This is 10052 - Glacia the Winter Witch from Bombshell Miniatures. I'm doing this figure not as a winter witch, but rather as an Islander pirate shapeshifter sorceress for a friend as a thank you for doing me a huge personal favor. First off I've added a skull to her belt instead of the snowflake that was there previously. Then I added some green stuff to fill out the belt itself and give it more bulk as well as fill the gaps between the skull and the metal.

The base is the uneven planks happy seppuku stamp in sculpey.

Inspiration picture-post-7987-0-90439400-1467583268_thumb.png

post-7987-0-88353400-1467576674_thumb.jpegpost-7987-0-11208800-1467576683_thumb.jpegpost-7987-0-47786300-1467576691_thumb.jpegpost-7987-0-78756100-1467576700_thumb.jpeg

Going to try to get this done over the next few days.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 22
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the deck planking base. Used a lot of inks - Burnt Umber, Burnt sienna, raw sienna, reaper MSP stained ivory and pumpkin orange.

post-7987-0-14527100-1467583488_thumb.jpeg

Thoughts? Look good or do I need to do anything else to it!

• Like 12

I would recommend letting the base sit until you have finished the mini.

Then you can look at the base and incorporate the colors from the mini to enhance the base.

Looking at the base now, I say.. Needs highlights, but you are no where near putting in a highlight, since

you still have color to do on the mini (in my humble opinion).  Love the face development though !

Go UB3R GO !

• Like 7

I'm actually using a lot (most) of the same colors on her skin as I did on her base. I may add more highlights to the base tho, it's missing something to me and I think a light drybrush of an off white may be what that base needs.

Looking to keep the base simple and effective as its for my friend's game and not display.

• Like 5

Looked more closely at the figure and figure concept art and realized she's showing a lot more skin than I originally thought. It's a happy accident as the inspiration pic has more skin showing too!

Here's where I'm at now-

post-7987-0-79770800-1467589353_thumb.jpeg

• Like 21

This mini was one of my favorites from Patrick this time round. I love the inspiration pic and the added details especially the skull.

I agree the base looks much better now, it appeared too flat at first now it shows the texture much better. I'm not sure how far along you are with her skin, but the color is  looking awesome. I know you aren't done yet but right now her tribal tattoos steal the show a bit for her face rather than her eyes. Where the inspiration pic I am immediately drawn to the eyes and are the brightest focal point. Otherwise I love the direction you are going and I am sure she will look great on the game table.

Looking forward to seeing her progress.

• Like 3

It's looking really great.  I can't wait to put her into action.  She's the Pirate Captain in charge of the player's characters as her Boarding Party / Away Team.

If anyone would like to read up on Ravana, Captain of the Mourner's Veil, you can find her full description and learn about her true identity on Google Drive.

Ravana's picture is a combination of an original creation from an online artist and some edits I made ... like the tattoos, eyes, the power on her hand, and some of the gear.

Luckily, none of my players are on Reaper.  Though you have seen me post their efforts under our local Paint Day thread.

The campaign we're doing is a "build as we go" world where, like Shannara, they come across artifacts and places from "Earth" but the world has changed considerably.

Each of the PCs are non-standard races ... including a grippli, a lizardman, a pellyte (home-brew half-trolls), an ogre, a hadozee, and a grimlock.

They've found three major magical items that they are allowed to use per the captain, a Helmet, a Shield and a Sword.  Two of which are artifacts of old-Aerth.

If you want to know more about their adventures and such, I can be coerced into posting stories as I get around to writing them.

• Like 7

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KruleBear
      This one has been on the desk for a long time. I really like the sculpt, but the cast is a pain as I find most of the older human sized Bones models. The Face was atrocious. Luckily he has a big hat. The photos are washed out but give a good idea of how he looks. He is too shiny for my tastes as the newer Testors Dullcote doesn’t seem to work as good as it used to. Unsure how I ended up going from a coal black duster to green, other than I had too much green paint out for the Marines I was trying to get off the shelf of shame. 

One down and thousands to go! 😀

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you Reaper people!

So, Bones V will be hopefully arriving in the next few months, and one thing I told myself was that before I got my package, I wanted to finish the smaller Yephima sculpt before the new and larger Yephima shows up at my door.  I really love both versions, and I just wish this Yephima would be available in metal.

I tried painting her already years ago, started even a WIP in the forum, which I'd have to hunt down. My original thought was make her a very, dark dusky color and blonde hair with pinks and oranges, but at one point my inspiration went awry and I stopped painting her probably to be an eternal WIP.  But then a few years later, I got a new copy and this one I did more sky blue and blonde, but it doesn't look as pinkish as I originally had thought.  I also think I made my metals way too blue, but oh well. I actually enjoyed painting this lady to the degree that I could see myself painting her again with a different color scheme. One of the other benefits of Bones is the cost, I can grab a new one quickly for around 7.00, so that's also a nice Bones bonus!
      Anyhoos, here she is:

With such a big model, after taking photos, I can see so many glaring issues, but oh well, not going to let myself worry about it too much and will rather maybe go back and paint her up gain some day, incorporating a few fixes. 
    • By Citrine
      My son's girlfriend stayed with us a week in the middle of May and I ran a Savage World WW2 horror one-shot.  Tillie here was one of the pre-generated characters I had ready, but she was not picked by any of the 3 players (my husband, my son and girlfriend).

Bombshell Miniatures 10024 Tillie the Pilot

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/bikes-and-bots-3d-printable-tabletop-models?ref=user_menu

Story
      FREE Robot Model!
      Just for checking out our BIKES & BOTS Kickstarter Campaign you can download this FREE HLpR Bot model and print it now!
      Download your FREE HLpR Bot model now! Revv up your Rocket Bikes and get your Bot on with this collection of retro Atomic Sci-Fi inspired vehicles and robots ready to populate your tabletop games!
      This campaign provides quality character & vehicle miniatures, scatter terrain, scenic pieces, and more for you to print at home on your own resin 3D or FDM printers. The rewards are for digtial STL files to print the models shown and are inteneded to be used in the most popular tabletop gaming scales such as 28-32mm. There are many items that would be suitable for all manner of sci-fi, atompunk, dieselpunk, and pulp miniatures games and RPG settings.
      PLEASE NOTE - This Kickstarter is for digital files (STLs) to make all these items on your own home 3D printer - these are not physical items ** 
      Sample 3D printed robots Sample 3D printed robots  Here are all of the model STL files you will receive, plus any unlocked stretch goals, alternate modular parts, and bonus models added over the course of the campaign.
    • By GlenP
      This Bombshell Miniatures' 75mm resin Tara purchased at last year's ReaperCon. She's actually a skosh over 80mm. She's also listed as 1/24th scale, which puts her a tad over six feet. The kit is four pieces - body/legs/upper arms/head, lower arms incorporating a head and sword, and a small rocky base.  The body is well toned with noticeable muscle definition. My example had a large resin blob hanging down betwixt her legs (the one time I don't check a figure for issues/parts). Anywho, Dremel to the rescue. I routed out the blob and reshaped her thighs. Since her skirt is very short, I painted in a pair of expensive solid black tactical La Perla boyshorts. Nuthin' but the best... The rest is of the casting was fine although the sword scaled out to over 40 inches and was too thick. I took some of the length off and thinned it down. I also added a scabbard, since none was included. An odd omission... I also added a secondary weapon in the form of a boot knife. The skin tones are the new Bones colors and, since she has a barbarian look about her, I imparted a somewhat dirty and sweaty look to her - no smooth boudoir look transitions here. I also toned down the highlights in her hair - barbarian vs shampoo commercial. I did add a bit of makeup to her face (contradictory, I know). All other paints are Reaper's MSPs. The base was extended with Aves Apoxie Sculpt, stippled with an old oil painting brush with kitty litter rocks and pebbles. I added pointed ears to the severed head, and painted it using the Dark Elf Skin triad.

Qs and Cs welcomed.

Glen

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)