Sign in to follow this  

So after working lots on Ral Partha Chaos Wars drwarves, here is something a little bit different.  Still very old school, from an old Partha line, Royal Armies of the Hyborean Age, a female thief, really simple sculpt from Dennis Mize, a front and back angle, nice figure, sculpted it looks like in 1979.  Enjoy!

post-1758-0-12018100-1467663321.jpg

post-1758-0-53841600-1467663332.jpg

post-1758-0-22839200-1467663348.jpg

• Like 21

I had to go check Darius, but the figure was sculpted a few years before Conan came out!

and judging by the size of my unpainted horde, yes I will live forever......

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hi guys and gals, 

So just painted these two, which were pretty simple jobs being they didn't have too many things hanging off of them.  These are bugbears sculpted by Tom Meier, back in 1983.  I had always thought these were odd kind of figures, because my other concept of bugbears at the time were the Monster Manual version as well as the two Grenadier bugbears that were available at the time.  One of my future projects is to paint the Grenadier bugbears as well, plus some more recent Partha bugbears and I think I have somewhere the female bugbear by Reaper that I'd like to paint up.

Anyhoos, these guys have these huge eyes that I really didn't know what to do with.  I thought of one color and not put in any pupils, but then changed my mind.  Hopefully green eyes look okay.  

Anyhoos, enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      So for those who celebrate such things, I hope you all had a really nice Thanksgiving as well as a beautiful Black Friday!

So I finished these a few days ago, but have kind of been a bit busy for posting.  They both have shields, but only one of them I had to worry about putting a "something" on the shield.  I didn't know exactly what to put on there, so ended up with a little green face with X'd out eyes. There was still space so painted a little triangle.  No great significance, just filling in some space.

Being I was painting them too both at the same time and in the effort of saving time I ended up painting their footwear equal colors, hopefully nobody will think the less of me for it.

These are two miniatures from Ral Partha, sculpted by Dennis Mize, that were part of their Ral Partha Imports range.   Partha originally was distributing some Citadel figures back in the eighties, but I think they either lost the rights to the miniatures or just decided to sculpt their own alternative versions.  In any case as a result, there are some Citadel figures that have a Partha version, mostly sculpted back then by Dennis Mize.  

I was watching too around last week Anne's Twitch channel in which she mentioned she actually does some painting or dry brushing of static grass and I mean to try it one of these days, just haven't quite figured out with it yet if it's just a bit of random dry brushing or if there would be a method to it.  It kind makes sense though.  I found out years ago that if you used sand or rocks on your bases, it looks a lot better if you painted them as well, as the rocks don't seem to check with the whole miniature and base being painted.  

So anyhoos, everybody enjoy your long weekend if you happen to have one, don't shop too much, and maintain some social distancing!

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone! After seeing @Kangaroorex Grenadier 9601, Black Dragon, I decided it was time for me to salvage mine from the shelf of shame. Thanks for the motivation Kangaroorex. This model was sculpted by William Watt in 1988. Unfortunately, the one I bought some years ago had a few battle scars. It has a broken horn and a broken wing claw. Its main tail stinger and tongue were also broken. As a reference, the base is 75mm wide.

• By SGHawkins09
      Recently finished this lovely mini from Dark Sword. Toyed with a few ideas but the winter theme ended up being the one that stuck. I wish I had had more time to spend on it but I am happy with how she turned out. 

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 61 Guests (See full list)