Sign in to follow this  
SparrowMarie

Darkstone Hydra: Shadows of Brimstone

I did this yesterday as a quick paint. Took about an hourish overall. I'm pretty happy with it, could probably use a few tweaks here and there. I'll pull out my light box later and post it up on my blog for a better quality, I just took it with my cell phone for now.

post-13972-0-08090900-1467913014_thumb.jpg

• Like 20

Oh, now thurr is a most handsome snake monster. Makes me want to go buy the game!

• Like 2

Is that from one of the expansions? It looks cool. I found the minis from the base game to require a lot of prep to make the assembly look decent when primed.

• Like 1

Is that from one of the expansions? It looks cool. I found the minis from the base game to require a lot of prep to make the assembly look decent when primed.

Yes it's from an expansion pack. The newer models are a little nicer but still take a bit of work to look decent. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Corpsekin
      I painted some Warhammer snake elves up as corn snakes a while back and really liked how they came out. I didn't think the full pattern would work well on a hydra but I went with the same colours and I'm pretty pleased with the result.

• By Venun
      I got this awesome looking Hydra  from the EU Box of Goodwill. @GlitterwolfGlitterwolf got it years back from another bogw.

I traced it to be part of a kickstarter, where originally it was a fountain! 
      Not having the water parts, and also wanting to paint out alive, it resulted in this!

I tried to create a shadow of his body still under water, although I didn't think of it till after the water texture was added. Still happy on the outcome :) 

• By Maledrakh
      I have been playing Doom Eternal lately. Several stages within some of the missions are set inside massive demonic fleshy creatures or structures with organic tunnels. Organic as in made of living meat, like a skinned carcass, with giant meaty blobs, bladders, tendons and instestines everywhere. The floor covered in pools of acid...one can only imagine the smell.
      Naturally, this made me want to paint up some of the minis for the Shadows of Brimstone Belly of the Beast Otherworld. This otherworld is just such an organic hellscape, set inside the entrails of some enormous cosmic creature. The Belly of the Beast Expansion rules, cards and map bits come in the "Temple of Shadows" expansion set, an expansion for the japanese-themed Forbidden Fortress base set. The Skin Crawler minis are also included in this expansion, while the Gastral Tyrant, Bone Eaters and Acid Blobs each are in their own little enemy packs. I have at least the flesh mites still to do, and I am thinking some more giant tentacles would fit this theme well, if I can find them. Maybe even some of the new, japanese-themed heroes too.

This lot took me a couple of evenings to do, mostly drying time in between prepping the Bones 4 Lost Valley Expansion minis. 

Lots more pictures below.

• By Citrine
      This Grenadier Hydra (SKU 124) has been languishing on my painting table for a really long time (maybe 30 years), so I decided it was time to finish it once and for all.  I wanted it to have a similar color scheme to the Grenadier Hydra Dragon (SKU 9911) I painted 30+ years ago, in one weekend (to get it ready for the game on Sunday afternoon).
      It is a true oldie, with a bunch of that old mini charm, but it has a serious lean.  I didn't realize how bad it actually was until I glued it together after painting.

• By Rigel
      Diversity is important, and my Imperial forces and Venerians have been lacking. Well, I mean there's some ethnic diversity, but all the Venerians are ladies and all the Imperials are men. So here's a male Venerian (Hydra Valkeeri Mind Slave B if I recall). He looks like he should be played with minimal charisma by an actor named Brick Manjaw. Or Chet Chesthair, something of that nature.

Him with the gals: 

And likewise from the Valkeeri line, here's Empress Xenovia. But a) she's an Empress, and b) the outfit seems a bit more like the Imperials of Lord Zarek than the retrofuture vavoom Valkeeri. 

And the whole crew: 

• Who's Online   22 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)