Talae

Pokemon Go

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

I'll probably reinstall the thing just for ReaperCon, lol. Going poke-hunting with @Doug Sundseth and his awesome wife was a fun highlight last year. ^_^

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

FWIW, I uninstalled the game sometime last year when it wanted what I thought were unreasonable permissions and wouldn't run without them. Cheryl tells me that they backed off on that and she's still playing regularly, though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

FWIW, I uninstalled the game sometime last year when it wanted what I thought were unreasonable permissions and wouldn't run without them. Cheryl tells me that they backed off on that and she's still playing regularly, though.

I was wondering why it's been months since you accepted the gift I sent :p

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I re-downloaded it. I have...a lot of gifts to pick up! :lol:

I still have the problem that I either need to drive places to spin for pokeballs (closest one is a 15 min walk away, located at a fountain in the middle of a roundabout <_<), or else pay real money. This is why I uninstalled it last time, even though I find the gameplay itself fun. -_-

Huzzah! 

• Like 3

I quit about a month ago. Will see if I feel like restarting when rCon rolls around

i have been enjoying the Jurassic world version instead, dinos have always been more my thing than pokemon

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I re-downloaded it. I have...a lot of gifts to pick up! :lol:

I still have the problem that I either need to drive places to spin for pokeballs (closest one is a 15 min walk away, located at a fountain in the middle of a roundabout <_<), or else pay real money. This is why I uninstalled it last time, even though I find the gameplay itself fun. -_-

Huzzah! 

Good excuse for a walk on a nice day! And Community Days are fun! Plus, you can get balls from us sending gifts (to an extent).

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I was wondering why it's been months since you accepted the gift I sent :p

Me too. Doug was SO CLOSE to beating me to level 40 then ditched. I won. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All I know is I suspect people are tired of getting "propeller sculpture" from me as a gift.  Not my fault it's like right there, in front of my favourite coffee shop... And half a block north of the nearest farmers market.   So I usually wind up with, uhm, a "few" gifts from there. 

I've been saving HMCS Nonsuch Howitzer for... I dunno.  Somebody.  Partially because whenever I go by there I usually don't have PoGo up - something about work, and driving 60kph being more important than a game... ^_^;;;;

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

All I know is I suspect people are tired of getting "propeller sculpture" from me as a gift.  Not my fault it's like right there, in front of my favourite coffee shop... And half a block north of the nearest farmers market.   So I usually wind up with, uhm, a "few" gifts from there. 

I've been saving HMCS Nonsuch Howitzer for... I dunno.  Somebody.  Partially because whenever I go by there I usually don't have PoGo up - something about work, and driving 60kph being more important than a game... ^_^;;;;

Eh, I tend to send a lot from "Sedimental". The geology building has a pretty display of stone slabs on the wall which I can just barely reach from my office. Then there are the few between bus stop and the building. I only sometimes get variation. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I started playing again within the last couple of months.  Hopefully I dont get ultra competitive/completionist like I did last time I played.

You didn't pull a gun on somebody and demand "all them right purty pokey-mans" did you?

Because if you didn't, you weren't really in it to win it.  

Unrelated:  you can find pokemons in jail cells.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Good excuse for a walk on a nice day! And Community Days are fun! Plus, you can get balls from us sending gifts (to an extent).

Me too. Doug was SO CLOSE to beating me to level 40 then ditched. I won. 

Not really. By the time I quit, I was probably 1.5 - 2 million XP behind and getting further back. It was clear that you were earning XP significantly faster than I was.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Not really. By the time I quit, I was probably 1.5 - 2 million XP behind and getting further back. It was clear that you were earning XP significantly faster than I was.

I had three weeks of meandering a bustling city and living in an office; not much better to do in the evening than take every gym on campus. Slowed down since then :poke:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Both of my FLGS's has a stop I can hit at Paint Night so hat is what you all get mostly.

• Like 4

booted up the game for the first time in over a month only to see that you now have to pay real money to buy special lures to evolve new evolutions for the new stuff. That's awful, locking new evolutions behind a pay barrier. Bad enough you have to own a completely different game in order to get Meltan, or have to know people in order to do raids and get new legendaries (and even then, never catch them 98% of the time because of the awful catch rate), but now this?

kind've glad i quit

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

booted up the game for the first time in over a month only to see that you now have to pay real money to buy special lures to evolve new evolutions for the new stuff. That's awful, locking new evolutions behind a pay barrier. Bad enough you have to own a completely different game in order to get Meltan, or have to know people in order to do raids and get new legendaries (and even then, never catch them 98% of the time because of the awful catch rate), but now this?

kind've glad i quit

You can get the lures with coins, which you can get from playing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

still annoying to have something as basic and core to the game as evolving locked behind it. You get coins from gyms, which we do not have many of, and are often enmy-controlled and you quickly get kicked out when it is my team color. I barely earn coins at all, so it's not that big a comfort to me that you can get them that way, becuase ultimately it's still a pay-wall

raids are stupid enough, this is just more so annoying. I feel like the game is punishing people that don't have friends that play, or don't earn a lot of coins becuase their town isn't their gym-color, or don't want to spend money. I never thought they'd lock something like new pokemon behind the need to spend money. And if your town isn't majority YOUR color, then you aren't earning coins and you HAVE to spend money if you want the new stuff

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1