Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

TBM3016 King Pelenore (on Foot)

Looks very good, Jay! I think the base is fantastic, the red and purple are very regal.

Critiques - from the pics, the metals seem to be lacking your usual attention to detail. The black helm is very matte and doesn't look to be metallic, I'd suggest adding some silver metallic to the edges where the light would hit and reflect. The same with the axe blade, it needs some dark glazing to dull down the shine in places to give it some shadows. 

• Like 2

Looks very good, Jay! I think the base is fantastic, the red and purple are very regal.

Critiques - from the pics, the metals seem to be lacking your usual attention to detail. The black helm is very matte and doesn't look to be metallic, I'd suggest adding some silver metallic to the edges where the light would hit and reflect. The same with the axe blade, it needs some dark glazing to dull down the shine in places to give it some shadows. 

Thanks UB3R;

I'll put those touches in before I seal the mini. 

Think all this heat is getting to me..ROFL.

• Like 1

Thanks UB3R;

I'll put those touches in before I seal the mini. 

Think all this heat is getting to me..ROFL.

::D:

It happens sometimes, heat can sap your mental faculties pretty easily. Try to stay cool!

I am on the same line as Ub3r....  I just think you need a nice cool iced coffee or tea  and then another look at the mini.

I noticed the hand holding the axe seems to be missing some paint where it connects with the handle and on the thumb.

Otherwise I am impressed by the base work as well..  you seem to be paying more attention to them these days.

• Like 2

Well that king is serious about cutting down some trees! ::P:

Looks really nice sir! I do enjoy those action poses!

• Like 2

I am on the same line as Ub3r....  I just think you need a nice cool iced coffee or tea  and then another look at the mini.

I noticed the hand holding the axe seems to be missing some paint where it connects with the handle and on the thumb.

Otherwise I am impressed by the base work as well..  you seem to be paying more attention to them these days.

I had some ice water, and looked it over.  Helm and shield have metal touches.  I noticed a couple of hits from when I based

him, and corrected them.  I also worked on the axe and that pesky thumb..LOL.

Thanks for your input.

Changing schedule for next four days... Painting and Norwegian Lessons, THEN water garden..AT NIGHT !!!

To silly hot to be outside in this heat.  I am working my bases more, trying to make them original. 

The 25mm's come with their own separate set of problems !

Thanks again RobinH

• Like 4

Nice work!

Depending on your garden, have you tried to use a soaker hose system?

I spent about $25 on a kit at my local DIY store for mine and it works great for my tomatoes, peppers and onions. ..

Just remember to turn it off!

• Like 1

Cool!

I like knights, once you get them out of that tin can they're wearing they taste delicious..

• Like 3

One thing I would do is make sure the sand goes all the way to the edge, and then paint it. The raw sand makes it stand out like it's the unreal part of the piece. :) I noticed that the grass tuft on the right side of the knight is lifting away from the base due to a larger piece of sand keeping it from sticking to the base.

Otherwise I dig the colors! 

• Like 2

One thing I would do is make sure the sand goes all the way to the edge, and then paint it. The raw sand makes it stand out like it's the unreal part of the piece. :) I noticed that the grass tuft on the right side of the knight is lifting away from the base due to a larger piece of sand keeping it from sticking to the base.

Otherwise I dig the colors! 

Thanks Darius !

I'll have to use a tweezers and get that grain out, and nail that tuft down.

Thanks for the hawk eye (no pun intended).

I'm really appreciative of everyone's comments, and suggestions.

You folks are catching things that I just don't see.

Magne tusen takk.

• Like 2

You're welcome! Glad to help. I've been doing so many weird and fun bases lately, I'm starting to look for where to put my grasses, flocking and such and what colors to paint the sand as to compliment the figure. 

• Like 1

Thank you so very much everyone.

I am really happy to see that star up there, and to know that you liked what I have done.

It honestly was a bit daunting.  These 25mm sculpts are quite daunting at times.

MR. Meier's works are amazingly sculpted, and little details that show up after you have primed and lined them.

I adore his works.  He taught me how to paint with his complex minis.

Thank you for your likes and comments.  Means a great deal to me.

Jay

• Like 1