell, they died before they hit the ground.
      A loud roar and an enormous terrifying Lizard appeared.
      One soldier died out of fear from just looking at it.

Then the Reptilian Horde emerged from the Jungle.

• By Waylandrk
      Wasn't totally happy with how this came out. I wanted a reptilian version of a tiger pattern for stalking in the jungle. Colour scheme worked I think and overall it's a great model but it has some issues I struggled with. 

It's not symmetrical, the ridges and scales on each side are in different places and don't align making the patterning problematic. That coupled with the fact that some of the larger scales fade out and a lot of the smaller scales are almost indistinct took some of the fun out if it. Normally I enjoy doing scales and applying washes and dry rushing as well as picking out patterns on individual scales but this was hard work.

Will still make the kids worry when it hits the tabletop though 🙂

• By R2ED
      Here we go with another Nagendra.  Trying new colors each time I do them to try and have some fun with scales.  What I need to do on my next one is some kind of combination with yellow.  Something more challenging to work with to make it fun (or completely ruin it).  

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      * Combo of golds and brown seemed to do alright.
      *  Felt brave enough to use an oil wash this time.  It's frustrating because I'm always afraid it's going to ruin the work I put in, but at the same time, the results could be awesome.  The wash is on the scales, and the shield.  I tried it on the sword, but it didn't lay into the lettering strong enough.
      *  The scales were good after the oil wash but needed a 'pop'. I went back and hit diagonally adjacent scales with a cream color.  Gave it a cool pattern without overwhelming the look.  I did my last one with an organic here or there approach.  This was more pattern driven.  Doing something like a diamond back would be a challenge worth doing.

Misses:
      *  The sword did not come out as I had hoped.  It looks washed out and the runes on it are less than ideal.  Could use some fix ideas for this.
      *  The shield also is missing...something.  I don't know what it is, but there's nothing really cool about it.
      *  Eyes are so small on this model it's hard to do anything fun.  I made them black with yellow slits, but you can't really see them due to the size.  Anyone else struggle with eyes that are too small to really detail?  Or have a solution worth trying?
      *  This one just didn't have the same pop effect I'd hoped for.  I'm not sure what's mising, but it's something.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)