Pokemon Go

Talae

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fyi: until the 1st, any walking distance needed for candy is 1/4the distance

Also candy received when turning Pokemon into the Professor is increased as well. 

And, because it's Halloween, various 'spoopy' Pokemons are increased in appearance - Gastly and its evolutions, Cubone and Marowak, Meowth, Drowzee, maybe some others. 

Walked around the RIT campus today - earned a bunch of candy for Pikachu (like, twenty), caught approximately a billion Cubones (enough to evolve a Marowak, and could do another if I had an excellent Cubone to evolve), a bunch of Haunters, Gastlys and Meowths. Also (partially) replenished my backpack - I was running low on a bunch of supplies, but the campus is well-equipped with Pokestops. 

Edited by izzylobo

From the developer blog:

More bonuses, more fun! Daily bonuses are coming...
Trainers,

We want to provide you a detailed look at a new feature coming soon to Pokémon GO - Daily bonuses! Trainers will soon be able to receive a bonus for certain daily activities, including catching a Pokémon or visiting a PokéStop once a day. You’ll earn a larger bonus if you do this seven days in a row!

Catching a Pokémon every day will earn the following bonus:
500 XP
600 Stardust
Catching a Pokémon every day for 7 days straight will earn the following larger bonus:

2,000 XP
2,400 Stardust
Visiting a PokéStop and spinning the Photo Disc every day will earn the following bonus:

500 XP
A number of additional items
Visiting a PokéStop every day for 7 days straight will earn the following larger bonus:

2,000 XP
A greater number of additional items
If you catch a Pokémon at any time on Tuesday local time, you’ll be eligible for the next daily bonus on Wednesday at 12 AM local time.

The Pokémon GO team

• Like 1

The event was fun. I was able to get enough candies to evolve up 2 kinds I never had before, bringing my "caught" total in Pokedoex up to 107. As close as I can calculate, I can get another 15 never-before-caught Pokemon with buddy candy be evolving pokemon I currently have, and there's another 10 or so that are possible from 10k eggs if I ever get another one of those. (Snorlax, Jynx, Onyx, etc.)