Pokemon Go

Talae

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still enjoying it, even if I only open the app three times a day. 

I am a little sick of the Psyducks and Staryus, Crabbies and Poliwags, and some other common types around my office by the river. I have not seen ratattas or pidges since the last two updates, and a lot more rares pop up once in a while, so can't complain.

And the buddy system is just icing to let me try evolving some rares like Seel, Dragonair, Growlithe...

• Like 1

Welp...

My son, who inherited my old Samsung S4 mini, which is running KitKat 4.4+, can no longer play after the latest update. He is not happy. He had just joined a Pokemon Go club at school.

It says "This device, OS, or software is not compatible with Pokémon Go" but his phone isn't rooted.

I hit Lvl 25 yesterday as well, though I wasn't actually planning on it. I inadvertently started a Lucky Egg when I was out for a ride and had to do a mass evolve on the fly to keep from wasting it. Fortunately, I was getting close to the upgrade swarm anyway, so it worked out OK.

5 more km to a Pikachu upgrade. He's been my buddy for 27.1km so far.

Scored 5 gyms today, the largest a Lvl 8 that I had to beat twice at level 8, then twice at level 7 before the one win per level thing. Almost had a sixth, but it was one of the farthest away when my timer ran out and I didn't want to risk losing any of the other 5.

Lost a few pokemon go buddies. Stupid update about banning rooted phones. An acquantance filed a complaint to Google and he received $200 back. O_O @ money spent.

Blanket ban is stupid. Saw a large decline in players this weekend. The populated park I go play at has 20 to 30 people instead of the 100s. Mostly parents just lounging with kids. Ah well.

Lost a few pokemon go buddies. Stupid update about banning rooted phones. An acquantance filed a complaint to Google and he received $200 back. O_O @ money spent.

Blanket ban is stupid. Saw a large decline in players this weekend. The populated park I go play at has 20 to 30 people instead of the 100s. Mostly parents just lounging with kids. Ah well.

I am still banned. I have just been emailing Niantic. Any ideas on which email address to use for Google?

I'm still playing daily. I have noticed i can hold gyms for a few days now. Most of my friends who were not pokemon fans before have dropped off.

I've also read that Niantic has been cracking down on spoofers and rooted phones so a lot of the people who were able to cheat and be the top have quit or had to start over.

• Like 1