Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

Mariel Twinspar, Female Pirate (77135) (Bones)

Nice job!  I like the decorations on the coat (though I wonder if it was a practice run for doing some free hand on your sigilist?).

Since I always imagine every mini you paint ending up in Frostgrave, I was suddenly envisioning an all-pirate warband showing up to the frozen city OR a wizard and apprentice who hire on a gang of the scurvy dogs.  It could be an interesting group.

Still, staying on focus with this, a really nice paint job on her and the subtlety of the outfit making the coat stand out more by contrast was a really nice touch!

• Like 2

Nice job!  I like the decorations on the coat (though I wonder if it was a practice run for doing some free hand on your sigilist?).

Since I always imagine every mini you paint ending up in Frostgrave, I was suddenly envisioning an all-pirate warband showing up to the frozen city OR a wizard and apprentice who hire on a gang of the scurvy dogs.  It could be an interesting group.

Still, staying on focus with this, a really nice paint job on her and the subtlety of the outfit making the coat stand out more by contrast was a really nice touch!

Thanks, Pippin!  Actually it was by coincidence that I did this jacket as I was plotting my Sigilist; but it gave me the confidence to go forward with my plans for that figure, and taught me a few things.

Hmmm...a pirate based Frostgrave warband; that definitely would be very cool.  The initial problem I see is that most pirate figures are dressed from warmer seas than the Frostgrave setting.  It would probably necessitate some conversion work...not that that is a bad thing...:)   

Ohhh, that coat is fabulous.

Thank you, Pingo!

I love it!!!

Thank you, Xherman!

Beautiful, the colors work so well together and her face is great, love the eye and lips.

Thanks, Marsya!  I felt confident paying extra attention to the eye,  going all out with an iris highlight and eyeshadow, because I knew I only had to do one eye  and didn't have to make a matching pair!  :)  

Love the print work on the jacket.  

Thank you, llc!  

• Like 2